Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
    someone else mentioned it earlier, I didn't see the answer - has the Institute stopped holding >100 person classes in the lecture halls?
    They are on spring break this week but I believe that is the intention, if and when students return to campus. (I have also heard - but cannot verify - that there's a chance the balance of spring semester classes will be held 100% on line...)
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      They are on spring break this week but I believe that is the intention, if and when students return to campus. (I have also heard - but cannot verify - that there's a chance the balance of spring semester classes will be held 100% on line...)
      After taking the step to not allow folks to attend the game, 100% online seems like the only option if they want to limit gatherings of that size. That is, if the administration's logic is to be followed...
      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
        After taking the step to not allow folks to attend the game, 100% online seems like the only option if they want to limit gatherings of that size. That is, if the administration's logic is to be followed...
        That's for Trigger 2, when someone on campus has it. They shut down the 'tute for a month, no questions asked. Essential staff only.

Comment

I am totally ready to shut down and stay in for 2 weeks now. Have enough Vodka and canned goods and just loaded up on my favorite chocolate covered marshmallow eggs!! Will turn on NetFlix and start watching all 11 years of Cheers reruns. Hard to imagine doing this today though, it is 72 degrees outside and sunny with little wind - now where are my golf clubs?
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Also interesting that RPI has four teams currently traveling in the south -Florida and S. Carolina. I believe its M &W Lacrosse, softball and baseball. So its ok for our student-athletes to travel through major airports and sit in germ laden airports/airplanes/hotels/restaurants/buses, but not ok for fans to sit in the stands of an ice rink ? Makes perfect sense !
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Can one really believe any information coming out of China?
              Depends on the source. Anyone working in the semiconductor industry likely has a number of reliable ones. It appears to have worked thus far - but we still aren't letting our people in Asia travel there.

Comment

I wonder if there isn't a compromise solution here - though probably too late to consider. Why not just limit attendance to RPI students only? They are already mixing among each other and they are unlikely to be seriously impacted by the virus. If you keep it to just RPI students then no one from the outside world is coming in to introduce the virus to them.

This would at least get some people in the seats although not too many considering it is spring break.

The precautions that people are putting in place in many areas are pretty half baked. My daughter is in a soccer tournament this coming weekend. They've been told that they cannot shake hands at the end of the games. Nice idea but considering the battles that go on during games then they've already had their shoulders, arms and hands all over each other while battling for position a bit pointless. While not nearly at the same level of engagement, can you imagine extending this to sumo wrestlers... OK to wrestle but no hand shakes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I suspect that is correct.
                  I think the information leaks. Recruiting sites have friends in athletic offices. I've seen football lists that include players that haven't made announcements and excluded players that announced an intent but didn't file because they wanted to wait until the new semester started (thereby ensuring their scholarship for the spring). That implies direct or indirect access to the actual portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    Here's what it looks like when a review is performed using logic and reason:

Message From Clarkson University

The University is keeping to its normal schedule, which includes events in Cheel Arena. At this time, we are asking anyone who has traveled to a location designated by the CDC as a Level 2 or 3 risk to not attend any Clarkson events within 14 days of travel, and the same from individuals who have been active in specific geographies or groups with known outbreaks. We are asking anyone who is sick or believes they may have been in contact with someone who is sick to stay home.
                    We are also telling our community and guests that it is okay to suspend social etiquette practices such as eliminating handshakes or other forms of personal contact when greeting others.
                    Throughout our campus operations, we are actively promoting the CDC’s counsel on everyday preventive behaviors. Stay home when sick. Cover coughs and sneezes. Frequently wash hands with soap and water. Keep hands away from your face and clean frequently touched surfaces.

One of our CEO's kids is on a semester abroad in Israel. Some of his friends went to Milan a week or two back. When they got back the Israeli immigration official told them they would have to self-quarantine for 14 days. They were at the beach the next day. I hate to say it, but if Clarkson thinks a bunch of young 20 somethings, many of whom seem to think they are invinceable in the face of such a threat, will self-regulate, they are delusional.
                    Last edited by rpi82; 03-09-2020, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                      I think the information leaks. Recruiting sites have friends in athletic offices. I've seen football lists that include players that haven't made announcements and excluded players that announced an intent but didn't file because they wanted to wait until the new semester started (thereby ensuring their scholarship for the spring). That implies direct or indirect access to the actual portal.
                      Didn't someone post that Shane Sellar of Dartmouth was going that route?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        So perhaps we should have simply carded all entrants to HFH who appear to be over age 65. Sort of like a reverse ID check and only youngsters allowed in for the games. Anyone with a medicare has to go home and watch on TV!!
                        That works for me (jk) because I'd get in, although with my gray hair I'll bet I'd be carded. I don't do this getting old well and it didn't help that my kids thought it was hysterical that I am old enough to buy off the senior menu at IHOP.
                        Last edited by rpi82; 03-09-2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Didn't someone post that Shane Sellar of Dartmouth was going that route?
                          https://twitter.com/markdivver/statu...665121285?s=21

Comment

Princeton announced that not only are classes going online but students are encouraged to stay home to take them. The only thing keeping them from making the same decision as the Tute is their record this season. They will be playing for the benefit of the Cornell-affiliated crowd.

Comment

Changing the channel for a second, I see that at least 3 former Engineers will be competing in the D-III men's tournament.

Donovan Ott- Utica College

Jon Richards- UW Eau Claire

Gavin Payne- U. St. Thomas

Ott is the 5th leading scorer on Utica with 28 points. Richards is the 2nd leading scorer on UWEC, also with 28 points. Good to see these guys continuing careers and having success. Also a bit of an indicator of the type of jump it is from D-III to D-I

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                                one of our ceo's kids is on a semester abroad in israel. Some of his friends went to milan a week or two back. When they got back the israeli immigration official told them they would have to self-quarantine for 14 days. They were at the beach the next day. I hate to say it but if clarkson, quinnipiac and cornell thinks a bunch of young 20 somethings, many of whom seem to think they are invinceable in the face of such a threat, will self-regulate, they are delusional.
                                fyp

Comment

Working...
                                X