Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Originally posted by RPI22Parent View Post
    It's very disappointing as a parent not to be allowed to attend this weekends games. Especially since Joe Boyle, a reporter for the Times Union, tweets that he will be at the games. Why is he more important then the parents of the Senior hockey players who aren't being allowed to attend. It's these parent whose sons will be playing their last games in the Field House and if they are not successful the last games of their collegiate careers and for a number of them the last games of their hockey careers. For some like myself we still will have time for a few more games. Pretty insensitive of this reporter to state and the school for that matter not to allow family members to attend. Cornell, who is following a similar social distancing protocol is allowing 3 guests for each player. RPI should be doing the same thing. Pretty easy to manage IMO.
    This will be of little comfort, but in reading the player quotes about the situation, I really admire the players for the way they are handling it--I am not sure I would be handling it as well if I were in their place.

I hope a solution to the situation can be found.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
      The line from the e-mail was "There is some discussion about people gathering at the Recovery Room inside the Troy Hilton Garden Inn."

I feel bad for the Field House staff that are on the front lines of having to deal with fan frustrations over this weekend, and who didn't realize the downside of sticking that line in there.
      Its the job of the Field House staff and marketing/promotions department to take care of the fans. Its the reason they exist, especially when events dictates such radical measures as banning fans. Sadly at RPI, the fans are often (usually?) an afterthought.

Has anyone spotted any online campaign, effort or unique idea from these folks urging fans to send along their Twitter or Instagram videos of support to the team, as has been suggested here by others ? ?..A team which has worked so **** hard to earn home ice. ( If I've missed these campaigns then I'm happy to be wrong !!)

If I sound PO'd then you'd be correct. I DO NOT blame the cancellation events on these people, but I do expect creative, thoughtful ways for fans to direct their energies...
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by RPI22Parent View Post
        It's very disappointing as a parent not to be allowed to attend this weekends games. Especially since Joe Boyle, a reporter for the Times Union, tweets that he will be at the games. Why is he more important then the parents of the Senior hockey players who aren't being allowed to attend. It's these parent whose sons will be playing their last games in the Field House and if they are not successful the last games of their collegiate careers and for a number of them the last games of their hockey careers. For some like myself we still will have time for a few more games. Pretty insensitive of this reporter to state and the school for that matter not to allow family members to attend. Cornell, who is following a similar social distancing protocol is allowing 3 guests for each player. RPI should be doing the same thing. Pretty easy to manage IMO.
        Totally agree... your disappointment is well founded IMO.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Not sure where this is going......
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Not sure where this is going......
              I was just going to post that. It does need some more info.

Edit: I will defer to turk on the continuation.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Comment

Breaking: Harvard Forfeits Weekend Series ... Administration Bars Team From Playing This Weekend; ECAC Deciding Options -

Comment

Harvard will not be playing its Best-of-3 ECAC Quarterfinal series this weekend at Rensselaer, CHN has learned.

The school's administration has barred its athletic teams from competing, part of a series of precautionary measures being taken to prevent coming in contact with coronavirus, and preventing its spread.

As a result, Harvard will forfeit its series with RPI. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...d-Forfeits.php

Comment

As of now, the final four of the ECAC championship is still scheduled for the following weekend in Lake Placid, and is still open to the public. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...d-Forfeits.php

Comment

As of now, the final four of the ECAC championship is still scheduled for the following weekend in Lake Placid, and is still open to the public. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...d-Forfeits.php
                        But there is a long time to go.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FYI, Essex County, where Lake Placid is located, announced yesterday a state of emergency due to the virus - https://www.co.essex.ny.us/wp/wp-con...2020-03-10.pdf. Not sure what impact that will have on the tourney, but doesn't look good.

Comment

This is not how I wanted the boys to get to Lake Placid

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                              This is not how I wanted the boys to get to Lake Placid
                              From the CHN article which turk linked: "They could go on as scheduled, or the teams could re-seed, with top-seeded Cornell earning an automatic trip to Lake Placid." So we could end up playing Yale.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                From the CHN article which turk linked: "They could go on as scheduled, or the teams could re-seed, with top-seeded Cornell earning an automatic trip to Lake Placid." So we could end up playing Yale.
                                This does not look good. Any decision on re-seed will have to be made in the next few hours.
                                The way things are going nationwide, nothing is certain when it comes to sports.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X