Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
    3-3 in a playoff game, eh? So in other words, no spread.
    I wonder if the fact that fans won't be there was taken into consideration.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The word is coming out from Amherst that its spring sports season has been suspended (Amherst also announced remote classes for the remainder of the year yesterday). Not sure if any of the Mammoth teams have RPI on the schedule this year, but if other schools follow suit there may be larger impacts on Division III athletics.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
        The word is coming out from Amherst that its spring sports season has been suspended (Amherst also announced remote classes for the remainder of the year yesterday). Not sure if any of the Mammoth teams have RPI on the schedule this year, but if other schools follow suit there may be larger impacts on Division III athletics.
        I just went to the Quinnipiac ticketing system and it says "No events available."

Both Cornell and Clarkson selling tickets for this weekend.
        Last edited by rpi82; 03-10-2020, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
          I just went to the Quinnipiac ticketing system and it says "No events available."

Both Cornell and Clarkson selling tickets for this weekend.
          Figures... the one year that there's a chance that 3 NY teams make it to Lake Placid, they're won't be any fans !!
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I wonder if the fact that fans won't be there was taken into consideration.
              That's effectively made this a home series for Harvard. Any chance the RPI band will play from another location and be piped into the rink to provide *some* rink noise?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Figures... the one year that there's a chance that 3 NY teams make it to Lake Placid, they're won't be any fans !!
                That would be the ECAC’s call, not the participating schools.
                And as for RB’s post, it’s not surprising considering we’re talking about the NC$$.

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                  That's effectively made this a home series for Harvard. Any chance the RPI band will play from another location and be piped into the rink to provide *some* rink noise?
                  Or at least someone to blow off the horn for each RPI goal (or at least a recording of one)?

Comment

Harvard has moved all classes to online only.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/...d-19-outbreak/

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post

I know that our main concern here is RPI hockey and the up coming hockey games. But Italy just shut down its country. I am not sure that we are taking this thing seriously enough.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                        Sadly, RPI struggles with even rudimentary off-ice production/promotion/participation.... I don't hold out any hope they'll be that creative. But hopes springs eternal....
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          I know that our main concern here is RPI hockey and the up coming hockey games. But Italy just shut down its country. I am not sure that we are taking this thing seriously enough.
                          I think that message is sinking it. Re: Italy, they took they step after their earlier warnings to implement " social distancing" were largely ignored.... Once example I read included ski resorts in the north (where the Italian outbreak occurred) advertising to lure students from the cities (whose schools had shut down) to "come skiiing"... Also, Italy has a large segment of their population in the higher risk category, adding to their decision to shut down. Whatever the case, our reality is we need to take precautions and ride this thing out...be it for weeks or months.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                            They've got 5,000+ students returning from spring break on Sunday. That means every campus gathering will effectively have "outside participation." Are they going to cancel every 300 student lecture in CC308? Every class with more than 50 students? Will they be limiting capacity to the dining halls and the McNeil Room to 50 at a time?
                            Originally posted by jmhusker View Post

I'm seeing rumblings that RPI will be doing online-only classes for the first two weeks following spring break: https://www.reddit.com/r/RPI/comment..._for_the_next/

Comment

Cornell caved.

https://cornellsun.com/2020/03/10/iv...r-limitations/
                              Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Cornell also forbidding fans, not just at their ECAC quarterfinal but also the women's NCAA tourney games.

EDIT: tom typed faster.
                                RPI Pep Band
                                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Working...
                                X