X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covid 19

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Yup.

Funny, no word from the geniuses who assured us there was "nothing to worry about", allowing our supply chains to run through a clandestine dictatorship that detests our way of life, and wants to replace US as the pre-eminent world power. Good call on that.

Once this is resolved - and it will be resolved - the reckoning needs to begin with this.

Thought he gave an address from the Oval Office last night.
    $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
    Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Hey lewsp1 what do you teach? Great info you have shared! 40 year Health/PE teacher here.
      Currently on hiatus but was teaching in Nursing program. Have had a fascination for epidemic stories for years, since I was a little kid. Used to read books about them <-- geek
      Totally agree on the travel ban from Europe...but someone tell me why not the UK? I think I already know the answer, but curious if there's any SCIENTIFIC reason why they are excluded from this ban. They have quite a few confirmed cases? Still, what stops someone from travelling from another part of Europe, to the UK, and fly out from there that could be infected? Despite all of this, the virus is already here. Saw a story last night on the 14 Americans who went on a ski trip to Italy...all 14 tested positive. While a 'small sample' man, that's wild...
      Science is against the rules. Why do you think they classified all those meetings?
      This alone (delay in testing the population) is going to be one of the biggest reasons why this will turn out to be why we are already behind the 8 ball with this health crisis. Just my .02. Going way back to the HIV crisis, getting a viable test was very difficult and it took almost 3 to 4 years into the epidemic for that to happen due to many reasons (science can only move so fast, government indifference was a factor which can't be denied, the blood banks balked which led to many infections, particularly to the hemophiliac population). Fortunately we learned that lesson (the hard way) and the test for the virus is available. Saw today on Twitter 'drive up' testing sites in parts of the country. The only way you even try to get ahead of this is in testing, and, social distancing, which we are seeing in many facets of life, particularly with schools, colleges, professional sports.
      Little factioid- was in Practice when HIV was identified- When we got a test it was very, very risky to have one. If you tested positive and someone found out it could impact your ability to work, ability to get insurance, result in you being ostracized socially, get you banned from gyms (I was friends with the John Doe who sued the BAA gym in Boston after he lost his job). If you were positive you were a pariah. This was not really resolved until they made it illegal to disclose the result or to discriminate based on the result. Most places still have record releases that specify release of medical records and a separate release for psych and HIV information.

Comment

The Governor of Ohio just has a press conference announcing no public gatherings of more than 100 (lets see him enforce that) and all public schools closed for 3 weeks.
        Guess that kills my Deer Turkey Expo next weekend too!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          The Governor of Ohio just has a press conference announcing no public gatherings of more than 100 (lets see him enforce that) and all public schools closed for 3 weeks.
          You don't think the governor can enforce that? Or do you think the governor just won't bother?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            Posts in this thread are being reported for being too political, so please refrain from pointing out what an incompetent, lying, egotistical buffoon we have in the Oval Office.

Thank you for your cooperation.
            Solid.
            You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

NCAA cancels all winter sports tournaments.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                NCAA cancels all winter sports tournaments.
                And Spring as well

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  You don't think the governor can enforce that? Or do you think the governor just won't bother?
                  Depends on what you consider a public gathering. There's more than 100 people in the local grocery store or Walmart.
                  Does he think people won't go to their churches? Most congregations exceed 100. I guess simply put these are uncharted waters.
                  My son and his wife are both teachers and are wondering if this means school will be extended into summer by nearly a month and when they do come back the kids won't be up to speed.
                  They teach in a district with a large number of urban kids and it takes a lot of effort to keep a number of them up to speed under ideal conditions.

Comment

Comment

Depends on what you consider a public gathering. There's more than 100 people in the local grocery store or Walmart.
                      Does he think people won't go to their churches? Most congregations exceed 100. I guess simply put these are uncharted waters.
                      My son and his wife are both teachers and are wondering if this means school will be extended into summer by nearly a month and when they do come back the kids won't be up to speed.
                      They teach in a district with a large number of urban kids and it takes a lot of effort to keep a number of them up to speed under ideal conditions.
                      I don't think he means the supermarket. I do think he means churches, and given the age of the average parishioner they shouldn't be doing much anyway. Sporting events, business conferences, certain music concerts, movies...that's what he's aiming at and those are proper precautions to take. I understand there's a segment of our population that thinks this is all a hoax, but it really isn't. Nothing that is said here is going to change your mind so go ahead and do what you're going to do. I just hope you don't accidentally infect someone else.

Comment

No sports to watch, everything being shut down. Just giving morons more time to argue about politics online!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          No sports to watch, everything being shut down. Just giving morons more time to argue about politics online!
                          argument-clinic

Comment

Canadian USports is still a go!!
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Canadian USports is still a go!!
                              Was talking to an announcer and his entire slate of games just got wiped. I was kinda joking (but not really) that he should try eSports. ESPN, FS1 and the regionals are going to be hurting for live content and eSports are a viable option. If people will cheer for pieces of laundry on athletes why not digital laundry on digital athletes? Miss the NBA? Let's do the NBA tournament on NBA2K with some of the top players; with professional announcers, studio hosts and analysts. Can do the same thing with MLB: The Show and NHL20. People are going to be trapped inside looking for something to watch...

Comment

if walmart has 100 people they are not packed together but is spread throughout a store- proximity is the variable you are trying to control
                                Churches around here are attempting to go to stream. A number of them started last week.
                                There is some talk here they may cancel school at the lower levels.
                                Students have time to get back to speed. If you kill their folks or they get really ill I am pretty sure that is going to be a big setback

Comment

Working...
                                X