This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
    Don’t know about what you mention, but I’m afraid the big massive flow of government funds going to these companies for production contracts is ugly to the point of “we don’t want to know”. After this is over I’ll be curious to see who made the money off of this pandemic.
    I guess they have us over the barrel on this one. Must have situation.
    🙄
    Don’t worry about on account you have been accidentally accused of being a liberal.

Comment

• Re: Covid 19

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      well, tests might be available where you are but not here in Michigan. At least not for the average person. I can't get one. maybe next week.
      Actually here in NH...I do not know how the testing situation is going...I hope you get what you need!!! (and deserve)
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Actually here in NH...I do not know how the testing situation is going...I hope you get what you need!!! (and deserve)
        Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          Yes.
          https://youtu.be/QRg_8NNPTD8

Comment

• You know.

Comment

Thank you for sharing this data-driven link, which most have chosen to ignore ...

An excerpt, after several subsections of comprehensive analysis of the available worldwide data:

==========

So what should we do?

The first rule of medicine is to do no harm.

Local governments and politicians are inflicting massive harm and disruption with little evidence to support their draconian edicts. Every local government is in a mimetic race to one-up each other in authoritarian city ordinances to show us who has more “abundance of caution”. Politicians are competing, not on more evidence or more COVID-19 cures but more caution. As unemployment rises and families feel unbearably burdened already, they feel pressure to “fix” the situation they created with even more radical and “creative” policy solutions. This only creates more problems and an even larger snowball effect. The first place to start is to stop killing the patient and focus on what works. (emphasis added)

==========

Russell and myself were nibbling around the edges on some of these issues on here a few days (and dozens of pages) ago, before the hysterics re-entered the picture, so it's nice to see this out there.

To anyone with a truly open and inquisitive mind … I urge you to check this out. It'll take some time, but it will be worth it in the end, and PLEASE pass it along to like-minded family, friends and acquaintances. We need to end the media-driven panic and hysteria, regain our collective senses, and start making rational - not fear-driven - decisions.

Even if you don't sign onto the end piece and some of the more political conclusions in it … the data-dense early portions of this analysis is well worth the read. Summation - it ain't nearly as bad as many would tell you. And that's good news, for all of us.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                Thank you for sharing this data-driven link, which most have chosen to ignore ...

An excerpt, after several subsections of comprehensive analysis of the available worldwide data:

==========

So what should we do?

Local governments and politicians are inflicting massive harm and disruption with little evidence to support their draconian edicts. Every local government is in a mimetic race to one-up each other in authoritarian city ordinances to show us who has more “abundance of caution”. Politicians are competing, not on more evidence or more COVID-19 cures but more caution. As unemployment rises and families feel unbearably burdened already, they feel pressure to “fix” the situation they created with even more radical and “creative” policy solutions. This only creates more problems and an even larger snowball effect. The first place to start is to stop killing the patient and focus on what works. (emphasis added)

==========

Russell and myself were nibbling around the edges on some of these issues on here a few days (and dozens of pages) ago, before the hysterics re-entered the picture, so it's nice to see this out there.

To anyone with a truly open and inquisitive mind … I urge you to check this out. It'll take some time, but it will be worth it in the end, and PLEASE pass it along to like-minded family, friends and acquaintances. We need to end the media-driven panic and hysteria, regain our collective senses, and start making rational - not fear-driven - decisions.

Even if you don't sign onto the end piece and some of the more political conclusions in it … the data-dense early portions of this analysis is well worth the read. Summation - it ain't nearly as bad as many would tell you. And that's good news, for all of us.
                You have been so dumb. You still don’t get it.

Comment

==========

So what should we do?

==========

We will mobilize a war because we can’t fight a sub micron particle.

Comment

==========

So what should we do?

==========

I read this earlier today and re read tonight. He pretty much just gives an extrapolation of his views but I am having problems thinking he feel this is just going to somehow blow over and that life should just get back to normal. Sorry that is not how we are going to beat this. Italy did the gradual close down amd look what happened (and is still unfolding)

I think the next month (or heck 2 weeks) will speak volumes. It's his view looking at charts of the infection and putting them into his world view
                    Since he has no real pedigree (an average guy his words) I wonder if hes just not happy about being able to do what he wants which may not be a totally fair assessment. Doesn't really offer anything that stands out to me given what I can compare it to; most dont see it that way.

I think While the closures of schools and the disruption to our daily life is not easy I have to think it's necessary. That's just my simple take on reading this and looking at how other countries managed to avoid the massive outbreaks. But then...I look at NYC and alot of...most of.. what he suggests go right out the window. JMHO
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-21-2020, 11:17 PM.
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

==========

So what should we do?

==========

Just to be clear, I don’t question the merits of the decisions being made right now, nor the decision to essentially lockdown NYS.

I have a number of relatives on the "front" lines working in hospitals preparing — and in one case experiencing — the onslaught, so I know a lot of the stuff that is going on. That link to the medium analysis is greatly flawed. This **** is real. Right now, more damage will be caused if we don’t disrupt society.

Having said that, I have wondered how long this can continue, and at what point do we do more damage if we don’t let society return to normal.

But right now, I’m okay with things.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

==========

So what should we do?

==========

Read it. A lot of nothing from a nobody with enough time on their hands to write something that could cause people to die if they believed his thoughts.
                        $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                        Just win.....

Comment

==========

So what should we do?

==========

Keep digging your hole from your ivory tower.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

That dude isn’t even trained in epidemiology, he’s just some conspiracy theorist messing around with charts. All he’s doing is playing with data presentation (change numbers to percentages, etc) to try to hide the facts. It’s disgustingly deceptive garbage which, the way the FakeTrumpGod worshippers are passing it between each other like sacred scripture, is going to get a few hundred thousand more people killed. I’m so tired of this ignorant crap.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

==========

So what should we do?

==========

Your pet-moron Orange idiot hero is finally getting it into his dense head, why can't you?

It's coming to your backwater, too.

Comment

==========

So what should we do?

==========

I took the night off from forum reading (needed the break) but when I click the link this morning I get a 410 error. I also noticed this link was posted on another message board; yep, 410 error.

It's clear the article has been pulled.
                                Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 03-22-2020, 06:25 AM. Reason: 410 error, not a 404 error. Get your browser errors correct...

Comment

Working...
                                X