X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covid 19

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Except you would be bringing in Vectors.

I had so many people asking me for info I sent out an email with reputable links/good sources of information-

*Sites that have an accurate count of presumed/confirmed cases (CDC is NOT accurate for up to date cases- they are lagging by days in some cases, only list their confirmed cases, not cases that State labs have tested):

NY Times- they seem to be the most up to date- https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...BMkKrJQApVafzA
    Johns Hopkins-sites.https://developer.here.com/coronavir...E-pduM7BOQ8wM8

Sites with easy to find information
    Canadian Health Service https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...B6m2iZKORQMFpk

AARP- https://www.aarp.org/health/conditio...DebPQ7Zq2z78BU

BBC Nice little video primer https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51048366

WHO (World Health Organization) https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...ice-for-public

CDC- https://www.cdcgov/coronavirus/2019-...B6m2iZKORQMFpk
    Of note- this is link to CDC info handout. The site appears to be lagging behind many of the other sites for up to date information. There are some concerns the statements/ recommendations have been contradictory or not as strong as they should be. When in doubt seek info from other sites or default to the most stringent recommendation.

Regrettably, at this time, it is unwise to rely on statements coming out of the White House regarding recommendations or the status of what is happening*. Unfortunately almost all statements made to this point have contained contradictory or incorrect information. The WHO and CDC have been careful to immediately correct the misinformation but it is causing confusion. Take home- Make sure to check one of the other sites to confirm information.

* since I typed this they have decided to classify meetings where information is shared and have excluded some of the experts. Jared Kushner is in charge of a task force (with no previous experience or knowledge of either government or public health. Would double down on trusting information only if confirmed by a source not connected to the government- except the wonderful guy from NIH but I think they will work hard to muzzle him.
    Thanks for the great info. Biggest issue with this virus is it's just so infectious; mass testing is needed. Until that happens, it's going to be very difficult to contain, if at all, and the numbers will most likely be astronomical here. The diagnostic 'roll out' of the test has been abysmal in the U.S...and if I may add, disgraceful considering our capabilities to handle a pandemic like this. Hopefully that's changing as more tests become available.

Just read that UNH will stay open as usual after Spring break; they are asking people who travel to high risk areas etc. to 'self quarantine' themselves; good luck with that. Most likely, if any of these students/ staff who potentially become infected and/or do not self q this is an issue. Thing is, many will be asymptomatic and will unknowingly will infect others who will do the same, etc etc. Regardless, the virus is here and we just have to do the best we can to reduce it's spread. Going to go through a lot of people until 'herd immunity' is created and an effective vaccine is created.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Three consecutive self quotes. A fan forum natural hat trick.

Edit: and he adds the fourth before I can type my post
      You gotta hustle to defeat his quick wit, for sure.

Comment

*Looks at thread*
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

With everyone in panic mode over had bad this pandemic will be I guess we'll start seeing walkers appear soon!

Comment

What's up with some people believing this George Soros guy is behind this virus?
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              Quarantine him for 2 weeks.
              He's gone to a farm upstate with lots of room to run and play.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                What's up with some people believing this George Soros guy is behind this virus?
                I had some guy tell me earlier all the Covid-19 deaths were part of the hoax, a false flag by the Democrats and the media to tank the stock market and bring down Trump. I honestly thought he was kidding but he was deadly serious.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  I had some guy tell me earlier all the Covid-19 deaths were part of the hoax, a false flag by the Democrats and the media to tank the stock market and bring down Trump. I honestly thought he was kidding but he was deadly serious.
                  Trumpies are generally severely uneducated xenophobes, or rich people loving the tax breaks.

Strange brew.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    Never watched a Trump rally before?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Thanks for the great info. Biggest issue with this virus is it's just so infectious; mass testing is needed. Until that happens, it's going to be very difficult to contain, if at all, and the numbers will most likely be astronomical here. The diagnostic 'roll out' of the test has been abysmal in the U.S...and if I may add, disgraceful considering our capabilities to handle a pandemic like this. Hopefully that's changing as more tests become available.

Just read that UNH will stay open as usual after Spring break; they are asking people who travel to high risk areas etc. to 'self quarantine' themselves; good luck with that. Most likely, if any of these students/ staff who potentially become infected and/or do not self q this is an issue. Thing is, many will be asymptomatic and will unknowingly will infect others who will do the same, etc etc. Regardless, the virus is here and we just have to do the best we can to reduce it's spread. Going to go through a lot of people until 'herd immunity' is created and an effective vaccine is created.
                      I'm not challenging anything you say here, just a few questions:

1. How does the "herd immunity" work?

2. As the virus is passed from person A to person B to person C, etc. does its virulence diminish?

3. We're a long way from a vaccine right? Absent a vaccine, the limitation/elimination of public gatherings to limit the virus spread sounds like it would need to last for longer than a few weeks.
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

3. We're a long way from a vaccine right? Absent a vaccine, the limitation/elimination of public gatherings to limit the virus spread sounds like it would need to last for longer than a few weeks.
                        This is a fair question, but it appears China and S Korea are actually beginning to recover. Fewer cases. Perhaps that is a weakening or a social distancing benefit. As people recover perhaps fewer are getting sick. Maybe that’s a good sign. Perhaps this doesn’t “end” but gets to a manageable level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                          This is a fair question, but it appears China and S Korea are actually beginning to recover. Fewer cases. Perhaps that is a weakening or a social distancing benefit. As people recover perhaps fewer are getting sick. Maybe that’s a good sign. Perhaps this doesn’t “end” but gets to a manageable level.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...-behind-2020-3

This article answers your question I believe. Add in the ability of China to clear millions from the streets by fear alone backed by the authorities show of force.
                          Just look at those testing numbers, S. Korea and the U.S.both reported the virus on the same day and as of this past Sunday they have tested 189000 while we have tested 1707.
                          Knowing who has it and controlling where they go was the key. That will never happen here due to our "freedoms".
                          $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                          Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                            https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...-behind-2020-3

This article answers your question I believe. Add in the ability of China to clear millions from the streets by fear alone backed by the authorities show of force.
                            Just look at those testing numbers, S. Korea and the U.S.both reported the virus on the same day and as of this past Sunday they have tested 189000 while we have tested 1707.
                            Knowing who has it and controlling where they go was the key. That will never happen here due to our "freedoms".
                            Thanks, I’ll read this later. I think population density alone in S Korea warrants testing. I don’t think we could logistically swab relatively comparable numbers of US residents.

And yes there are prices to pay for freedom

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                              Depends on your willingness to wear a tinfoil hat. IF the Chinese weaponized the common cold (which this is) they most certainly would have developed and used a vaccine on themselves, right? Given what the political climate was in Hong Kong and China at the time this started to spread, it's not all that far-fetched. Remember at the beginning, China wasn't (still aren't) all that forthcoming with information or allowing outside help. This is also one of the reasons this has grown as big as it has.

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post

It would be good if China was recovering but you have to remember the only media that comes out of China is what China's government through it's state run media want's said.
                                There is no independent sources in a communist country so what their government says and what the truth is with China is usually entirely different.

Comment

Working...
                                X