X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covid 19

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    if walmart has 100 people they are not packed together but is spread throughout a store- proximity is the variable you are trying to control
    Churches around here are attempting to go to stream. A number of them started last week.
    There is some talk here they may cancel school at the lower levels.
    Students have time to get back to speed. If you kill their folks or they get really ill I am pretty sure that is going to be a big setback
    My sister who lives in MD said the governor shut all the schools down.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Was talking to an announcer and his entire slate of games just got wiped. I was kinda joking (but not really) that he should try eSports. ESPN, FS1 and the regionals are going to be hurting for live content and eSports are a viable option. If people will cheer for pieces of laundry on athletes why not digital laundry on digital athletes? Miss the NBA? Let's do the NBA tournament on NBA2K with some of the top players; with professional announcers, studio hosts and analysts. Can do the same thing with MLB: The Show and NHL20. People are going to be trapped inside looking for something to watch...
      This is probably going to be very close to what the networks do to fill air time.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c...chewan_canada/

Top Comment:
        COVID-19 cancels hockey. Canada cancels COVID-19.

haha

Comment

Have seen this mentioned a lot now. Any chance the NCAA would allow an extra year of eligibility for current seniors? I am sure many would move on but at least give them the option. Could be tricky when it comes to scholarships though. A one year exception?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Have seen this mentioned a lot now. Any chance the NCAA would allow an extra year of eligibility for current seniors? I am sure many would move on but at least give them the option. Could be tricky when it comes to scholarships though. A one year exception?
            I could see this happening for spring sports like baseball, especially if the cancellation lasts all the way until the summer and beyond. But for winter sports, I would doubt it. For some teams the season was already over before the cancellation went into effect, why should seniors on those teams get an extra year?

Comment

I get it, I understand it and wouldn't totally be against it. Problem being it would completely jam up recruiting. There would be very limited space for incoming freshman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                My sister who lives in MD said the governor shut all the schools down.
                For two weeks. March 16-27. Catholic schools are following the gov's lead, too.

Bergen County, NJ just closed, too.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

https://babylonbee.com/news/pence-ca...ie-coronavirus
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Babylon Bee? And now this thread has jumped the shark...
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                      I could see this happening for spring sports like baseball, especially if the cancellation lasts all the way until the summer and beyond. But for winter sports, I would doubt it. For some teams the season was already over before the cancellation went into effect, why should seniors on those teams get an extra year?
                      Those seniors shouldn't

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Now?!
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

lolololololololol......
                          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            It appears to be similar to the Onion. Go to their main page.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Those seniors shouldn't
                              But then why should some programs' seniors get another extra year and not others? Sticking to Hockey East because it's what I know, why should Mitch Fossier at Maine get another year and Lekkas at UVM not? That dosent sound fair to me, either they should both get the year or they both dont. That's why I don't think winter sports will get it.

Comment

How don't you get the difference there? Vermont was already eliminated. Season was over. If the argument is there's simply too many seniors to accommodate who were still playing at the time, ok. Ultimately that's probably how this ends anyway. Sucks for all these kids though.

Comment

Working...
                                X