This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Have spring sports even started competition yet? If you don’t play in any game that shouldn’t use up a year of eligibility so It would seem it should be automatic..
    Lax started in January baseball and softball in february.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      I have a couple of tRumpers in my family. They were too young to remember all his business failures and thought he was an excellent business man. Were plenty willing to ignore the abomination he is for a human being but they are not happy with his management of this.

I also have a few tRump is GOd !1!1!1!! people who believe to the bottom of their bones everything that is being shoveled at them from Fox, Briebart, Hannity and all the other tin hat people. No amount of facts will ever make them let go of their hero. Ever. They parrot what ever the current talking points are. If they contradict what they have posted before they are unable to see it, even when it is quoted back to them. Everything is a vast conspiracy- China did this, Obama did the exact same thing- it was awful he wasn't called out (this type of logic defies me- if you want to say O sucked because he did the same thing then why is it glorious your feckless leader is doing it?). Tests are available but the librul media is lying. He didn't make budget cuts- OBAMA*!!! About the only thing we haven't seen is Hillary's emails will implicate she and George Soros as having planned this for a long time and if only they could get the emails there would be proof. Or maybe they have the emails but decided to classify them?

*If Obama and the Dems are really this brilliant at planning, implementing to achieve this then they should win just because they are so smart!
      Of course you continue to be the shining beacon of rationalism and enlightened careful thought.

Obama did so great his own plans made testing harder. Werent we pleased to have such advanced and noble wunderkind holding shop for 8 years.

Oh, they were human too? Gosh would never have thought about it.

Now you can go back to the russian conspiracy files. Maybe if you catch the hamburglar he will flip on drumpf. Robble robble.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Re: Covid 19

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        Of course you continue to be the shining beacon of rationalism and enlightened careful thought.

Obama did so great his own plans made testing harder. Werent we pleased to have such advanced and noble wunderkind holding shop for 8 years.

Now you can go back to the russian conspiracy files. Maybe if you catch the hamburglar he will flip on drumpf. Robble robble.
        I see you are wearing your fashionable tin hat still.

I worked the H1N1 epidemic. I challenge you to find anyone who was in the trenches who will tell you they couldn't get a test. You won't find a real person because the minute the tests were available they were readily available.

Leaving all other stuff aside, the Orange Menace has been absolutely devastatingly bad at dealing with this pandemic. Trying to involve Obama is a silly attempt at deflection. I don't give a rats a55 about Obama. He isn't involved in this. He has been gone 3 yrs. Even if you were to drink the Koolaid that Obama did stuff wrong- the Rump has had 3 years to get his act together. He hasn't. He has lied, been corrected as he stood there and said the same lie again the next day. He provided false information, told people it would go away, they shouldn't worry, that we would have a vaccine, that we would have meds, that Google had a product they didn't. He models behaviour that is exactly opposite of what should be happening.

After waiting for the Feds to get their head outta their a55 the States decided they couldn't wait and took the lead. By the time the jack a55 spoke on Friday multiple States had gone ahead with piecemeal plans despite what the idiot in chief was saying or preventing people from saying.

All of this could have been mitigated. All it would have taken is a leader with balls to take the lead. We didn't have one. Thank God for the GOP Governors who are acting like real men and doing what is needed.

You know, I used to think who people believed this stuff were just stupid. Then I saw a string of clips from Faux where they actually said this kind of stuff on what claims to be a fair and balanced 'news and entertainment channel. Then I realized if this is all that people see, they hear it repeated often enough then they might believe it.

I repeat my prediction that the rate of fatality may be directly related to the political party affiliation. Darwin will cull the herd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post

U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Another owed rep. This pony is so versatile

Comment

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                told people it would go away, they shouldn't worry, that we would have a vaccine, that we would have meds, that Google had a product they didn't. He models behaviour that is exactly opposite of what should be happening.
                We shouldn't worry. It adds stress, which is bad for the immune system. We will have a vaccine. We have meds. And it will go away. All plagues do. If we can conquer AIDS we can conquer this.

So sad to see the glee about fellow citizens dying, just because they don't agree with your political agenda. I'd hate to be a Republican or Trump supporter being treated by you. I've said it before ... the blame game, name calling and vitriol need to stop and we need to pull together and take care of each other. We can get through this if we all co-operate!
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                  We shouldn't worry. It adds stress, which is bad for the immune system. We will have a vaccine. We have meds. And it will go away. All plagues do. If we can conquer AIDS we can conquer this.

So sad to see the glee about fellow citizens dying, just because they don't agree with your political agenda. I'd hate to be a Republican or Trump supporter being treated by you. I've said it before ... the blame game, name calling and vitriol need to stop and we need to pull together and take care of each other. We can get through this if we all co-operate!
                  We should worry. Because if we ignore it more people will die. Some of those people will be people we love. Some of them will be the Drs and Nurses who are trying to save those dying
                  We will not have a vaccine until at least 12 months from now which means a lot of people will die
                  We do not have meds that treat this. There are a very small subset of people they are trying cocktails of meds on with inconsistent success at best.
                  Sure it will go away. A lot of people will die before it does. Many of my friends will probably get infected because they do not have the protection they need.
                  It took us yrs to 'conquer AIDS'. We may conquer this but not before a lot of people I care about may or may not die or have very serious complications

No one has glee about people dying. I am enraged. People I love are in harms way. There is a way to decrease risk and that is being blocked or hampered by people who are incompetent and are putting their personal agenda ahead of the protection of citizens. I am past frustrated with people being stupid, denying risk, making excuses and othewise finding reasons to not hold people accountable or remove them from blocking what would help.

Sure we can do this if we all work together but read thru this thread. We are not together. There are plenty of people working and trying to prevent a big, big disaster. They we have the people who want to talk about Obama, tell us it is all over-reaction and in a neat twist that the dude who has made things way way worse is some kind of magic. You can't cooperate with people who don't believe we need to fix something.

Comment

What are you talking about? How many different narratives did you manufacture in just this one post?

1. We will have a vaccine in several months. Does nothing to help now
                    2. Meds don't do anything but alleviate symptoms. They cannot cure anyone
                    3. It could go away and likely will, but only if we take action - no sit on our hands and do nothing
                    4. AIDS is being maintained, but is far from 'conquered'
                    5. No one exhibited glee over anyone else dying, certainly not les
                    6. You'd had to be treated by someone that has not one time demonstrated they'd treat any patient differently based upon political persuasion?
                    7. "Blame game". Stop acting like a child. Trump and his administration have made many mistakes and are rightfully being called out for it. Demanding more from our so-called leaders is not a blame game and provides no interference on "working together".

Grow up for once and understand that expressing disappointment when it's warranted is not political, has nothing to do with hate, but is a normal and expected reaction.

Comment

Sorry, les, but worry does no good. Action does good, precautions do good. Sitting at home wringing our hands will not help anyone.

How do you know that a vaccine will not be available for 12 months? Israel thinks they are very close to one. So do several other countries.

Yes, we have anti-virals. And yes, they work.

Your outrage comes across as glee, that the virus will take down conservatives, that Trump will be defeated -or- better yet die!

I see the glass as half full, not as half empty. I see people trying their hardest to work towards preventing disaster. I see people self isolating. I see people helping feed school children who depend on school to feed them. I see people helping the elderly to get in supplies. I see people checking on neighbors, friends and family. I see our public officials trying to enact sensible rules to deal with this. I see sports players pitching in to help out stadium workers financially. I also see a very few people doing unsafe things. We need to help educate them, not call them names.

Spreading panic helps no one. Not you. Not your loved ones. Not your friends and neighbors. Not your internet friends.

Working together, helping the less fortunate, we WILL get through this.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        What are you talking about? How many different narratives did you manufacture in just this one post?

1. We will have a vaccine in several months. Does nothing to help now
                        2. Meds don't do anything but alleviate symptoms. They cannot cure anyone
                        3. It could go away and likely will, but only if we take action - no sit on our hands and do nothing
                        4. AIDS is being maintained, but is far from 'conquered'
                        5. No one exhibited glee over anyone else dying, certainly not les
                        6. You'd had to be treated by someone that has not one time demonstrated they'd treat any patient differently based upon political persuasion?
                        7. "Blame game". Stop acting like a child. Trump and his administration have made many mistakes and are rightfully being called out for it. Demanding more from our so-called leaders is not a blame game and provides no interference on "working together".

Grow up for once and understand that expressing disappointment when it's warranted is not political, has nothing to do with hate, but is a normal and expected reaction.
                        Trump, the administration, the CDC, our local officials have all made egregious blunders. But looking backward does not help. We need to look forward.

I think your post and les' vs mine are the difference between pessimists and optimists. Pessimists resort to name calling. Optimists look for the good in everyone. My opinions vary from yours. So I'm, a "child", "stupid" "not grown up". It must be sad to live in your head.

And you are wrong about AIDS. People are living for decades with it and some are being cured.

If expressing disappointment helps you, if you think it is normal and expected, go ahead. But, please know, a good attitude is vital in maintaining health.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Sorry, les, but worry does no good. Action does good, precautions do good. Sitting at home wringing our hands will not help anyone.

How do you know that a vaccine will not be available for 12 months? Israel thinks they are very close to one. So do several other countries.

Yes, we have anti-virals. And yes, they work.

Your outrage comes across as glee, that the virus will take down conservatives, that Trump will be defeated -or- better yet die!

I see the glass as half full, not as half empty. I see people trying their hardest to work towards preventing disaster. I see people self isolating. I see people helping feed school children who depend on school to feed them. I see people helping the elderly to get in supplies. I see people checking on neighbors, friends and family. I see our public officials trying to enact sensible rules to deal with this. I see sports players pitching in to help out stadium workers financially. I also see a very few people doing unsafe things. We need to help educate them, not call them names.

Spreading panic helps no one. Not you. Not your loved ones. Not your friends and neighbors. Not your internet friends.

Working together, helping the less fortunate, we WILL get through this.
                          Worry is a result of knowing things are going very badly and unless we remove the current leadership it will get very, very bad
                          How do I know there will be no vaccine? Because all of the pharma companies have said it will take at least a year. NIH spokesperson has said this multiple times. NPR did a number of excellent segments on this. Another one today. You cannot magically manufacture. It takes at least a yr. even if things go swimmingly. They usually aren't successful on the first try. The guy interviewed today made a point to say he has never seen a vaccine come out and succeed first time out.

We have anti-virals. And NO they are not consistently successful. There are some anecdotal trials of treatment with an anti-arthritis drugs combined with HIV cocktails. These DO NOT have reliable results and are being tried, seat of the pants in the hopes it will work. On multiple occassions the President has stated we have meds or they are close to a new med. This is incorrect. The head of CDC, NIH, WHO and HHS have all stepped in to correct him. He doesn't hear them and keeps saying it.

The comments about political party are based on research showing the Republicans are less likely to believe this is dangerous or that they need to respond to it. They view it as a manufactured crisis. Dems are more likely to believe it is a threat. Your posts are an excellent example of this. I am not spreading panic. I am stating facts. My state is an epicenter. My County has the highest number of cases. Our Local politicians are behaving like leaders. Our Federal politicians are not leading. If you don't believe me look up reactions of GOP governors making statements to this effect. THey are expressing disgust.

I am glad you are seeing so many positive things. It is wonderful people are helping each other. There is a whole other group of people who are willfully flaunting the recommendations while taunting people that they are 'over reacting, or causing panic'. Telling people it is really bad is the fact. It is really bad. It will get worse. Pretending a positive attitude will make things OK is not constructive. Having people brush off warnings as causing panic is frustrating and is just one more form of denial

Our Gov enacted multiple restrictions because people were not doing what they needed to do. Skim this thread. Look at all the people who are posting stupid things that people are doing. I have posted at least a hundred times correct facts in response to the misinformation that is still being perpetrated by this Administration and parroted by people who do not fact check beyond Faux news.

Yet, here you are posting the same things that have been posted about numerous times. The spokesman for NIH, WHO and at times CDC have all repeatedly and immediately refuted these claims any time someone in the Administration tries to say them. Yet, here we are. How much patience do you think a person should have when they see the same stuff, over and over that will put people at risk? Educating people is not working. It won't work until we get the false narrative off of the false network and they muzzle people who are not willing to lead.

Am I strident? Yes I am. Because while people continue to believe the horse sh1t they are selling about how we should all be OK the stats are not playing out that way and it is still really early. The number of cases in our county more than doubled in 3 days. Those are facts. saying them out loud, saying we aren't prepared enough, don't have the resources are facts. If you see that as creating panic I can't help that. Because this is how it is.

Comment

Trump, the administration, the CDC, our local officials have all made egregious blunders. But looking backward does not help. We need to look forward.

I think your post and les' vs mine are the difference between pessimists and optimists. Pessimists resort to name calling. Optimists look for the good in everyone. My opinions vary from yours. So I'm, a "child", "stupid" "not grown up". It must be sad to live in your head.

And you are wrong about AIDS. People are living for decades with it and some are being cured.

If expressing disappointment helps you, if you think it is normal and expected, go ahead. But, please know, a good attitude is vital in maintaining health.
                            The point is no one is looking back. The problem is persisting and worstening because we still have the same problem. We have not removed the people who are continuing to make the same blunders. There is no learning curve, they are not changing.

People live for decades with AIDS but they also live needing to take meds. If they stop the meds the outcome reverts. I am unaware of anyone who has been cured. They are in remission while taking meds.

I am unclear how a chronic infection has bearing on an acute infection. AIDS was never an acute infection. It is a chronic infection that gradually removes your immune response until you catch something else that kills you. COVID19 is an acute infection that kills fairly rapidly. AIDS is fairly difficult to transmit. If I take care of you when you have AIDS I know how to protect myself and can do it well. COVID there are a frightening umber of Healthcare people catching it even when they are protected.

Comment

Yes, les, you are strident. You are have been an early adopter of panic mode. You spread some untruths. You blame and name call. None of this is helpful, least of all to yourself, to have such a negative attitude. Negativity affects health big time. Have you ever studied yoga, meditation or Ayurveda? It might help with your pessimism and help you to chill.

P.S. - I'm not a Republican. I'm a registered Democrat. I'm also a classical liberal.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Yes, les, you are strident. You are have been an early adopter of panic mode. You spread some untruths. You blame and name call. None of this is helpful, least of all to yourself, to have such a negative attitude. Negativity affects health big time. Have you ever studied yoga, meditation or Ayurveda? It might help with your pessimism and help you to chill.

P.S. - I'm not a Republican. I'm a registered Democrat. I'm also a classical liberal.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X