X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    RPI will play their ECAC playoff games without crowds:

https://rpiathletics.com/news/2020/3...protocols.aspx

This could happen with other events...could we see this with the NCAA tournament and Frozen Four?
    All it takes is one. Other schools are gonna do the same now.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      All it takes is one. Other schools are gonna do the same now.
      We're not #1. Hopkins did this for hoop earlier this week.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        I meant college hockey for next weekend.

Comment

We're not #1.
          Maybe the first time a fan has said that...

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            Maybe the first time a fan has said that...
            Ha ha. Have you checked RPIs W-L in the last 20 yrs or so ? (Though we've been on a roll of late!) Ha
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

This could happen with other events...could we see this with the NCAA tournament and Frozen Four?

This is ridiculous. I suspect this is more driven by legal (ie: not wanting to get into litigation if someone does get sick) versus any sound scientific grounding. Research - some of the poorest countries in the world hardly have this stuff. ***!

I know NY declared some sort of emergency (more political me thinks),but come on Americans ! What are we trying to do? Get that trade deal with China this way? What’s behind the smoke! We are sheep.

Crazy times.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                This is ridiculous. I suspect this is more driven by legal (ie: not wanting to get into litigation if someone does get sick) versus any sound scientific grounding. Research - some of the poorest countries in the world hardly have this stuff. ***!

I know NY declared some sort of emergency (more political me thinks),but come on Americans ! What are we trying to do? Get that trade deal with China this way? What’s behind the smoke! We are sheep.

Crazy times.
                This is hardly unique to New York, or the United States. Other countries have already taken this step, and gone further. While politics has invaded almost every aspect of our lives, I still believe decisions like this are based on science not politics.

Comment

Re: Covid 19

This is hardly unique to New York, or the United States. Other countries have already taken this step, and gone further. While politics has invaded almost every aspect of our lives, I still believe decisions like this are based on science not politics.
                  100% this.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Knowing the NCAA, we wouldn't even get a refund for our frozen four tickets if they did this.

Comment

It appears this policy is also in effect at the Minnesota-Notre Dame game at Mariucci.

Comment

I kinda doubt this is a scientific decision other than "possible bad PR if somebody infected went to the game".
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          I kinda doubt this is a scientific decision other than "possible bad PR if somebody infected went to the game".
                          There are two cases in the Albany area. Despite what Fearless Leader says, this is not a hoax. There is no cure and even for people who contract it and survive the damage it causes is irreversible. And just because you catch it once and survive doesn't mean you can't catch it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                            Keep in mind that an RPI student died a few weeks ago from the flu (not coronavirus). Given that tragedy, and the growing concerns expressed by clinicians in the U.S. about COVID-19, I can understand why the RPI administration felt compelled to act.

Comment

Amherst women’s hoops followed Hopkins lead also
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

There are two cases in the Albany area. Despite what Fearless Leader says, this is not a hoax. There is no cure and even for people who contract it and survive the damage it causes is irreversible. And just because you catch it once and survive doesn't mean you can't catch it again.
                                Oh, you think I'm taking my advice from trump. How nice. While the god emperor has done many wondrous things and exceeded my expectations I can assure you I don't listen to him on day to day stuff. Heck, I don't listen to him about much of anything.

I've probably been on the shut down the flights and quarantine/disinfect shipping trade for awhile. I am very upset that the CDC and the rest seemed under-prepared to scale up to meet the challenge of a biological emergency. There are tough and rational things that can be done now, but i don't think we're at the "closed door match" stage here. Certainly in some parts of Italy.

If we go by this logic we should also shut down the supermarkets right now. Tons of people pass through there every day and touch all kinds of stuff. Dorms should be abandoned and so on. Yes, I think there is a degree of over-reaction. I think earlier there was a degree of under-reaction.

There is acting prudent, versus acting scared. I have no doubt I will be sent home from work, along with my coworkers, because of this over the next few weeks because somebody at work catches it. It will happen, I am prepared, a few weeks on soft-quarantine will happen. That being said, I still think that depopulating the arenas is not a needed procedure at this point. If we have evidence the person went to the arena then my opinion changes.
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X