X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covid 19

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    But then why should some programs' seniors get another extra year and not others? Sticking to Hockey East because it's what I know, why should Mitch Fossier at Maine get another year and Lekkas at UVM not? That dosent sound fair to me, either they should both get the year or they both dont. That's why I don't think winter sports will get it.
    I agree. No way winter sports will get a waiver. They played this year. Missing a few playoff games does not equate to missing a year of eligibility.

Now, Spring sports is a different story. They should be allowed to get a waiver.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      How don't you get the difference there? Vermont was already eliminated. Season was over. If the argument is there's simply too many seniors to accommodate who were still playing at the time, ok. Ultimately that's probably how this ends anyway. Sucks for all these kids though.
      For all we know, Fossier's season could have only been two games longer than he played. Some seniors on the Gophers could have had only one more game in their careers. You want to give them an entire extra year because of that? Even David Cotton and other seniors on the Eagles had a maximum of 9 games left in their collegiate careers, and it probably would have been less than that. That's less than 1/3 of the season. You want to award them all another entire year while telling seniors who's teams missed the playoffs or got out early to buzz off?

Comment

I havent started working on this yet, but has anyone had experience with changing flight plans in the near future? I have a leg down to Florida in early April and back again in mid April with JetBlue. I really want to change the starting and return airport and change departure day and arrival home to a day later. Yeah, yeah I know call JetBlue....I am, just wondering what other's experiences may have been if any.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Trumpies are generally severely uneducated xenophobes, or rich people loving the tax breaks.

Strange brew.
          It's so great that liberals don't stereotype... oh wait...
          Can't we all just get along?
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
            It's so great that liberals don't stereotype... oh wait...
            LOL I also love how all us liberals hang out in Starbucks. I hate coffee!
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Trumpies are generally severely uneducated xenophobes, or rich people loving the tax breaks.

Strange brew.
              You forgot to add in the smelly Walmartians!
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

I went food shopping last night in a VERY affluent town. When I walked into the store there wasn't ONE shopping cart OR basket available. People were wheeling out two or three carts packed to the gunnels with "supplies." These are the same people who said Trump wasn't taking things "seriously" when he told people not to panic. So the elitists who have admonished us not to "hoard supplies" and practice "social responsibility" are now raiding the stores and stocking up for themselves. Someone called one of the Boston talk shows last night and said, "What is going on? I thought there was a blizzard coming or something. Why is everyone panicking?" Gee, maybe because you have CAUSED THE HYSTERIA??? We're all supposed to remain calm and practice "social responsibility," share with our neighbors and sing kumbaya, until, of course, YOU suddenly go without something. Then all that goes out the window and it's every person for himself/herself. So why don't you just put a sock in it and stop with the hypocrisy?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  I went food shopping last night in a VERY affluent town. When I walked into the store there wasn't ONE shopping cart OR basket available. People were wheeling out two or three carts packed to the gunnels with "supplies." These are the same people who said Trump wasn't taking things "seriously" when he told people not to panic. So the elitists who have admonished us not to "hoard supplies" and practice "social responsibility" are now raiding the stores and stocking up for themselves. Someone called one of the Boston talk shows last night and said, "What is going on? I thought there was a blizzard coming or something. Why is everyone panicking?" Gee, maybe because you have CAUSED THE HYSTERIA??? We're all supposed to remain calm and practice "social responsibility," share with our neighbors and sing kumbaya, until, of course, YOU suddenly go without something. Then all that goes out the window and it's every person for himself/herself. So why don't you just put a sock in it and stop with the hypocrisy?
                  Brilliant. Couldn't have said it better, chickod.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Or we warned you this was coming, you did nothing, and now you’re blaming us.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Or we warned you this was coming, you did nothing, and now you’re blaming us.
                      But we DIDN'T "do nothing." This has been an incredible mobilization of the resources of this country to put in place the infrastructure to defeat this problem. And if you want to criticize that then you're just looking through blue colored glasses. Unfortunately, many will still be critical because of partisanship. So let's stop the hysteria and fear mongering and start working together.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        But we DIDN'T "do nothing." This has been an incredible mobilization of the resources of this country to put in place the infrastructure to defeat this problem. And if you want to criticize that then you're just looking through blue colored glasses. Unfortunately, many will still be critical because of partisanship. So let's stop the hysteria and fear mongering and start working together.
                        We wouldnt need to have such an "incredible mobilization" if he admitted he had a problem from the start.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I know it's not funny but I laughed at "it's one person from China"

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            We wouldnt need to have such an "incredible mobilization" if he admitted he had a problem from the start.
                            Yeah, the idea that this was handled with even a minimal amount of competence from this administration is completely off base and frankly laughable. The amount of tests administered per capita is laughably low in comparison to other countries that don't have anywhere near the wealth/means of the US, and even in today's speech he scoffed at the idea that anybody who is feeling symptoms should get tested.

The US had plenty of warning, and Trump sat there fiddling instead of preparing for the inevitability of the virus reaching our shores.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              As someone who has a brother working with the State of Washington task force, I can assure you the Federal government's response and mobilization has been an unmitigated disaster.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

NCAA to discuss granting athletes eligibility relief http://www.espn.com/college-sports/s...ibility-relief
                                via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

Nothing might come of this, but a discussion on the winter sports is at least on the table.

Comment

Working...
                                X