This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid 19

Good time to ask. Is the coronavirus outbreak causing any of you to stay home when you would normally attend a game tonight/this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Good time to ask. Is the coronavirus outbreak causing any of you to stay home when you would normally attend a game tonight/this weekend?
      Heck no.
      Just practice common sense hygiene and don’t take this (media) circus too seriously!
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

No, but it's getting me some great deal on airfare with everyone freaking out!

Comment

No, but we'll be at basketball rather than hockey, after the bball is over we'll go over to the rink to catch the end of the hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            Heck no.
            Just practice common sense hygiene and don’t take this (media) circus too seriously!
            +1

Comment

A couple of guys didn't take their gloves off shaking hands after men's league the other night, thought it was a little overkill. After some of the nasty locker rooms over the years, if I'm not dead from a viral infection already, I think I'm good.

Comment

No, but just to be on the safe side we're going to skip our usual pre-game meal of Lake Tung Ting shrimp.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbowing View Post
                  A couple of guys didn't take their gloves off shaking hands after men's league the other night, thought it was a little overkill. After some of the nasty locker rooms over the years, if I'm not dead from a viral infection already, I think I'm good.
                  USA hockey and Hockey Canada have both advised that gloves stay on for fist bump rather than hand shakes:
                  https://www.usahockey.com/playersafety

I do wonder how long Coronavirus could live inside a hockey glove... But yes absolutely those locker rooms are going to get you sick anyway if it's in there.
                  Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-06-2020, 03:05 PM.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                    Why then will this weekend's games be played with fans in attendance? Why aren't NHL and NBA games being played in empty arenas?
                    Interesting... Local officials asked the Sharks to cancel their game, they said, "nah"
                    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-they-refused/
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbowing View Post
                      Emily Kaplan of ESPN made a similar comment about how disgusting NHL locker rooms and equipment are. COVID-19 is the least of their worries...
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

The Johns Hopkins D-3 Basketball Regional is being played with no fans this weekend.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronav...klm-story.html
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Yes. Wedding in a week. Ain't no way I'm risking it.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            Heck no.
                            You're insane
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

it looks a lot worse than I thought. I recommend people home for four weeks...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                it looks a lot worse than I thought. I recommend people home for four weeks...
                                By the way Latin root for quarantine means four score of ten days.

Comment

Working...
                                X