X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid 19

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Yes. Wedding in a week. Ain't no way I'm risking it.
    Most especially if it's your's.

Comment

It is!
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Most especially if it's your's.

We know

Comment

You're insane
          Yes he is, but at the same time he is trying.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            ...Just practice common sense hygiene and don’t take this (media) circus too seriously!
            Not trying to be irrationally dismissive of what's happening but I do think the constant stream of "the world is ending" headlines is feeding irrational fears. Yes, people are getting sick and yes, the virus spreads insidiously and covertly. But the infection rate is actually quite low and the fatality rate even lower, claiming primarily the frail elderly and others with existing respiratory diseases. We have had strains of flu and viruses in my memory that were far more deadly to far more people.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

There's really only so much you can do. You still gotta live your life. With some people not getting severe symptoms and cases going undetected the real "fear" should be with the elderly/people with other health issues (from what I have read anyeay).

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                Not trying to be irrationally dismissive of what's happening but I do think the constant stream of "the world is ending" headlines is feeding irrational fears. Yes, people are getting sick and yes, the virus spreads insidiously and covertly. But the infection rate is actually quite low and the fatality rate even lower, claiming primarily the frail elderly and others with existing respiratory diseases. We have had strains of flu and viruses in my memory that were far more deadly to far more people.
                Name one stain of the flu more deadly. Swine? 0.02-0.2%%. Spanish? Likely around 2%. What about otherviruses? MERS? Never spread. SARS? Also didn’t spread as much. This disease is as deadly as the last great pandemic and spreads just as efficiently. This is something we can and should take seriously.

I saw it best the other day, maybe when it comes to exponential functions, you err on the side of caution.

Oh, and next time you see an elderly person, tell them not to worry, they only have to not roll a 6 on a die and they get to live. Ditto with people like myself who have asthma. Jesus you’re a cold *******.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

...Oh, and next time you see an elderly person, tell them not to worry, they only have to not roll a 6 on a die and they get to live...
                  I AM an elderly person!
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    Absolutely. In the case of Albany, NY - which is hosting regionals for both hoop and hockey this year - the arena is owned and operated by the county, so they will definitely have a say in the decisions, should local cases emerge. Given that the county is largely broke, I'm sure they'll take every opportunity to see to it that the events go on as planned.
                    Absolutely!

Comment

Name one stain of the flu more deadly. Swine? 0.02-0.2%%. Spanish? Likely around 2%. What about otherviruses? MERS? Never spread. SARS? Also didn’t spread as much. This disease is as deadly as the last great pandemic and spreads just as efficiently. This is something we can and should take seriously.

I saw it best the other day, maybe when it comes to exponential functions, you err on the side of caution.

Oh, and next time you see an elderly person, tell them not to worry, they only have to not roll a 6 on a die and they get to live. Ditto with people like myself who have asthma. Jesus you’re a cold *******.
                      Depending on what you choose to believe, the Spanish flu's mortality-rate was up to to 20% of reported cases. Anecdotally, one could be symptomatic at breakfast and die before dinner.

This one doesn't look as bad, thankfully, and the diagnostics are light-years better now than they were in 1918.

Still, we need to work as quickly as possible as we can on a vaccine, despite our assurances from Dr. Trump. The Spanish flu took the summer off, then came back with a vengeance once the winter returned.
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-07-2020, 11:28 PM.

Comment

What source are you using for Spanish flu CFR?

A vaccine is 18 months away. 30-60% of America will have been infected by fall unless we take fairly drastic measures now.

Italy is quarantining 18 million. China quarantined over 50 million. Switzerland and other parts of Europe have banned public gatherings over 1,000-5,000 people. This isn’t a joke.
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          I AM an elderly person!
                          You heard him. Roll a d6 and if you fail roll 2d20 for damage and subtract your constitution from that roll

---

I am actually somewhat optimistic due to the travel of the virus geographically. I think infections are already far more prevalent and thus the likely death rates are lower.

This is just a suspicion. We need more data. We need more testing. I could be wrong
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

UMaine is on spring break, other hockey schools probably are also. What happens when students come back should be interesting. May not be much hockey played after students get back.????
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

RPI will play their ECAC playoff games without crowds:

https://rpiathletics.com/news/2020/3...protocols.aspx

This could happen with other events...could we see this with the NCAA tournament and Frozen Four?
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

A women’s event in Truro and Halifax is cancelled...

https://***********/iihfhockey/status/1236366604952371203?s=21
                                Last edited by BlackI; 03-08-2020, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X