This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covid 19

Hey lewsp1 what do you teach? Great info you have shared! 40 year Health/PE teacher here.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Just waiting for the College Hockey season to be cancelled. It's coming...

It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        Just waiting for the College Hockey season to be cancelled. It's coming...

Just have to award the championship by Pairwise ranking.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          The Australian Grand Prix is still scheduled but one of the teams backed out this morning when one of them tested positive for the virus. I'd expect that to be canceled as well.
          Holy cow. Here I was looking forward to some sports entertainment since everything else was being cancelled. Read that five members of the F1 paddock tested positive. One on McLaren (who is the team which withdrew), two on Haas, and no word on the other two.

Yeah, no way this race goes on. In fact, the F1 season probably won't start till the Netherlands event ... if they are lucky.

Hope you have Netflix or Disney+ because live sports, music and movies are done for the foreseeable future
          I said somewhere (I lost track of these threads) to buy stock in Netflix and the like. Because they will be the only entertainment, especially for people stuck at home.
          Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 03-12-2020, 09:37 AM.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
            Oh My!!! Stock Market this a.m.
            My company's stock went from 230 a couple of weeks ago to 176 now.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              I said somewhere (I lost track of these threads) to buy stock in Netflix and the like. Because they will be the only entertainment, especially for people stuck at home.
              Good news: Disney is at a 5 year low (just weeks after hitting the all-time high)

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                Thanks, I’ll read this later. I think population density alone in S Korea warrants testing. I don’t think we could logistically swab relatively comparable numbers of US residents.
                Population density alone cannot account for a testing disparity of 111:1. Being ready, willing and able starting at the very top on down - on multiple fronts - is the larger culprit.

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                3) Some experts are saying we're months out from a viable vaccine. But with the President's address last night (whether you like him or not), he's claiming a lot of the red tape will be going away concerning research and developing a vaccine. That could be a positive thing and help get something out sooner rather than later.
                The AP did some fact-checking on POTUS's speech and it was not good. Given how many falsehoods he's provided already I remain skeptical there's a magical "red tape remover" to reduce the estimated time frame from 12-18 months to something significantly lower. I will be more than pleased however to be proven wrong on that.

Comment

Totally agree on the travel ban from Europe...but someone tell me why not the UK? I think I already know the answer, but curious if there's any SCIENTIFIC reason why they are excluded from this ban. They have quite a few confirmed cases? Still, what stops someone from travelling from another part of Europe, to the UK, and fly out from there that could be infected? Despite all of this, the virus is already here. Saw a story last night on the 14 Americans who went on a ski trip to Italy...all 14 tested positive. While a 'small sample' man, that's wild...

Comment

Someone believes what that guy says? Anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Saw a story last night on the 14 Americans who went on a ski trip to Italy...all 14 tested positive. While a 'small sample' man, that's wild...
                      Link?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Population density alone cannot account for a testing disparity of 111:1. Being ready, willing and able starting at the very top on down - on multiple fronts - is the larger culprit.

The AP did some fact-checking on POTUS's speech and it was not good. Given how many falsehoods he's provided already I remain skeptical there's a magical "red tape remover" to reduce the estimated time frame from 12-18 months to something significantly lower. I will be more than pleased however to be proven wrong on that.
                        This alone (delay in testing the population) is going to be one of the biggest reasons why this will turn out to be why we are already behind the 8 ball with this health crisis. Just my .02. Going way back to the HIV crisis, getting a viable test was very difficult and it took almost 3 to 4 years into the epidemic for that to happen due to many reasons (science can only move so fast, government indifference was a factor which can't be denied, the blood banks balked which led to many infections, particularly to the hemophiliac population). Fortunately we learned that lesson (the hard way) and the test for the virus is available. Saw today on Twitter 'drive up' testing sites in parts of the country. The only way you even try to get ahead of this is in testing, and, social distancing, which we are seeing in many facets of life, particularly with schools, colleges, professional sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                          Some good info and links being posted. Good job people.
                          https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I work for a large company and idk why we are not all WFH yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                              Link?
                              This was erroneously reported as Americans...turns out they were from the UK. I looked all over the place for something to verify this. I heard this watching the news late last night, but this morning, this is all I can find about it?

https://www.newslocker.com/en-uk/new...h-coronavirus/

Comment

Posts in this thread are being reported for being too political, so please refrain from pointing out what an incompetent, lying, egotistical buffoon we have in the Oval Office.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Comment

Working...
                                X