This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covid 19

Talk show host Andy Cohen tested positive for the virus today.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      At this point I'm just going to assume it's a parody account.
      Probably a good idea.
      You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Harbinger of doom here, but, she knows her stuff: (need to learn to post pics like you cool kids do )
        Last edited by board; 03-20-2020, 07:44 PM. Reason: Embedded tweet
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Les: Thanks for the clarifying statistics. These are probably the best we can use for the time being. But, none of these may stand the test of time as we start to see the results of more widespread testing. All the mortality and morbidity rates are using the number of people who test positive as the denominator and we just have no idea as yet what that number may well turn out to be. i expect we may find that these percentages go down sharply once we see how many in our general population test positive and have little or no symptoms or have fully recovered from what they might have felt was a head cold and cough or an attack of tree pollen allergy. This is not to diminish the seriousness of what is happening. This is one side of the coin.
          The other side, and perhaps more ominous to even think about, is what happens down the road, months from now, perhaps a year from now with this virus. One scenario could be it disappears quickly with the warm humid weather, or with some treatment that we devise for it. Another scenario is that is disappears and then reappears again when the summer ends and regular influenza and other virus seasons start up again. Personally, if pushed hard, I think we are going to see some sort of peak incidence fairly soon. Then, as the country and the world comes back to a more normal state, everyone resting on their laurels and congratulating each other for a job well done, we find that we have entered into a period of time where we find that we might have to just deal with this bugger forever (sort of like the flu) and have to devise new and different vaccines and/or medications every so often just to maintain whatever control we can exercise. After all, how many viral diseases to we ever really conquer totally (eradicate)?? This should be a wake up call and i fear that it may not be. We may be just scratching the surface of infectivity and contagion now that we live in a world of air lines that can get anyone with any disease anywhere in the world in a few hours. To quote a famous movie line from the movie THEM! (And I paraphrase a bit) "We may be at the end of the beginning of what could turn out to be the beginning of the end for us."
          agree with all. This belongs in the reasonable thread.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Harbinger of doom here, but, she knows her stuff: (need to learn to post pics like you cool kids do )
            To embed a tweet, click on the little down arrow in the upper right corner and choose "Embed Tweet"
            That should open a second window and you just click the "copy code" button and it will be on your clipboard
            Then just paste it here.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              agree with all. This belongs in the reasonable thread.
              Thank you - now please tell my wife! Just kidding, if she sees this post i am a dead man regardless of whether i test positive for this thing or not!
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Trump approval way up!

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...-up-this-week/
                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

To embed a tweet, click on the little down arrow in the upper right corner and choose "Embed Tweet"
                  That should open a second window and you just click the "copy code" button and it will be on your clipboard
                  Then just paste it here.
                  Hey thanks! I'll try not to over do... Just makes for a better post. Oh, and way to go winning the HE semis tonight...going to the Gahhhdennnn
                  EDIT: I meant the SHIPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-21-2020, 07:50 AM.
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Then just paste it here.
                    Interesting post - I have been following a slightly different set of statistics. i have been watching the positive tests per 1 million population for each country and a second set of deaths per 1 million population for each country. i find this, for now, the most informative. There is an obvious caveat however. Suppose a man dies of heart attack or a cerebral bleed at age 88, and we find incidentally that that he was corona virus tested positive. Should he be included as a death from Corona Virus or not?? Serious question since so many of the deaths that occur are in very elderly, otherwise ill, people (a large majority being men and not women except for South Korea). As a physician I would like to know a little bit more of a breakdown and be sure that the deaths are indeed CAUSED by Covid-19 and not just occurring in patients who just happen to have a positive blood test.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                      We heard you the first time.

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                      Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Maybe he has the child vote locked down, which would be appropriate.

Comment

Hey thanks! I'll try not to over do... Just makes for a better post. Oh, and way to go winning the HE semis tonight...going to the Gahhhdennnn
                        Thanks! Party at The Four's!

And don't worry about overdoing. No one else does!

(Self included)

Comment

Thanks! Party at The Four's!

And don't worry about overdoing. No one else does!

(Self included)
                          Is The Fours anything like the Worthern in Lowell? Me and a good friend pre-gamed there the last time UNH was in a qtr with them. Interesting place to be sure! We had a blast..
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Thank you - now please tell my wife! Just kidding, if she sees this post i am a dead man regardless of whether i test positive for this thing or not!
                            Interesting post - I have been following a slightly different set of statistics. i have been watching the positive tests per 1 million population for each country and a second set of deaths per 1 million population for each country. i find this, for now, the most informative. There is an obvious caveat however. Suppose a man dies of heart attack or a cerebral bleed at age 88, and we find incidentally that that he was corona virus tested positive. Should he be included as a death from Corona Virus or not?? Serious question since so many of the deaths that occur are in very elderly, otherwise ill, people (a large majority being men and not women except for South Korea). As a physician I would like to know a little bit more of a breakdown and be sure that the deaths are indeed CAUSED by Covid-19 and not just occurring in patients who just happen to have a positive blood test.
                            Fascinating questions. Won't tell your wife. This is something that you should post in the other thread. There are numbers geeks in there that do this stuff for a living

Comment

Is The Fours anything like the Worthern in Lowell? Me and a good friend pre-gamed there the last time UNH was in a qtr with them. Interesting place to be sure! We had a blast..
                              Haven't been there. I think it was Boston Beer Works where we pregamed back in '13

Comment

Many, if not most Korean men smoke. The women do not. This might be a factor?
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X