X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covid 19

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    If expressing disappointment helps you, if you think it is normal and expected, go ahead. But, please know, a good attitude is vital in maintaining health.
    You probably think one can pray the gay away.

Also expressing disappointment doesn't mean I don't have an overall good attitude. I'm simply saying grow up and face the reality of the situation instead of hiding one's head in the sand. For eff sake you have churchgoes in AR talking about licking the floor, and one MAGA licking the lid in the toilet of plane. So having a "good attitude" (as in acting like thing is happening) can have dangerous results.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      You probably think one can pray the gay away.

Also expressing disappointment doesn't mean I don't have an overall good attitude. I'm simply saying grow up and face the reality of the situation instead of hiding one's head in the sand. For eff sake you have churchgoes in AR talking about licking the floor, and one MAGA licking the lid in the toilet of plane. So having a "good attitude" (as in acting like thing is happening) can have dangerous results.
      What does "pray the gay away" mean? Like you can change sexual orientation by praying? Why in the hell would I want to do that? I've had gay friends since high school. I would not want to change any of them!
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        Yes, les, you are strident. You are have been an early adopter of panic mode. You spread some untruths. You blame and name call. None of this is helpful, least of all to yourself, to have such a negative attitude. Negativity affects health big time. Have you ever studied yoga, meditation or Ayurveda? It might help with your pessimism and help you to chill.

P.S. - I'm not a Republican. I'm a registered Democrat. I'm also a classical liberal.
        I don't know anyone who claims to be liberal who voted for McCain-Palin.

Comment

Interesting dates on the CDC hiring (Open Period). Preplanning or conspiracy?

Comment

It’s coming.
            Over the next few days, you are going to think you are living in a Sci-fi movie as the government switches from “belaying” fears to “increasing” them. The political debate will quickly evolve this week turning into a survival debate.
            It’s coming.
            $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
            Just win.....

Comment

Yes, les, you are strident. You are have been an early adopter of panic mode. You spread some untruths. You blame and name call. None of this is helpful, least of all to yourself, to have such a negative attitude. Negativity affects health big time. Have you ever studied yoga, meditation or Ayurveda? It might help with your pessimism and help you to chill.

P.S. - I'm not a Republican. I'm a registered Democrat. I'm also a classical liberal.
              Dope.
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

We shouldn't worry. It adds stress, which is bad for the immune system. We will have a vaccine. We have meds. And it will go away. All plagues do. If we can conquer AIDS we can conquer this.

So sad to see the glee about fellow citizens dying, just because they don't agree with your political agenda. I'd hate to be a Republican or Trump supporter being treated by you. I've said it before ... the blame game, name calling and vitriol need to stop and we need to pull together and take care of each other. We can get through this if we all co-operate!
                Dope.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Attitudes such as the “live free or die” mantra contributed to what will come down next.
                  I’ll gladly revisit my thoughts come the end of the week., and HOPE I’m wrong.
                  $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                  Just win.....

Comment

Not gonna get involved in the bickering. Having been a career Fire Chief, you quickly learn in these types of situations to garner the facts and act in a manner to keep everyone as safe as possible. FWIW, the numbers are increasing and it seems like they will continue to increase into the foreseeable future. I wake up every morning and check the following webpage from ARCGIS, it gives a very real time report and map of just how global this thing has become. Until the numbers start going backwards, I will continue to protect in place and reduce my families risk. Unfortunately in my area, caregivers in hospitals are now starting to become victims. https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                      Attitudes such as the “live free or die” mantra contributed to what will come down next.
                      I’ll gladly revisit my thoughts come the end of the week., and HOPE I’m wrong.
                      I should add, Dear Leaders true allegiances will come out now. If he has lost the $$$’s in the financial markets and economy that were his tool for reelection he will stop downplaying and quickly shut this country down.
                      Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        Not gonna get involved in the bickering. Having been a career Fire Chief, you quickly learn in these types of situations to garner the facts and act in a manner to keep everyone as safe as possible. FWIW, the numbers are increasing and it seems like they will continue to increase into the foreseeable future. I wake up every morning and check the following webpage from ARCGIS, it gives a very real time report and map of just how global this thing has become. Until the numbers start going backwards, I will continue to protect in place and reduce my families risk. Unfortunately in my area, caregivers in hospitals are now starting to become victims. https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6
                        Thanks for your thoughtful post LT. Agreed, engaging in a "political rock fight" is not expedient.

As neuropsychology professor, I've been researching COVID-19 viral RNA, and the synthesis of the polyprotein that produces the transcription signal sequence binding the CoV-19 to membrane receptors which are particularly vulnerable in lung tissue. The transcription works through the replication-transcription complex (RCT) organized in double-membrane vesicles and via the synthesis of subgenomic RNA coding sequences and then enters the body primarily through the respiratory system.

In other words, this thing is wicked man. It's like the virus has a "secret code" or counterfeit key that can unlock ion channels and then rapidly replicate in the intercellular space. This is an incredibly difficult transcription code to crack because it is atypical of previous CoV viral genome sequences. The most efficient antiviral compound IMO is one that "jams" the signal sequence and thus prevents it from replicating. That will take time to construct.

Most likely, a devastating spike in cases will hit the US very soon through community transmission. Stay safe and stay vigilant.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                          Thanks for your thoughtful post LT. Agreed, engaging in a "political rock fight" is not expedient.

As neuropsychology professor, I've been researching COVID-19 viral RNA, and the synthesis of the polyprotein that produces the transcription signal sequence binding the CoV-19 to membrane receptors which are particularly vulnerable in lung tissue. The transcription works through the replication-transcription complex (RCT) organized in double-membrane vesicles and via the synthesis of subgenomic RNA coding sequences and then enters the body primarily through the respiratory system.

In other words, this thing is wicked man. It's like the virus has a "secret code" or counterfeit key that can unlock ion channels and then rapidly replicate in the intercellular space. This is an incredibly difficult transcript ion code to crack because it is atypical of previous CoV viral genome sequences. The most efficient antiviral compound IMO is one that "jams" the signal sequence and thus prevents it from replicating. That will take time to construct.

Most likely, a devastating spike in cases will hit the US very soon through community transmission. Stay safe and stay vigilant.
                          Thank you for an intellectual post. My daughter is a RN at a large hospital nearby, and she keeps stressing its the potential of this virus is what has them worried. Their frequent daily internal briefings are "darker" each day.........
                          Just win.....

Comment

In other words, this thing is wicked man. It's like the virus has a "secret code" or counterfeit key that can unlock ion channels and then rapidly replicate in the intercellular space. This is an incredibly difficult transcription code to crack because it is atypical of previous CoV viral genome sequences. The most efficient antiviral compound IMO is one that "jams" the signal sequence and thus prevents it from replicating. That will take time to construct.

This was a wonderful post. There is a more sane thread on the other side where this would be most appropriate.

Comment

Thank you for your research and your work in trying to stop this virus. I thought two hurricanes hitting my City in two years was the worst that I would have to endure. This is a whole different ballgame. Stay safe.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Finally caught up on this thread. Learned a lot about the virus from SteveO and that chickod is a complete moron.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X