This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid 19

Low dosage of vitamins d helps cut down respatory infection by fifty percent. Ten to twenty micrograms per day.

Re: Covid 19

I am not a pharmasuetical rep. But want healthy.

Comment

https://youtu.be/gmqgGwT6bw0

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        Low dosage of vitamins d helps cut down respatory infection by fifty percent. Ten to twenty micrograms per day.
        Because we always take medical advice from a drunken troll.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          Because we always take medical advice from a drunken troll.
          My second go-to is an Orange Turd.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

But while we're on the subject....is the NCAA going to make a statement soon about the tournament? I heard something somewhere (accurate, I know!) that they were thinking of playing the Final Four with no fans. Assuming they're also looking into the Frozen Four. And the Regionals. But no one goes to those these days so that might not be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              this is actually true. good advice BlackI
              ..er drunk or not.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                But while we're on the subject....is the NCAA going to make a statement soon about the tournament? I heard something somewhere (accurate, I know!) that they were thinking of playing the Final Four with no fans. Assuming they're also looking into the Frozen Four. And the Regionals. But no one goes to those these days so that might not be an issue.
                An NCCA Hockey Regional is the safest place to be! *rim shot*.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Here is the statement the NCAA put out Tuesday regarding what it is doing. Italy has banned all fans from major sporting events until 3 April.

BU and Lowell played a game without fans in 1985 due to a measles outbreak on the BU campus by order of the Massachusetts Department of Health. Then in 1990 there was a measles outbreak on the campus of Maine that impacted Hockeyfest, the combined Hockey East/ECAC championships. Hockey East dropped out and played their semifinals and final on campus sites. The state of Maine's health department placed no restrictions on the BU-Maine game held at Alfond, while, if I recall correctly, Massachusett's only allowed fans over 30 to attend the BC-Maine championship game.

So, besides the NCAA, both local, state and national health officials could get involved in determining whether or not to allow fans to attend.

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Let's assume that the NCAA undertakes the step of conducting the tournament in empty arenas.

Why then will this weekend's games be played with fans in attendance? Why aren't NHL and NBA games being played in empty arenas?

Please understand, that I'm not making any judgement on whether these events should be played in full or empty arenas. But why some events and not others?
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Covfefe

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

So, besides the NCAA, both local, state and national health officials could get involved in determining whether or not to allow fans to attend.

Sean
                        Absolutely. In the case of Albany, NY - which is hosting regionals for both hoop and hockey this year - the arena is owned and operated by the county, so they will definitely have a say in the decisions, should local cases emerge. Given that the county is largely broke, I'm sure they'll take every opportunity to see to it that the events go on as planned.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                          Let's assume that the NCAA undertakes the step of conducting the tournament in empty arenas.

Why then will this weekend's games be played with fans in attendance? Why aren't NHL and NBA games being played in empty arenas?

Please understand, that I'm not making any judgement on whether these events should be played in full or empty arenas. But why some events and not others?
                          Because the Regionals and Frozen Four are NCAA events. It's their call (or possibly the city and arenas where they will be played). Games this weekend are school events. BU could say no one comes to this Saturday's game, like all those years ago when there was a measles outbreak. And it will be up to individual teams and the facilities they play in. I have Opening Day tickets. Will the Red Sox tell everyone to stay home? They could.

Comment

10 maybe 15 years ago they talked about not letting fans into Alfond without proof of Measles vaccine. Never happened though.
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                              Here is the statement the NCAA put out Tuesday regarding what it is doing. Italy has banned all fans from major sporting events until 3 April.

BU and Lowell played a game without fans in 1985 due to a measles outbreak on the BU campus by order of the Massachusetts Department of Health. Then in 1990 there was a measles outbreak on the campus of Maine that impacted Hockeyfest, the combined Hockey East/ECAC championships. Hockey East dropped out and played their semifinals and final on campus sites. The state of Maine's health department placed no restrictions on the BU-Maine game held at Alfond, while, if I recall correctly, Massachusett's only allowed fans over 30 to attend the BC-Maine championship game.

Sean
                              A Colby-Bowdoin game was once played without fans. But that's because that extreme rivalry got so bad, they were so concerned that particular year a European soccer game was going to break out at a college hockey game, they banned the fans from the game -- only proven family members were allowed to attend.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                              X