X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covid 19

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    The degree of name calling and hatred emanating from one side of this discussion is pretty much shocking
    Isn't that the truth?

The virus threads and the political threads on this website have nothing to do with discussions, facts, debate or helpful info. It's all about the flame throw. Once you know that it's easier to take, although I still discount any post that has hate speech in it. If you can't talk about a topic civilly, it general means you don't know what you are talking about.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I am very familiar with that speech. Everyone hangs on the fear line but ignores the rest of his inauguration speech..
      A speech trump could never make.
      $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
      Just win.....

Comment

I should add, fear is a good reaction . Panic is the bad reaction.
        $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
        Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          See, this is the disconnect. Many of us who support Trump understand he's a big blowhard who exaggerates stuff, and yes, a lot of it comes off as boastful. We can debate the frequency, no worries … we get it. He's been selling stuff all of his life, that's how you can do business sometimes. Personal style, what works for him isn't what works for someone else, and vice versa. I think I can speak for most of his supporters, in saying that we don't always take what he says literally. There is a filter, call it a "blowhard" filter, and some of us understand, we've encountered this elsewhere in real life. You cut through the noise, and eventually you get to the message. President Trump sold us on his message. I'll be honest, I think I was like many folks of my ilk who heard all the noise, and rolled our eyes initially. But over time, his message came through, and way more often than not, it wasn't anything resembling the "weathervane thinking" (or wetting one's index finger, holding it up to the wind, which way is it blowing?) we get from most politicians. That was refreshing, and it carried him some way through the 2016 process. It got him the nomination.

He was fortunate to come up against a very dislikable opposition candidate in the general election. But after he won, we got to see if he was going to walk the walk, after all the noise. And for most of us, despite the unprecedented "Resistance" he's had to face since literally 20 minutes after his inauguration, he's gone ahead and done as much as he's been allowed to do. If you told me 3+ years ago this is how it was going to turn out, I'd have been pleasantly surprised.

Which brings us to now. I think I saw an ABC poll the other day that showed the President had a 55% approval rating for how he's handling the current situation. If you read what I've been posting in any sense of depth, you know I'm not on board with some of what's been done on his watch. But he brings these doctors up on stage, lets them talk, and if some of his comments are trying to bring a ray of hope to those who are suffering and hoping for signs of a return to normalcy, then sure, he's guilty of cheerleading.
          Thank you for this post Chuck! This is the second time in four years I’ve heard a Trump voter “admit” that he’s only human and not some kind of holy diety (as he says of himself, “I’ve never made a mistake!” I understand where you’re coming from.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Chuck..that's great you can look past his blow hard stuff..but I am still waiting for you or one of his supporters to deal with his hoax comment. How do you explain that away? But you haven't except to say well it's just the way he is...? I guess I will drop that since that's not going to be answered here.

Also...I'm sorry but I have an issue with the "enemy of the people" media bashing. Yes...there's lots of crappy media (to use his phrase "on both sides"). I guess having a daughter and brother who are journalists kind of fuels that opinion for me. Sorry...he pits people against each other and I cant just rationalize that fact away. I guess it's easier to do that when the majority of what he says and does, fits one's narrative (which, is true for no matter who it is, even....for those who supported dare I say, former President Obama ) It's human to do that. BTW...I really didn't support him lock, stock and barrel on everything, as I have already stated FWIW dept. Gee, he wasn't perfect either was he? And by gosh, he got NO SLACK from the Mitch Mc's out there, no more than the Chuck Schmur gang do Trump. Goes with the territory. Get used to it.)

To be fair, I do give the President credit for coming to terms with this grave situation. I guess I can just look past his grandiose behavior since what he has to say about the situation is of no interest to me. I see what he tweets and that's what he is really feeling. Oh, I know a lot of it is 'red meat' for his base. But those things can't be overlooked, and just passed over. Obviously you can look through it, pass it off 'there goes the President again' but for many of these people? They take what he says as the Gospel truth. The sun rises and sets on what he says at these "rally" thingies and his tweets. His messaging is not to be overlooked; it's what he DOES in this crisis is what matters to me. I do see the wheels turning, but, I can't just overlook the fact that I believe he did not take the warnings seriously enough. I just don't.

So that's my take on it and I do agree he is human just like the rest of us. I dont like everyone either and accept I'm not liked by everyone. Good and bad in all of us. *****ing about him doesnt change the fact that we have a monumental job in front of us. Good luck to all and be well. I will do my best to present the facts of the matter as best I can but my pom pom is not reserved for the President. Be well...

Ps..while I'm sure the vast majority of those who believe the Washington Post is "fake news" this article shares what the WHO thinks about things, and, how NYC is feeling about their current situation:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-latest-news/
            Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-22-2020, 11:51 AM.
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

See, this is the disconnect. Many of us who support Trump understand he's a big blowhard who exaggerates stuff, and yes, a lot of it comes off as boastful. We can debate the frequency, no worries … we get it. He's been selling stuff all of his life, that's how you can do business sometimes. Personal style, what works for him isn't what works for someone else, and vice versa. I think I can speak for most of his supporters, in saying that we don't always take what he says literally. There is a filter, call it a "blowhard" filter, and some of us understand, we've encountered this elsewhere in real life. You cut through the noise, and eventually you get to the message. President Trump sold us on his message. I'll be honest, I think I was like many folks of my ilk who heard all the noise, and rolled our eyes initially. But over time, his message came through, and way more often than not, it wasn't anything resembling the "weathervane thinking" (or wetting one's index finger, holding it up to the wind, which way is it blowing?) we get from most politicians. That was refreshing, and it carried him some way through the 2016 process. It got him the nomination.

He was fortunate to come up against a very dislikable opposition candidate in the general election. But after he won, we got to see if he was going to walk the walk, after all the noise. And for most of us, despite the unprecedented "Resistance" he's had to face since literally 20 minutes after his inauguration, he's gone ahead and done as much as he's been allowed to do. If you told me 3+ years ago this is how it was going to turn out, I'd have been pleasantly surprised.

Which brings us to now. I think I saw an ABC poll the other day that showed the President had a 55% approval rating for how he's handling the current situation. If you read what I've been posting in any sense of depth, you know I'm not on board with some of what's been done on his watch. But he brings these doctors up on stage, lets them talk, and if some of his comments are trying to bring a ray of hope to those who are suffering and hoping for signs of a return to normalcy, then sure, he's guilty of cheerleading.

Right now, as a people, we need a few cheerleaders out there.

Once upon a time, in the depths of the Great Depression, our President Franklin D. Roosevelt once forcefully told the American people "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself". FDR had his share of critics (I wasn't there, but you can read as well as I can). But no one came at him for "lying" to the American people, who would mostly continue to suffer through his first two terms. They understood it was a message, and he was being a cheerleader for his - for our - country. A little perspective doesn't hurt.
              +1

Trump is a salesman. A New York salesman at that. He could sell sand to the Chinese as we used to say in the biz! Wait, thats a great idea. Sell the Chinese sand and tell them to go pound it! Worked with many like him over the years since I was a stock broker for 30 years. Of course "stock broker" is an outdated term now. There aren't too many stock jockeys left anymore. The more politically correct term is "Investment Advisor." But I digress.

Trump is not scientist, a professor of gender studies or community activist. He's a salesman and a promoter and that's just what we need right now. Leave the science to Fauci et al and leave the message of hope to Trump. He was built for this moment!
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                The degree of name calling and hatred emanating from one side of this discussion is pretty much shocking
                Go to the cafe if you want to see that, this thread is downright civil in comparison
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                  He was built for this moment!
                  wow
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Go to the cafe if you want to see that, this thread is downright civil in comparison
                    No need to.... this one already has enough of the “my dong is longer than your dong “ in it
                    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      Fun new game ... feel free to play along, but follow to the end, please ...

One of these posts is not like the others
                      One of these things just doesn't belong
                      Can you guess which post is not like the others
                      By the time I finish this song?
                      *******https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...171523********
                      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Senator Rand Paul tests positive (but is asymptomatic) for the coronavirus. Voting against the relief bill is not a good look. But, sending him thoughts and prayers.

Ps...must be nice people of privilege, NBA players, US Senators, etc can just get a test when unless you're dying of it, you can't. Ho hum...
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-22-2020, 01:11 PM.
                        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Senator Rand Paul tests positive (but is asymptomatic) for the coronavirus. Voting against the relief bill is not a good look. But, sending him thoughts and prayers.

Ps...must be nice people of privilege, NBA players, US Senators, etc can just get a test when unless you're dying of it, you can't. Ho hum...
                          Love him or hate him, one has to respect that he has beliefs and stands by them.
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Money still talks, and the NBA is still in bed with the Chinese Communists, as evidenced by the blowback after Morey's comments in September '19. So maybe access to some extra test kits this was a perk to them, in exchange for toeing the line with Beijing?

I know, it sounds crazy … but as you say in the other instance HR, it's not a good look.

I also think the situations with Sen. Burr (R-NC) and Sen. Feinstein (D-CA) on insider trading is appalling. Sen. Loeffler (R-GA) and Sen. Inhofe (R-OK) are also facing questions. Burr and Feinstein seem to have direct day-to-day control over handling of their portfolio (although Feinstein so far seems content with throwing her husband under the bus), while Loeffler and Inhofe claim they had portfolio managers making those decisions for them. Whether you believe her or not, Loeffler at least had the good sense to take the issue head-on in a TV interview with Fox's Tucker Carlson (and you can't say he was lobbing her softballs here, either) ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ube56vaNREc

It's fascinating that so far, those guardians of free speech in the nation's press a/k/a MSM have yet to show any interest in grilling Feinstein or her husband, although the amounts she shifted were the most by far of the 4 senators under scrutiny, and possibly as much alone as those of the other 3 senators combined. In fact, several prominent MSM outlets who've focused their reporting on Burr haven't even mentioned Feinstein's situation. Their seeming overall lack of journalistic curiosity in Feinstein's situation is remarkably similar to their reactions and lack of interest in the Biden family's involvement with Burisma in the Ukraine, and also with the totalitarian Chinese Communist regime.

The overall reporting has gotten so lopsided, it makes President Trump's "enemy of the people" tag retain credible plausibility to folks like me who expect a single-tiered system of justice - not one set of rules if you're an R, and a much more forgiving playing field and set of rules if you're a D. Imagine if a crazed Trump supporter shot Nancy Pelosi in a DC restaurant, just because she was on the "wrong" side? Terrible, right? We agree. But a crazed Bernie supporter shot Steve Scalise on a DC baseball field. No one even ever mentions that anymore. It fell off the news cycle quickly and quietly. Does anyone really think it's the same if it was the other way around? Yeah, right.

It would be shocking (but refreshing) to see someone from the liberal MSM go after someone in the home blues (and mean it) once in awhile. Why doesn't pajama boy whoever Alexander go do some real reporting, and ask DiFi and her husband about her trading activity at around the time Carlson explored with Loeffler (and also rightly castigated Burr)? Go ahead, try it, impress us ...
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Anyone know if those senators, yes on both sides of the aisle, simply moved out of long positions in the market or they had the nerve to short the market? Either way if they had prior knowledge , especially from some upcoming news related story about the Chinese flu they should be hung from their genitalia.
                              Last edited by acs64; 03-22-2020, 03:00 PM.
                              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Money still talks, and the NBA is still in bed with the Chinese Communists, as evidenced by the blowback after Morey's comments in September '19. So maybe access to some extra test kits this was a perk to them, in exchange for toeing the line with Beijing?

I know, it sounds crazy … but as you say in the other instance HR, it's not a good look.

I also think the situations with Sen. Burr (R-NC) and Sen. Feinstein (D-CA) on insider trading is appalling. Sen. Loeffler (R-GA) and Sen. Inhofe (R-OK) are also facing questions. Burr and Feinstein seem to have direct day-to-day control over handling of their portfolio (although Feinstein so far seems content with throwing her husband under the bus), while Loeffler and Inhofe claim they had portfolio managers making those decisions for them. Whether you believe her or not, Loeffler at least had the good sense to take the issue head-on in a TV interview with Fox's Tucker Carlson (and you can't say he was lobbing her softballs here, either) ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ube56vaNREc

It's fascinating that so far, those guardians of free speech in the nation's press a/k/a MSM have yet to show any interest in grilling Feinstein or her husband, although the amounts she shifted were the most by far of the 4 senators under scrutiny, and possibly as much alone as those of the other 3 senators combined. In fact, several prominent MSM outlets who've focused their reporting on Burr haven't even mentioned Feinstein's situation. Their seeming overall lack of journalistic curiosity in Feinstein's situation is remarkably similar to their reactions and lack of interest in the Biden family's involvement with Burisma in the Ukraine, and also with the totalitarian Chinese Communist regime.

The overall reporting has gotten so lopsided, it makes President Trump's "enemy of the people" tag retain credible plausibility to folks like me who expect a single-tiered system of justice - not one set of rules if you're an R, and a much more forgiving playing field and set of rules if you're a D. Imagine if a crazed Trump supporter shot Nancy Pelosi in a DC restaurant, just because she was on the "wrong" side? Terrible, right? We agree. But a crazed Bernie supporter shot Steve Scalise on a DC baseball field. No one even ever mentions that anymore. It fell off the news cycle quickly and quietly. Does anyone really think it's the same if it was the other way around? Yeah, right.

It would be shocking (but refreshing) to see someone from the liberal MSM go after someone in the home blues (and mean it) once in awhile. Why doesn't pajama boy whoever Alexander go do some real reporting, and ask DiFi and her husband about her trading activity at around the time Carlson explored with Loeffler (and also rightly castigated Burr)? Go ahead, try it, impress us ...
                                You almost made it through a post without going over the edge.
                                Just win.....

Comment

Working...
                                X