This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I already said the younger hockey player could carry the virus and pass it on to Gram even by just going to Gram's house to see her. And if you can have the virus without symptoms, where does this end? I guess nobody should even bother going near Gram until told otherwise. Is that correct? I'm just curious where it ends. I am not pretending to know the best answer for that.
    I have already told my parents I would love to visit them but won’t. Because they should be as isolated as possible. I also have been telecommuting and have limited our public exposure.

On a different note hand sanitizer has been wiped off the shelves. Tonight on the news they demonstrated you can make hand sanitizer from isopropyl alcohol and aloe gel. If people are worried about that do a search and it will be demonstrated.

The hope is that everyone can limit public interaction to the minimum, then at least it will pump the brakes on this thing. The hope is that won’t overburden the health care system. Or at least burden the health care system less.

Our nurses and doctors will become firefighters for all intents and purposes. These folks will become our heros.

Comment

• Re: Covid 19

Any word yet on Frozen Four refunds or credits to next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Hockey equipment is a walking germ factory right now. Gram has been exposed to every bug on the planet if she's been following her gkids since Mites
        Um...

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          NESCAC has also canceled spring sports.
          ...and Ivy league as well...heard this from a lacrosse official.
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            I have already told my parents I would love to visit them but won’t. Because they should be as isolated as possible. I also have been telecommuting and have limited our public exposure.

On a different note hand sanitizer has been wiped off the shelves. Tonight on the news they demonstrated you can make hand sanitizer from isopropyl alcohol and aloe gel. If people are worried about that do a search and it will be demonstrated.

The hope is that everyone can limit public interaction to the minimum, then at least it will pump the brakes on this thing. The hope is that won’t overburden the health care system. Or at least burden the health care system less.

Our nurses and doctors will become firefighters for all intents and purposes. These folks will become our heros.
            Not to be a fear monger, but, all of these measure are the best we can possibly hope for, but, in the end, a lot of people...a lot...will get sick despite. But you gotta do what you can. It's so mind boggling that such a tiny creature could wreck such havoc (think Black Plague, etc). Bottom line: keep yourself as healthy as possible, avoid large crowds, hand washing, etc. I've been out of school all week myself. Going to the doctor is like crazy. Everyone in masks (as you'd expect). Signs on the door "We don't test for C-19 here" etc. I coughed in the waiting room and everyone glared at me! This will certainly expose how ill equipped we are for such a problem, but, just how ready can one be. I pray for all esp the elderly and others with compromised health at this time.

Ps...just being over 60 puts one in the 'high risk zone'...that's me, and alot of us I'll bet...
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Worked in medicine for about 3 decades. Now teaching. I wish you luck.
              I wouldn’t have even responded knowing your background here. Kudos for still taking the high road.

Edit: i see a civilized exchange occurred.
              Last edited by MavHockey14; 03-11-2020, 06:23 PM.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                I'm a Gopher fan so this is right up our alley.
                Frankly, the Mavs can’t use the excuse that they had to go “on the road” as a one seed anymore, either.
                AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Not to be a fear monger, but, all of these measure are the best we can possibly hope for, but, in the end, a lot of people...a lot...will get sick despite. But you gotta do what you can. It's so mind boggling that such a tiny creature could wreck such havoc (think Black Plague, etc). Bottom line: keep yourself as healthy as possible, avoid large crowds, hand washing, etc. I've been out of school all week myself. Going to the doctor is like crazy. Everyone in masks (as you'd expect). Signs on the door "We don't test for C-19 here" etc. I coughed in the waiting room and everyone glared at me! This will certainly expose how ill equipped we are for such a problem, but, just how ready can one be. I pray for all esp the elderly and others with compromised health at this time.

Ps...just being over 60 puts one in the 'high risk zone'...that's me, and alot of us I'll bet...
                  Excuse me but this is NOT the black plaque or even close. Getting COVID19 unless you are compromised in your health or much older typically when the immune system starts breaking down is not that big a deal. Until I start hearing that everyday healthy younger people are dying its just like any other virus.

Personal example, West Nile Virus years back was a scaremonger as well. It's been years but still very little is known about it. Most likely MANY of you have it in your system yet you had no reaction OR you got mildly sick, intestinal issues, fever, etc. A small subset of that group gets sepsis, encephalitis and possible long term neurological issues, REGARDLESS of age. Of that group, most often much older people die. I've recently studied this, why? i was part of that group with the sepsis and encephalitis, the sepsis almost killed me. I'm immune from it now but so are many people and NO I do not have a compromised immune system based on the battery of F##### tests they ran on me.

The media is blowing this up and not giving full reports, ie huge headlines deaths from COVID19 in Washington, it was only LATER they mention it was in a nursing home full of the elderly and sick.

You can NOT catch it twice as claimed here, and thats already been discussed by science and how that claim was false.

This is a PANIC

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    Frankly, the Mavs can’t use the excuse that they had to go “on the road” as a one seed anymore, either.
                    They did well against us when we had an empty arena from the blizzard. Hope tDogs aren’t a team that needs crowd noise
                    I wanna go fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                      They did well against us when we had an empty arena from the blizzard. Hope tDogs aren’t a team that needs crowd noise
                      I was there! What a weekend and experience! Thanks for the confidence boost!
                      AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        This is gonna be very, very awkward. I almost don't even care about any of these games without fans being allowed. If you told me the whole season was called off now I might be ok with it. I don't know. Even if on TV I just won't be able to get by people not being there (save the regional jokes).
                        Ultimately, college athletics is about the students competing. Not us.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          It's so mind boggling that such a tiny creature could wreck such havoc (think Black Plague, etc).
                          Nature always wins. Always.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                            The media is blowing this up and not giving full reports, ie huge headlines deaths from COVID19 in Washington, it was only LATER they mention it was in a nursing home full of the elderly and sick.
                            Then maybe the leader of the free fu**ing world should get in front of a microphone and start speaking calmly about this or better yet, let the fu**ing CDC leader speak instead of silencing everyone under a cloak of secrecy and hoping this blows over quickly because his stock market is in a free fall.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                              Excuse me but this is NOT the black plaque or even close.
                              For crying out loud, that's not what he said. He was merely saying how mind boggling it is that such a tiny creature can cause such havoc, and used the Black Plague as an example.

Chill out man.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                                Excuse me but this is NOT the black plaque or even close. Getting COVID19 unless you are compromised in your health or much older typically when the immune system starts breaking down is not that big a deal. Until I start hearing that everyday healthy younger people are dying its just like any other virus.

Personal example, West Nile Virus years back was a scaremonger as well. It's been years but still very little is known about it. Most likely MANY of you have it in your system yet you had no reaction OR you got mildly sick, intestinal issues, fever, etc. A small subset of that group gets sepsis, encephalitis and possible long term neurological issues, REGARDLESS of age. Of that group, most often much older people die. I've recently studied this, why? i was part of that group with the sepsis and encephalitis, the sepsis almost killed me. I'm immune from it now but so are many people and NO I do not have a compromised immune system based on the battery of F##### tests they ran on me.

You can NOT catch it twice as claimed here, and thats already been discussed by science and how that claim was false.

This is a PANIC
                                Ticapnews isn't gonna like the part about you not being able to get it twice. Who is right???

Comment

Working...
                                X