Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1001

Thread: Covid 19

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,642

    Covid 19

    Low dosage of vitamins d helps cut down respatory infection by fifty percent. Ten to twenty micrograms per day.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,642

    Re: Covid 19

    I am not a pharmasuetical rep. But want healthy.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,642

  4. #4
    The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,903

    Re: Covid 19

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Low dosage of vitamins d helps cut down respatory infection by fifty percent. Ten to twenty micrograms per day.
    Because we always take medical advice from a drunken troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

    Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

  5. #5
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    8,127

    Re: Covid 19

    Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Because we always take medical advice from a drunken troll.
    My second go-to is an Orange Turd.
    It Happened!!!!

  6. #6
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    30,555

    Re: Covid 19

    But while we're on the subject....is the NCAA going to make a statement soon about the tournament? I heard something somewhere (accurate, I know!) that they were thinking of playing the Final Four with no fans. Assuming they're also looking into the Frozen Four. And the Regionals. But no one goes to those these days so that might not be an issue.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,412

    Re: Covid 19

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Low dosage of vitamins d helps cut down respatory infection by fifty percent. Ten to twenty micrograms per day.
    this is actually true. good advice BlackI
    ..er drunk or not.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

  8. #8
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    8,127

    Re: Covid 19

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    But while we're on the subject....is the NCAA going to make a statement soon about the tournament? I heard something somewhere (accurate, I know!) that they were thinking of playing the Final Four with no fans. Assuming they're also looking into the Frozen Four. And the Regionals. But no one goes to those these days so that might not be an issue.
    An NCCA Hockey Regional is the safest place to be! *rim shot*.
    It Happened!!!!

  9. #9
    2009 NCAA Champions Sean Pickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    2,843

    Re: Covid 19

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    But while we're on the subject....is the NCAA going to make a statement soon about the tournament? I heard something somewhere (accurate, I know!) that they were thinking of playing the Final Four with no fans. Assuming they're also looking into the Frozen Four. And the Regionals. But no one goes to those these days so that might not be an issue.
    Here is the statement the NCAA put out Tuesday regarding what it is doing. Italy has banned all fans from major sporting events until 3 April.

    BU and Lowell played a game without fans in 1985 due to a measles outbreak on the BU campus by order of the Massachusetts Department of Health. Then in 1990 there was a measles outbreak on the campus of Maine that impacted Hockeyfest, the combined Hockey East/ECAC championships. Hockey East dropped out and played their semifinals and final on campus sites. The state of Maine's health department placed no restrictions on the BU-Maine game held at Alfond, while, if I recall correctly, Massachusett's only allowed fans over 30 to attend the BC-Maine championship game.

    So, besides the NCAA, both local, state and national health officials could get involved in determining whether or not to allow fans to attend.

    Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

    Watch BU Hockey highlights
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

  10. #10
    The social ramble ain't restful
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Posts
    1,971

    Re: Covid 19

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    But while we're on the subject....is the NCAA going to make a statement soon about the tournament? I heard something somewhere (accurate, I know!) that they were thinking of playing the Final Four with no fans. Assuming they're also looking into the Frozen Four. And the Regionals. But no one goes to those these days so that might not be an issue.
    Let's assume that the NCAA undertakes the step of conducting the tournament in empty arenas.

    Why then will this weekend's games be played with fans in attendance? Why aren't NHL and NBA games being played in empty arenas?

    Please understand, that I'm not making any judgement on whether these events should be played in full or empty arenas. But why some events and not others?
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

  11. #11
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    32,955

    Re: Covid 19

    Covfefe

  12. #12
    I miss Tie Domi
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Between the Pipes
    Posts
    9,270

    Re: Covid 19

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    ...

    So, besides the NCAA, both local, state and national health officials could get involved in determining whether or not to allow fans to attend.

    Sean
    Absolutely. In the case of Albany, NY - which is hosting regionals for both hoop and hockey this year - the arena is owned and operated by the county, so they will definitely have a say in the decisions, should local cases emerge. Given that the county is largely broke, I'm sure they'll take every opportunity to see to it that the events go on as planned.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

  13. #13
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    30,555

    Re: Covid 19

    Quote Originally Posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Let's assume that the NCAA undertakes the step of conducting the tournament in empty arenas.

    Why then will this weekend's games be played with fans in attendance? Why aren't NHL and NBA games being played in empty arenas?

    Please understand, that I'm not making any judgement on whether these events should be played in full or empty arenas. But why some events and not others?
    Because the Regionals and Frozen Four are NCAA events. It's their call (or possibly the city and arenas where they will be played). Games this weekend are school events. BU could say no one comes to this Saturday's game, like all those years ago when there was a measles outbreak. And it will be up to individual teams and the facilities they play in. I have Opening Day tickets. Will the Red Sox tell everyone to stay home? They could.

  14. #14
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,883

    Re: Covid 19

    10 maybe 15 years ago they talked about not letting fans into Alfond without proof of Measles vaccine. Never happened though.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    6,497

    Re: Covid 19

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    Here is the statement the NCAA put out Tuesday regarding what it is doing. Italy has banned all fans from major sporting events until 3 April.

    BU and Lowell played a game without fans in 1985 due to a measles outbreak on the BU campus by order of the Massachusetts Department of Health. Then in 1990 there was a measles outbreak on the campus of Maine that impacted Hockeyfest, the combined Hockey East/ECAC championships. Hockey East dropped out and played their semifinals and final on campus sites. The state of Maine's health department placed no restrictions on the BU-Maine game held at Alfond, while, if I recall correctly, Massachusett's only allowed fans over 30 to attend the BC-Maine championship game.

    So, besides the NCAA, both local, state and national health officials could get involved in determining whether or not to allow fans to attend.

    Sean
    A Colby-Bowdoin game was once played without fans. But that's because that extreme rivalry got so bad, they were so concerned that particular year a European soccer game was going to break out at a college hockey game, they banned the fans from the game -- only proven family members were allowed to attend.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,623

    Re: Covid 19

    Good time to ask. Is the coronavirus outbreak causing any of you to stay home when you would normally attend a game tonight/this weekend?

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,412
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Good time to ask. Is the coronavirus outbreak causing any of you to stay home when you would normally attend a game tonight/this weekend?
    Heck no.
    Just practice common sense hygiene and donít take this (media) circus too seriously!

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    803

    Re: Covid 19

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Good time to ask. Is the coronavirus outbreak causing any of you to stay home when you would normally attend a game tonight/this weekend?
    No, but it's getting me some great deal on airfare with everyone freaking out!

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    114

    Re: Covid 19

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Good time to ask. Is the coronavirus outbreak causing any of you to stay home when you would normally attend a game tonight/this weekend?
    No, but we'll be at basketball rather than hockey, after the bball is over we'll go over to the rink to catch the end of the hockey.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,345
    Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    Heck no.
    Just practice common sense hygiene and donít take this (media) circus too seriously!
    +1

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •