X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covid 19

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    You would walk away with your tail between your legs.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by concretecharlie View Post
      I can't help but think of the line in the Big Short---a 1% uptick in unemployment 40,000 people die. Also, wonder what my grandpa would be thinking---he lived through the depression. So the Government told workers to stop working and go home?
      Kind of what I've been saying all along. One person's "safety" is another person's downfall.

There is a toll being extracted from everyday Americans right now that goes far beyond COVID-19.

I suspect in a week or two, there may be a lively debate between folks in the public sector ("What's the hurry - let's be on the safe side") and the private sector ("Our jobs aren't going to be there if we wait until it's perfectly safe, we'll take the risk").

There will come a tipping point, and I hope those in the former group understands that if the latter group gets pummeled with extended stoppages for "safety" that will come at a huge cost, and eventually it seeps back to hurt the public sector too.

Unless of course, you're shooting for a welfare state, in which case I guess this is your express ticket to France. Let's see how it plays out over the next week or two ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Kind of what I've been saying all along. One person's "safety" is another person's downfall.

There is a toll being extracted from everyday Americans right now that goes far beyond COVID-19.

I suspect in a week or two, there may be a lively debate between folks in the public sector ("What's the hurry - let's be on the safe side") and the private sector ("Our jobs aren't going to be there if we wait until it's perfectly safe, we'll take the risk").

There will come a tipping point, and I hope those in the former group understands that if the latter group gets pummeled with extended stoppages for "safety" that will come at a huge cost, and eventually it seeps back to hurt the public sector too.

Unless of course, you're shooting for a welfare state, in which case I guess this is your express ticket to France. Let's see how it plays out over the next week or two ...
        Absolutely. Because in two weeks, nothing will be different. There will be no “all clear”, no vaccine, no drugs, no abundance of tests. There will just be thousands of cases in every state.
        I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

When I have discussions like this with people, I refer to it as the "crossover point." The time when the damage to people by shutting down society is greater than the damage to people done by the virus.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            Yeah, I was too lazy to look up who is up for election. Thanks.

However, if Pelosi's state has an election, then she would be next in line (if she wins). After all, it’s all up to each state whether to hold an election or not. Some may. Some may not.
            No she wouldn’t. Election would be for the entire house as well as for the President. Every state will be voting. They have time to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              When I have discussions like this with people, I refer to it as the "crossover point." The time when the damage to people by shutting down society is greater than the damage to people done by the virus.
              Precisely. "Crossover point" or "tipping point", I suppose it's the same thing, and it's coming.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                No, her term would run out before Trump's and Pence's would (3rd Jan vs 20th Jan). If no elections were held before January 20, 2021, there would be one person in the entire line of succession who would still be legally in office, President pro tempore of the United States Senate Chuck Grassley (R-IA), whose current term expires 3 January 2023.

Sean
                GOP would lose its Senate majority of none of this year's seats hold elections. Pro tem would be Leahy.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Seen on Twitter:

A friend in NYC who is a doc told me that hospitals were already at capacity as of today, 30-45 days before the anticipated peak. It's horrifying.

Today's Butcher's Bill: 8736 cases Dead:149
                  I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    GOP would lose its Senate majority of none of this year's seats hold elections. Pro tem would be Leahy.
                    Thanks. I had read what I posted on a website I trust, but it appears that they forgot the fact that the GOP would control of the Senate.

Sean
                    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                    BU Hockey highlights and extras
                    NCAA Hockey Financials
                    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      Poor vs. possibly dead. The government is controlling this now, whether we like it or not. They will choose that point, but unfortunately, it will most likely be later, rather than sooner.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Seen on Twitter:

A friend in NYC who is a doc told me that hospitals were already at capacity as of today, 30-45 days before the anticipated peak. It's horrifying.

Today's Butcher's Bill: 8736 cases Dead:149
                        And 20,000 Massachusetts residents filed for unemployment on Monday (about 0.5% of the January workforce for Massachusetts).

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                        NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                          Poor vs. possibly dead. The government is controlling this now, whether we like it or not. They will choose that point, but unfortunately, it will most likely be later, rather than sooner.
                          Yes, and I have not heard one report about the governors and mayors violating the United States Constitution with all these bans prohibiting people from gathering in groups of more than 25 people.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                            And 20,000 Massachusetts residents filed for unemployment on Monday (about 0.5% of the January workforce for Massachusetts).

Sean
                            And that's one state... we are not at the peak of this...18 month pandemic being thrown around the news tonight. Cant sugar coat it.
                            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
                              It was 50000 in Minnesota. 1.67% of the workforce. Dont want to see what that % will be in Maine.

Comment

It is adorable that people think we'll still be following the Constitution in January...

Comment

Working...
                                X