This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democratic Challengers 2020 - 12: The End of the Beginning

It's a good piece and I can't argue with any of it.

My takeaway from yesterday is that Sanders' and my theory that a strong Left lurch would energize a large bloc of voters previously alienated by the Centrism of Dem nominees was not supported. There will be analyses for years why, but the fact is Biden won the night and should now continue to gain strength and win the nomination outright. That will support the Centrists' model of the electorate.

So to Handy and dx and others: congratulations. It looks like you were right and I was wrong. I'm disappointed but I'm glad to find out in March and not November, and that's why we have primaries. Vote Blue no matter who!

Now I'm going to slink off and cuddle my Marx teddy bear for a while...
    I'm with handy. Don't congratulate me. I'm not thrilled with this. Biden was initially my fifth or sixth choice:
    1. Warren
    2. Pete
    3. Amy
    4. Harris
    5. Biden
    6. Bernie

I also hope you don't leave for too long. I'm not interested in dancing on graves. I want to beat trump. That's the only thing I care about right now. And I know you're the same way.

Originally posted by Scooby
    Assuming Biden wins the Presidency I think his main job while he is President is to try and build a coalition around progressives and centrists in the Democratic lane. If he/they can find some way to bind those two together they could neuter the GOP entirely.
    Yes, this is exactly it. Build coalitions within the party, exclude the deplorables. They're terrorists. DOn't negotiate, run them over.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Re: Democratic Challengers 2020 - 12: The End of the Beginning

And so it begins. I hope dems start rolling the tapes of this guy slurring

“ President Trump's daughter-in-law Lara Trump said it’s “fair” to question former Vice President Joe Biden’s “cognitive function” in the 2020 race after he made a few verbal gaffes, saying she feels “nervous” when he goes to speak “that he’s not going to be able to coherently string a sentence together.”

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

“ President Trump's daughter-in-law Lara Trump said it’s “fair” to question former Vice President Joe Biden’s “cognitive function” in the 2020 race after he made a few verbal gaffes, saying she feels “nervous” when he goes to speak “that he’s not going to be able to coherently string a sentence together.”
      This should be dollar number one Bloomberg spends.
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I also hope you don't leave for too long.
        I've mourned.

I'm already back.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

On MSNBC last night, someone said Bloomberg needs to put together the attack messages against Trump, while Joe stays above the fray and hammers all the policy issues, healthcare, jobs, and such that got the Dems the House in 2018.

Let Mike tweak l'il Donnie into constant Twitter rages.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

He doesn't have the "vivor" Trump does.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Jesus does every airhead that marries one of these clowns a plagiarist? SHE STOLE MY WORDS EXACTLY
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                On MSNBC last night, someone said Bloomberg needs to put together the attack messages against Trump, while Joe stays above the fray and hammers all the policy issues, healthcare, jobs, and such that got the Dems the House in 2018.

This is true. Mike knows the things that set Trump off and can do a lot of damage that way. He doesnt need to play nice, he is a jerk by nature and can use his skills for good for once
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  This is true. Mike knows the things that set Trump off and can do a lot of damage that way. He doesnt need to play nice, he is a jerk by nature
                  We prefer the term "New Yorker."

(Note: actually from Brighton of all places.)
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post

Open two fronts. It's how you win. Mike understands the media better than the rest of the field. His campaign might not have been a winning strategy, but it was fairly effective and just missed viability in both California (21,000 votes short) and Texas (1,100). I don't know if missing 15% statewide excludes you from district level, but he was viable in a lot of counties (I understand these aren't how delegates are awarded). If he can even manage to pull 1% more support to the nominee in MI, PA, WI, MN, FL, and NC, this one is probably over.

Also, this article is fascinating: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...esday-primary/
                    Key points - Biden won: College grads (+9), health care as #1 (+9!!), climate change as #1 (+5), somewhat liberal (+11), Democrats (+14), blacks (+41), women (+10)

Edit: Green Papers FTW again: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P20/CA-D
                    Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Open two fronts. It's how you win. Mike understands the media better than the rest of the field. His campaign might not have been a winning strategy, but it was fairly effective and just missed viability in both California (21,000 votes short) and Texas (1,100). I don't know if missing 15% statewide excludes you from district level, but he was viable in a lot of counties (I understand these aren't how delegates are awarded). If he can even manage to pull 1% more support to the nominee in MI, PA, WI, MN, FL, and NC, this one is probably over.

Also, this article is fascinating: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...esday-primary/
                      Key points - Biden won: College grads (+9), health care as #1 (+9!!), climate change as #1 (+5), somewhat liberal (+11), Democrats (+14), blacks (+41), women (+10)

Edit: Green Papers FTW again: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P20/CA-D
                      From what I understand, if you’re not viable statewide, you don’t unlock any of those potential delegates, but you can still earn some delegates for being above 15% in any one congressional district in a state.

Comment

A Biden-Bloomberg alliance is an easy one and I do suspect he'll be putting his millions to use propping up Biden and p issing off Chump. Several posters have asked the DNC to broadcast some of Chump's mental breakdowns to counter what his campaign is trying to do to Biden. I wouldn't worry about the DNC because I suspect Bloomberg will do it for them, and in a much more effective manner.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I keep seeing a Biden nod is embarrassing given his age and supposed reduced mental faculties and this isn't even coming in some cases from Bernie Bros.

We all know Trump sucks, but his voters don't care. I fail to comprehend why so many Democrats/liberals are so butthurt about this they can't find it in themselves to grow up fight to defeat Trump.

Sadly this election is likely never going to be about policy so the Democrats need to find a way to fight dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            I keep seeing a Biden nod is embarrassing given his age and supposed reduced mental faculties and this isn't even coming in some cases from Bernie Bros.

We all know Trump sucks, but his voters don't care. I fail to comprehend why so many Democrats/liberals are so butthurt about this they can't find it in themselves to grow up fight to defeat Trump.

Sadly this election is likely never going to be about policy so the Democrats need to find a way to fight dirty.
                            I'd be more concerned were it not for the new voters Biden inexplicably brought in, as nobody saw that coming. He seems to be attracting the same crowd that drove the 2018 wave - educated moderates who were voting Republican but have jumped ship in the Chump era. IF he can keep that up a subset of whiny Bernie Bros really aren't going to matter as long as they don't vote FOR Trump again this time, and merely sit out the election.

I also agree about fighting dirty, but with Bloomberg pretty much taking over the funding and messaging for the party and his deep disdain for Trump I feel the calculations have changed somewhat. The dude has enough money to hire Trump and all his idiot kids as his butler, provided you could trust any of them to walk your dog without losing it somewhere.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              This is true. Mike knows the things that set Trump off and can do a lot of damage that way. He doesnt need to play nice, he is a jerk by nature and can use his skills for good for once
                              While Joe appears as nice, affable Uncle Joe.

Dems need to be searching out every clip where Donnie is slurring, babbling incoherently, every time he's saying something, has one of those spasms and quickly says "look", and starts off on some completely different tangent, the toilet paper up the plane steps, the umbrella, the wrong turns on the tarmac and that press event in Pakistan or wherever, being hauled away in the middle of the day from the WH for some unspecified medical event, etc, every time he appears baffled or incoherent, they need to be running those constantly. 9

Likewise, every time he's been with Putin or some Saudi leader, or whomever, and he's standing there slump-shouldered and submissive, that meek little look on his face, every time he's said something at the UN or global conference and the attendees have snickered and laughed at him,"This is the man to stand up for America on the world stage?"

Hit him where he's definitely gonna be hitting you. Reveal him for the weak, small man he is. He'll go ballistic.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                              X