This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Look, I'm not the biggest fan of Biden either; I really wanted Warren.

However, because I'm a 38 year old adult and not a 7 year old spoiled brat, I will suck it up and vote for Biden in the general.
    Gimme a break, the incessant name calling because someone holds (gasp! What?!?!) a different position than you is childish.

To vote Biden means you need to reconcile yourself to voting by for a war criminal. That’s what he is for the over 1 million dead Iraqis, and thousands dead in Yemen, Syria and Libya.

For some of us, it’s not as easy as “okay, i’ll Vote for the war criminal over the slum lord who cannot form sentences and follows whatever Pompeo says”

It’s just not that simple.

And while i’m At it, Bush, Cheney and RUmsfeld should be tried at Tge Hague for their roles in initiating that war.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Democratic Challengers 2020 - 12: The End of the Beginning

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      Gimme a break, the incessant name calling because someone holds (gasp! What?!?!) a different position than you is childish.

To vote Biden means you need to reconcile yourself to voting by for a war criminal. That’s what he is for the over 1 million dead Iraqis, and thousands dead in Yemen, Syria and Libya.

For some of us, it’s not as easy as “okay, i’ll Vote for the war criminal over the slum lord who cannot form sentences and follows whatever Pompeo says”

It’s just not that simple.

And while i’m At it, Bush, Cheney and RUmsfeld should be tried at Tge Hague for their roles in initiating that war.
      Yes it is that simple.

There is no third choice. There should be but there isnt.

A) Not Trump

B) Trump

That is it. If you vote anything but A you vote B. You have every right to vote how you wish...but it doesnt change the facts in this matter. Bernie isnt a candidate anymore. Dont burn down the system because you are butthurt the Bernie People didnt vote in great enough numbers.

This isnt Sophie's choice...you are deciding whether to cut off your leg to save your life. Is it worth saving your leg to risk dying? Biden brings back the old status quo and you can fix it later. Not Biden brings about something much much worse. Basic logic and you are failing it.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

He wants to fail it. **** him.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Let me explain it this way:

Right now, Trump is a Cat 5 hurricane in the White House, laying waste to everything it touches.

Bernie may or may not be a tropical paradise, where you can sit on the beach all day in your trunks and sipping Pina Coladas.

At least with Biden, we will get back to 68 degrees outside and partly cloudy. It won't be ideal, no, but it's better than a hurricane destroying everything that it touches.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Write-in Bernie 2020!

Comment

And I'll tell you this:

Under Obama/Biden, the LGBT community gained a fair amount. Under Trump/Pence, most of those gains were erased, and "religious freedom" (license to discriminate) became the law of the land. The administration caved to religious extremists and removed LGBT from the welcoming guidelines to 4H of all things! Also, there's a lot of conservatives who want to overturn Obergefell, and if Trump is allowed to stay in office, those conservatives will probably get their wish. At least with Biden, the bleeding will stop, and that needs to be priority #1. The gains we had under Obama will at least be restored if nothing else.

And I'm not just voting for President. I'm voting to prevent a 7-2, 8-1 Conservative majority. I'm voting for a competent Secretary of Education. I'm voting for a strong EPA. I'm voting to prevent any more environmental regulation rollbacks. I'm voting to not wake up every day and go "oh Jesus, what now?"
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Bernie should suspend to save people from having to break social isolation to vote in a lost cause. He won't, because it's all about himself. He'll drag it into June or July.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Interesting stats...not that Bernie gives a **** about them:

https://t.co/oaFr8ZUVEJ?amp=1
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    Interesting stats...not that Bernie gives a **** about them:

https://t.co/oaFr8ZUVEJ?amp=1
                    yeah, we're not clicking on your crazy *** links

Comment

It’s time for Bernie to drop out and endorse Biden. He was slaughtered tonight. There is zero reason to continue putting people at risk when it’s clear he has zero chance.

Work behind the scenes and lobby for progressive policies.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        It’s time for Bernie to drop out and endorse Biden. He was slaughtered tonight. There is zero reason to continue putting people at risk when it’s clear he has zero chance.

Work behind the scenes and lobby for progressive policies.
                        I agree completely.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Offer to drop out with a public proclamation by Biden of support for something. Anything. Even cabinet positions.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Offer to drop out with a public proclamation by Biden of support for something. Anything. Even cabinet positions.
                            Promise to make Abrams his running mate. Bernie himself belongs nowhere near a Biden administration.

Comment

Progressive Marie Newman beat pro-life conservative Dem incumbent Dan Lipinski in Illinois' 3rd district. This is a good thing. We need people like Manchin in states like West Virginia. There is no reason for a guy like Lipinski in a seat Clinton won by 15 points.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                Progressive Marie Newman beat pro-life conservative Dem incumbent Dan Lipinski in Illinois' 3rd district. This is a good thing. We need people like Manchin in states like West Virginia. There is no reason for a guy like Lipinski in a seat Clinton won by 15 points.
                                Agreed. With Lipinski gone, from what I’ve read. the number of anti-abortion Democrats in the House drops from 3 to 2. The two remaining are Collin Peterson of MN (makes sense in a Trump +31 district - my previous district), and Henry Cuellar of TX, who just eked out a primary win against Jessica Cisneros. That one is less forgivable in a D +9 district.

Comment

Working...
                                X