2020 B1G Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    They could be, though. Designate a tailgate lot, work with local businesses, etc. Cut a deal if need be. The investment would be awesome.

And that's part of the issue. No one is thinking forward, or realizing what made past tourneys a fan experience, etc. They just care about the bottom line. Can't see the forest from the trees.

Edit: they won't give up $5 to make $10. They just want the $10.
    I’d give anything for another final five weekend. That was what college hockey was all about.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Re: 2020 B1G Tournament

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      I’d give anything for another final five weekend. That was what college hockey was all about.
      I scheduled my (pretty much) guaranteed days of PTO around that event. Every year.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        CCHA tournament worked because many teams were within driving distance
        Final Five was amazing because many teams were within driving distance (and CO-MN flights are dirt cheap). Even without tailgating the Final Five would still be a killer event now.

Big Ten tournament will never get close to that.
        You mean except for the excellent crowd from Nebraska and Alaska, right? The drive for Northern is as long as PSU and Wisconsin, and they came in DROVES. The only team that is isolated relative to the CCHA from Detroit is Minnesota. So I don't buy that argument at all. Especially remembering the huge crowds for UNO, NMU, and UA when they came to the tournament. Imagine, people paying for plane ticket from Nebraska and Fairbanks to Detroit in March- tell me how it's so hard for the B1G. Even better that MSP and DTW are hubs of one company.

The CCHA was not the old WCHA, sure. But it was sustainable, and way, way better than the B1G effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          The Jackets have announced their games will be attended as usual so unless OSU's administration continues to cater to the hype there should be no problem. There will be how many there anyways for our game, 800, a thousand in an arena that can seat 18,500?
          Not much to worry about with the numbers I imagine they're expecting.
          Here's a like to the statement from the Jackets and NHL about their feelings on the Coronavirus.

https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/news...19/c-316083620
          Given that OSU just suspended face to face classes, well.... Not sure how many people are calling it hype anymore. For sure, it it were at the Schott- I would bet there would be no fans.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Given that OSU just suspended face to face classes, well.... Not sure how many people are calling it hype anymore. For sure, it it were at the Schott- I would bet there would be no fans.
            The NCAA at the moment is leaving conference tournament decisions in the hands of the schools but policy could change at any time.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...porting-events

Comment

The NCAA at the moment is leaving conference tournament decisions in the hands of the schools but policy could change at any time.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...porting-events
              With the NCAA ban on fans at championship events, sounds like the NCAA made that decision just today.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                With the NCAA ban on fans at championship events, sounds like the NCAA made that decision just today.
                We'll all be watching on TV now which just su*cks!

Comment

Now about the Minnesota/Penn State matchup.
                  Penn State with the bye hasn't played a game in 3 weeks. The rust could negate home ice advantage wouldn't you think?

Comment

Now about the Minnesota/Penn State matchup.
                    Penn State with the bye hasn't played a game in 3 weeks. The rust could negate home ice advantage wouldn't you think?
                    Home ice advantage is already chopped down to nearly nothing with no fans...

PSU is the better hockey team but at least the Gophers have a tiny bit better chance now.

Comment

Oh God, this whole thing might get canceled.

Comment

Big Ten commissioner says in press conference just now that no decision has yet been made about the hockey tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          Big Ten commissioner says in press conference just now that no decision has yet been made about the hockey tournament.
                          So NOW what's the problem with playing if fans aren't allowed at the games?

Comment

Moving the teams around, exposure through arena workers.

And also societal pressure. The federal government isn’t doing anything meaningful about guiding what should happen with public gatherings, so it falls onto colleges and sports leagues to take responsibility.

College Hockey as a whole seems content to play along with what our bouncy ball overlords are doing.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Is it bad that as a Gopher fan I want the NCAA tourney to be canceled now, too?

Comment

As of 1:30pm EDT, the Big Ten is the only conference who has yet to cancel the rest of its postseason tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X