X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Here’s my top 5 for the NCHA, WCHA & CCHA
    (To avoid any claims of bias, I’ve excluded NMU from the rankings)
    Total Arenas Visited All Time 23/24
    Visited This Season All WCHA except Bemidji & Anchorage + BU & Cornell

5 UMD Amsoil Arena
    4 Notre Dame: Compton Family Arena
    3 Omaha: Baxter Arena
    2 Penn State: Pegula Arena
    1 North Dakota: Ralph Englestad Arena

WCHA
    3 Michigan Tech: John J MacInnes Student Ice Arena
    2 Bemidji State: Sanford Center
    1 Minnesota State: Mayo Clinic Health Systems Event Center

Best Arena Visited This Year
    1 Boston U: Agganis Arena
    I ran across this, it gives a snapshot of each arena. However, it doesn't show Oceanside for ASU, it shows their alternate site (talk about extreme differences between the two!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIQX...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Breaking news, Michigan Tech is now claiming Little Ceasars Arena as their home rink since we play multiple home games there every year.
      #1 Michigan Tech - 19,515
      Woo hoo!

PS We also let the Red Wings use our hockey rink when we are not using it.
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
        I ran across this, it gives a snapshot of each arena. However, it doesn't show Oceanside for ASU, it shows their alternate site (talk about extreme differences between the two!)

Great stuff!
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

Holy craps some of those capacities are way off (6,000 for BSU?)
          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
          ECAC:
          HEA: UMass
          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

Interesting. Some were a lot smaller than I assumed. And some were bigger. I'd like to see one with average attendance. Does OSU really fill that barn?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
              Interesting. Some were a lot smaller than I assumed. And some were bigger. I'd like to see one with average attendance. Does OSU really fill that barn?

No https://www.uscho.com/stats/attendance/division-i-men/
              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
              ECAC:
              HEA: UMass
              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Nice info. Thanks.

Comment

Shane Frederick is stepping down as the sports editor at the Mankato Free Press and is getting out of the newspaper business. He’s been on the Maverick Hockey beat for 20 years.

I believe he has run the media poll for the WCHA Preseason The last few years as well?
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    Shane Frederick is stepping down as the sports editor at the Mankato Free Press and is getting out of the newspaper business. He’s been on the Maverick Hockey beat for 20 years.

I believe he has run the media poll for the WCHA Preseason The last few years as well?
                    Good luck to Shane. Did a great job despite having to write about the Mavs. [emoji6]

Will Tech Hockey Guide carry the torch with the polls?

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post

Oh NOOOOO!
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post

Wishing him all the best in the future. He was absolutely top-notch.

Comment

• They share the Schottenstein Center with Buckeye Basketball. The upper deck is usually limited to Center ice seating, though they have drawn in excess of 17,000 against the school from up north.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            Breaking news, Michigan Tech is now claiming Little Ceasars Arena as their home rink since we play multiple home games there every year.
                            #1 Michigan Tech - 19,515
                            Woo hoo!

PS We also let the Red Wings use our hockey rink when we are not using it.
                            Its been claimed, as shown by Wikipedia, as their alternate off-campus site.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._hockey_arenas

However, Michigan, MSU, Ferris might also be claiming it, remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Great stuff!
                              I thought it was good for all to see at least a snapshot picture of the various arenas being discussed and those we have not been to.

Comment

Students are sitting in the rafters at Oceanside, at 30%+ overcapacity........

Comment

Working...
                                X