Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Will the WCHA schedules for 2020-21 come out in early-mid May or will it be later because of the coronavirus pandemic?
    With NCHC releasing their schedule a week earlier than normal, I'd assume WCHA will release early May.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      well thats great but I wouldn't want to get fan's hopes up, planning trips, etc until I had a better idea if a season is actually going to happen
      They can release the schedule, but that doesn't mean it has to be played. I think most fans are aware enough to what is going on to hold off on any planning until it is a go.
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
        They can release the schedule, but that doesn't mean it has to be played. I think most fans are aware enough to what is going on to hold off on any planning until it is a go.
        I just don't see the point in releasing any schedules right now.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          I just don't see the point in releasing any schedules right now.
          I mean, I don't know about anyone else but the way other leagues have handled tickets, I have zero interest in buying tickets or giving anyone money if I'm not getting something in return right then because everyone seems to be hoarding cash.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            I mean, I don't know about anyone else but the way other leagues have handled tickets, I have zero interest in buying tickets or giving anyone money if I'm not getting something in return right then because everyone seems to be hoarding cash.
            Tickets probably won't be on sale until June anyway, but I would like to know which dates I will be in Houghton.

I need something to look forward to.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
              Tickets probably won't be on sale until June anyway, but I would like to know which dates I will be in Houghton.

I need something to look forward to.

I am hoping for an early series for LSSU in Houghton rather than carnival. Would be nice to be able to get a hotel and go up to the games.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                I am hoping for an early series for LSSU in Houghton rather than carnival. Would be nice to be able to get a hotel and go up to the games.
                I hear you. Carnival is tough for lodging but Airbnb is more common down there now. But they jack the rates up too.

Comment

Simple thought: just because you have a schedule doesn't mean that you have to release it. There will be pent up demand for college hockey after a season where we lost our postseason.

Hell, I probably have multiple versions of schedules: October start with 34+, November start with 34+, December start with reduced in-conference play, ...

You also have to considered non-conference series under contract for this year, etc.

Heck, you can't even have the coaches' meeting right now.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    Heck, you can't even have the coaches' meeting right now.
                    My guess is that moves to a teleconferencing format this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      My guess is that moves to a teleconferencing format this year.
                      I pray to God they enable global mute on that call...
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        I think Flo should show it [emoji23]

Comment

If it's anything like my conference calls, it'll be a constant cacophony of "Sorry, I was on mute", yelling kids/barking dogs in the background, three people trying to respond at the same time, "We can't hear you! Turn up your mic please!", and garbled audio when someone's local Internet connection hiccups.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            If it's anything like my conference calls, it'll be a constant cacophony of "Sorry, I was on mute", yelling kids/barking dogs in the background, three people trying to respond at the same time, "We can't hear you! Turn up your mic please!", and garbled audio when someone's local Internet connection hiccups.
                            We've started tying folks onto our voice loops with phone patches since some of them aren't able to connect to the loops at home. I can't remember what the argument was about yesterday — I think about someone drinking all the coffee? Thankfully they were in the background, but the back-and-forth went for over 30 minutes. The flight director was ... unamused.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              We've started tying folks onto our voice loops with phone patches since some of them aren't able to connect to the loops at home. I can't remember what the argument was about yesterday — I think about someone drinking all the coffee? Thankfully they were in the background, but the back-and-forth went for over 30 minutes. The flight director was ... unamused.

GFM
                              I don't mean to laugh, but, that's funny.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I don't mean to laugh, but, that's funny.
                                It was hilarious and also really **** annoying. I think they figured out who it was after about 45 minutes.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X