Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    They share the Schottenstein Center with Buckeye Basketball. The upper deck is usually limited to Center ice seating, though they have drawn in excess of 17,000 against the school from up north.
    A handful of times when it first opened, yes. Other than that, no.
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
      Students are sitting in the rafters at Oceanside, at 30%+ overcapacity........
      [emoji849]

AHA:
      ECAC:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        Breaking news, Michigan Tech is now claiming Little Ceasars Arena as their home rink since we play multiple home games there every year.
        #1 Michigan Tech - 19,515
        Woo hoo!

PS We also let the Red Wings use our hockey rink when we are not using it.
        LOL!!! Great comment!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
          I thought it was good for all to see at least a snapshot picture of the various arenas being discussed and those we have not been to.
          Absolutely! Thanks for sharing!
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I ran the media stuff for a few years there. I don't remember who did last year, but I quickly turned it down when asked. I think that Shane was involved in the coaches' stuff, but I could be wrong.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

North Dakota has announced their tentative schedule. The Beavers will host the Fighting Hawks October 9 and the Hawks will host the Beavers October 10.

Also, Beaver goalie Henry "Hank" Johnson will be using the Graduate Transfer rule and moving to Mercyhurst next season.
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                I ran the media stuff for a few years there. I don't remember who did last year, but I quickly turned it down when asked. I think that Shane was involved in the coaches' stuff, but I could be wrong.

GFM
                Yes, Shane conducted the coaches' poll. It looks like the league itself did the media poll last season.
                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                  Yes, Shane conducted the coaches' poll. It looks like the league itself did the media poll last season.
                  I thought it was Bemidji Pioneer? unless that was the year before...
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

[QUOTE=Shirtless Guy;6937126]I thought it was Bemidji Pioneer? unless that was the year before...[/Q]

They were doing it before UAHHockey.com took it over for a couple of years.
                    Michael Napier - UAH '97
                    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                    U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                    NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                    CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                    CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Danny Martin is also stepping down as sports editor of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner after 17 years and leaving the newspaper business.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Long way to go, if we do indeed have a season, but will Bemidji be the favorite rather than Minnesota State come preseason time?
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          Long way to go, if we do indeed have a season, but will Bemidji be the favorite rather than Minnesota State come preseason time?
                          With what we've lost going into next year, I can't see us being pre-season favorite.
                          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                            Tech looks good. BGSU has quite a bit back. Alaska took big steps this year. Should be wide open.

Comment

Most of the Beavers' non-conference schedule is now known:

The Beavers will host the North Dakota Fighting Hawks October 9 and the Hawks will host the Beavers October 10.

BSU will play St. Cloud State in Bemidji on November 20 and travel to St. Cloud on November 21.

The Beavers will also head out east to play Mass-Lowell and Merrimack on November 27 and 28.

UMD released their home non-conference schedule, BSU will be at Duluth on Saturday, January 2. I would assume that the 'dog will be in Bemidji on Sunday, Jan 3?

EDIT: The Duluth News-Tribune is reporting UMD at BSU January 1.
                              Last edited by beaverhockeyfan; 04-09-2020, 01:33 PM.
                              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                                Tech looks good. BGSU has quite a bit back. Alaska took big steps this year. Should be wide open.
                                Tech also has essentially zero goaltending experience returning

AHA:
                                ECAC:

Comment

Working...
                                X