Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    335K now. I actually think they might do it.
    361k. The question to me is still what does this ultimately achieve? Is this merely a stay of execution or are they actually able to figure things out.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      361k. The question to me is still what does this ultimately achieve? Is this merely a stay of execution or are they actually able to figure things out.
      Well by finding the money the fans are making a statement. Now the university needs to make a commitment in response and that should be to fund the program as it needs to be funded long term. I donated because I couldn't live with myself if the program had a chance and I didn't try to help out. I figure we are all in this and we all ought to help each other here.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Well by finding the money the fans are making a statement. Now the university needs to make a commitment in response and that should be to fund the program as it needs to be funded long term. I donated because I couldn't live with myself if the program had a chance and I didn't try to help out. I figure we are all in this and we all ought to help each other here.
        Me too. I didn't give a lot, but I wanted to give something
        "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
          Me too. I didn't give a lot, but I wanted to give something
          Sincerely, as a UAH Hockey alum, I am personally grateful for all of your donations. We can see them all coming in. It speaks to the greater hockey community.

We are trying, despite the University, to be certain it's getting done right this time. All that to say, we have a few big money alums that understand the program needs a reset. We have lost two current players, to my knowledge, but need to develop a sustainable model going forward. If we can do that, we will be in good shape. I didn't mention the conference affiliation, that's still an albatross, but with money commitments I believe the conversation becomes easier. We need Geof Morris to get off his wallet and save the program himself

Comment

Originally posted by Schreibzey View Post
            Sincerely, as a UAH Hockey alum, I am personally grateful for all of your donations. We can see them all coming in. It speaks to the greater hockey community.

We are trying, despite the University, to be certain it's getting done right this time. All that to say, we have a few big money alums that understand the program needs a reset. We have lost two current players, to my knowledge, but need to develop a sustainable model going forward. If we can do that, we will be in good shape. I didn't mention the conference affiliation, that's still an albatross, but with money commitments I believe the conversation becomes easier. We need Geof Morris to get off his wallet and save the program himself
            Look, just because the government hired me a couple of years ago doesn't mean that I'm flush with cash! But I can drive up to TN again and see if their lottery will allow me to endow funds for travel in perpetuity...

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

After reading this I made a donation as well.

Comment

I chipped in as well. Unfortunately, I feel this just prolongs the misery that Geof will go through, but I would really like to see their program get as much commitment as football does in Tuscaloosa.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Very nicely put.

I donated as well. There are too many reasons to donate, UAH is a fellow "nerd" school, GFM and Statesman, they have 4 games scheduled against Tech this year, the love of college hockey, and who doesn't love being (a small) part of a back from the ashes story.

Here's to many more series between Tech and UAH.

Comment

It’s official. At least another year for UAH.

https://***********/saveuahhockey/st...970141200?s=21
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                      It’s official. At least another year for UAH.

https://***********/saveuahhockey/st...970141200?s=21
                      Excellent!

Comment

I won't call it official until the University agrees that it is enough money going forward. As it is, we have it second-hand from Taso and Sheldon (and boys, know that I trust you 100% when you're telling us this, because you wouldn't blow smoke on something this important to you) that Dawson will agree to continue the program for 2020-21. The leaders of this movement want change, and they're not going to give the money over unless they get it.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

I hate to see Corbet go. I thought he was a good coach. Good luck to the Chargers going forward.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I hate to see Corbet go. I thought he was a good coach. Good luck to the Chargers going forward.
                            Mike is truly one of the nicest and best liked coaches in college hockey. I've had the privilege of getting to know him over the years and I'm confident he will land on his feet. I don't know Gavin quite as well but, the times we've been together he seems like a decent guy. Best of luck to both of them.

Comment

• Minnesota State Maverick fans get your first look at Grad Transfer player Todd Burgess. The dude is a walking highlight reel and there's a reason the Senators drafted him in the 4th round. I mean just look at his incredible stick skills https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMxdpAWD84w&t=5s

Comment

• Not that this is earth shattering, but Mike Hastings spoke at yesterday’s MSU Hockey Blue Line Club Golf Fundraiser..

”Would we like to start on October 3rd as we are supposed to? Of course. I’d also like to be 6 feet tall. I think the most realistic goal right now is a Conference only schedule beginning in January.”
                                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                                X