X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

GFM <— signing off for a while, perhaps forever.
    Please don't go. At least not forever. Your insights have always been welcomed.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
      I understand UAH did such about 10 years back & saved their program but had not heard such about Ferris.
      The school got 20% of the $500k pledged.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

I'm guessing UAH dropping hockey was quite unexpected to the WCHA league office. If there were any rumblings of the Chargers folding, they probably would of put off releasing the 2020-21 league schedule.
        Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 05-24-2020, 10:49 PM.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

can someone explain how LSSU enrollment is bad yet their acceptance rate is ~60%...if they're not getting enough students, why aren't they accepting more students? If enrollment is truly the problem I would expect a much higher acceptance rate for admissions.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            can someone explain how LSSU enrollment is bad yet their acceptance rate is ~60%...if they're not getting enough students, why aren't they accepting more students? If enrollment is truly the problem I would expect a much higher acceptance rate for admissions.
            If they accept more students just to get a higher enrollment, they will end up with a lower quality student body. Michigan already has Northern, we don't need two schools with standards that low.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
              If they accept more students just to get a higher enrollment, they will end up with a lower quality student body. Michigan already has Northern, we don't need two schools with standards that low.

You misspelled Central.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                Technically, NMU is in Upper Wisconsin (or Upper Missouri as CNN calls it), but you still make a valid point.

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Boosters and Alumni have made a last ditch effort to save the team by this Friday. A GoFundMe has been started, and they have already raised $37,000.
                  Need $500,000 by Friday

GO UAH CHARGERS HOCKEY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                    Boosters and Alumni have made a last ditch effort to save the team by this Friday. A GoFundMe has been started, and they have already raised $37,000.
                    Need $500,000 by Friday

GO UAH CHARGERS HOCKEY!!!
                    No harm in trying, if goal is not met all $$$ donated is to be refunded ... Go Chargers!

https://tinyurl.com/ydf76swr
                    "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

It's gonna have to breach $150-200k today to have a shot, based on what I've seen of most crowdfunding efforts. Best of luck. I'm skeptical.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

It's gonna have to breach $150-200k today to have a shot, based on what I've seen of most crowdfunding efforts. Best of luck. I'm skeptical.

GFM
                        If the goal is met, what type of numbers will they have left for players? Players can't really be sitting around right now waiting to see what happens. They need to be out there selling themselves to see if they can latch on with another program, whether it is D-I or D-III. And with Long Island University looking to fill their roster, there are spots out there.

And what does this $1 million do for next year, and the year after?

As much as I want to see the Chargers survive, I am probably as skeptical as you are...... The school can't keep doing this every 10 years to you.
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

GFM
                          up to $118k> right now...
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post

Yeah, that's real smart. Instead of expanding your programming to draw a broader range of students, keep them restrictive and suffer the financial consequences. What are they teaching over there at Tech?
                            “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                            – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                            when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              up to $118k> right now...
                              329k, they might actually make it

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                329k, they might actually make it
                                335K now. I actually think they might do it.
                                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                                X