RPI @ Dartmouth 2/29/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Dartmouth 2/29/2020

No more score board watching, this is all on us.

Lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Re: RPI @ Dartmouth 2/29/2020

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can close this regular season out with just one more win and get a 4th place bye. Could not dream this would be the case as recently as New Year's Eve. This is a good team! And on some nights, a very good team!! Now, they just have to be a very good team every night!! If they are we get a trip to Lake Placid for the first time in almost forever. I have not seen an RPI team show this kind of improvement during a season in a long time. All the credit in the world to these boys who are showing they really want it and to a coach who has made whatever adjustments have been necessary to get us here.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

GO WHITE!!!

I’m still fired up about last nights command performance. Tempted to drive up to see the boys for myself. Such a turnaround from the last few seasons. The boys are playing as one, for each other. LGR!!
      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

2019-20 Thread-Starting Statistics:

Code:
        engineerhockeyfan  6- 3- 0 12 points  .667
        Ralph Baer         6- 4- 0 12 points  .600
        DrDemento          3- 5- 1  7 points  .389
        Waite21            2- 1- 0  4 points  .667
        ServinisScores     1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
        fr joe             0- 1- 0  0 points  .000

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2019-20 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
        Ralph Baer        71-72-18 160 points  .497
        fr joe            49-70-14 112 points  .421
        engineerhockeyfan 37-56- 9  83 points  .407
        DrDemento         13-26- 7  33 points  .359
        Red Cloud         11- 3- 1  23 points  .767
        hockeyhound       11-14- 1  23 points  .432
        GRussinko         10-15- 2  22 points  .407
        burgie12           6- 2- 1  13 points  .722
        rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1  13 points  .500
        Waite21            4- 9- 2  10 points  .333
        RPIBMW             4- 5- 1   9 points  .450
        FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0   8 points 1.000
        jericho            4-16- 0   8 points  .200
        HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1   7 points  .438
        JCrawford          2- 1- 0   4 points  .667
        REDRocket          2- 3- 0   4 points  .400
        RPIHFH             1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
        JennyRN            1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
        fishcore12         0- 1- 3   3 points  .375
        berbs91            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
        ambersuds          1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
        drshoen            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
        Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0   2 points  .500
        ServinisScores     1- 2- 0   0 points  .333
        lugnut92           1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
        NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
        RPI92              1- 4- 0   2 points  .200
        RKarger            0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
        redrocker          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
        Rockchops          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
        vicb               0- 3- 1   1 point   .125
        RPI_2003           0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        RenPI              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        johnk              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        redhead18          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        Priceless          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        REDaero91          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        rsfs04             0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        jmhusker           0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
        hawthr             0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
        Gophers #1         0- 3- 0   0 points  .000
        RPI fan 4 life     0- 5- 0   0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
        https://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
        https://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3...ma%20Mater.mp3
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
          GO WHITE!!!

I’m still fired up about last nights command performance. Tempted to drive up to see the boys for myself. Such a turnaround from the last few seasons. The boys are playing as one, for each other. LGR!!
          Last night game was truly an inspired performance. They out skated and out played Harvard in all three periods. Even the Harvard announcers conceded that RPI controlled the game from start to finish.
          Now lets go out and do it again tonight.
          LGR
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            Last night game was truly an inspired performance. They out skated and out played Harvard in all three periods. Even the Harvard announcers conceded that RPI controlled the game from start to finish.
            Now lets go out and do it again tonight.
            LGR
            Agreed - we looked about as good as we have all season (perhaps the QU game or the Dartmouth games at home were comparable). This was our best road performance against what should have been a top tier team in a long time. however, not to throw cold water on this at all, we still only scored 1 goal until the empty net. 1 goal is not going to win all that many games against the teams we will have to face in the ECAC playoffs let alone anyone Nationally. And although we played a fabulous game, Harvard still manage to get 15 shots on goal in the third period.
            This was for us a wonderfully exciting, fast paced game and we did what we had to do to win. But we have another game tonight and we have to play as well if not better. Just because we took DC to the woodshed in Troy does not mean much up in their rink. They seem to be a totally different team at home. Add to that the possibility of some poor calls by officials and tonight could be a real struggle.
            After all of this, agree 100% 'let's go out and do it again tonight" (and thanks for starting this string of score threads and I hope you get to start perhaps 8 more!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can close this regular season out with just one more win and get a 4th place bye. Could not dream this would be the case as recently as New Year's Eve. This is a good team! And on some nights, a very good team!! Now, they just have to be a very good team every night!! If they are we get a trip to Lake Placid for the first time in almost forever. I have not seen an RPI team show this kind of improvement during a season in a long time. All the credit in the world to these boys who are showing they really want it and to a coach who has made whatever adjustments have been necessary to get us here.
              Easy there, killer. Yes, a good chance, but don't count your BMW's before they get off the assembly line.
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                Easy there, killer. Yes, a good chance, but don't count your BMW's before they get off the assembly line.
                Did you not see the simple word "if" starting the sentence you highlighted???? Come on J-man allow us to be excited, allow us to dream a bit. I have been fortunate enough to see this program and teams that were fabulous and exciting! I have been waiting to be able to even hint at the thought that we may be on the brink of something like that. Are we there yet? Spare me, we are 16-15-2 and that is not 35-2-1 or 34-6 by a long shot. But after years of being outscored, out hustled, out played, we are for the last couple months competitive. How many times have you seen us win both games in the North Country and almost win both games in Central NY in the same season? How many times have we had a goal tender pitch 5 shutouts in a season (and not playing in every game)?
                I am pragmatic and conservative but after waiting and following for so long, allow us a little celebratory chatter. My expectations are somewhat higher than they were in September (they would almost have to be). But from now on, every game is most likely against a top contender and we can be knocked off at any time. But those of us who have been here through the best of times and the worst of times (sorry Mr. Dickens for stealing that line) are just proud of a group of boys and a coach who are giving us a little taste of what could be. Besides, we will not have the BMW for a few weeks yet - we are still a total Audi/Porsche household for now. It would, however be quite nice if our boys were still playing when that M340 arrives (expected late March or early April)

BTW - hope the broadcast goes well tonight, most likely will not be here for at least the first 2 periods. This is one of those nights I wish i was fully retired instead of semi retired.

Comment

Agreed - we looked about as good as we have all season (perhaps the QU game or the Dartmouth games at home were comparable). This was our best road performance against what should have been a top tier team in a long time. however, not to throw cold water on this at all, we still only scored 1 goal until the empty net. 1 goal is not going to win all that many games against the teams we will have to face in the ECAC playoffs let alone anyone Nationally. And although we played a fabulous game, Harvard still manage to get 15 shots on goal in the third period.
                  This was for us a wonderfully exciting, fast paced game and we did what we had to do to win. But we have another game tonight and we have to play as well if not better. Just because we took DC to the woodshed in Troy does not mean much up in their rink. They seem to be a totally different team at home. Add to that the possibility of some poor calls by officials and tonight could be a real struggle.
                  After all of this, agree 100% 'let's go out and do it again tonight" (and thanks for starting this string of score threads and I hope you get to start perhaps 8 more!!!
                  I think that the thing we forget about last nights game is the fact that Harvard controlled their own destiny. And they were playing at home.
                  They played great, and their goalie was also very good, but we gave them all they could handle. And we controlled the game.
                  One goal was all that was needed.
                  I am blown away by the confidence that this team has built since January. Savory has a lot to do with that, but the team is also playing with energy and confidence.
                  One more time tonight.
                  LGR
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  Gary Player

Comment

Did you not see the simple word "if" starting the sentence you highlighted???? Come on J-man allow us to be excited, allow us to dream a bit. I have been fortunate enough to see this program and teams that were fabulous and exciting! I have been waiting to be able to even hint at the thought that we may be on the brink of something like that. Are we there yet? Spare me, we are 16-15-2 and that is not 35-2-1 or 34-6 by a long shot. But after years of being outscored, out hustled, out played, we are for the last couple months competitive. How many times have you seen us win both games in the North Country and almost win both games in Central NY in the same season? How many times have we had a goal tender pitch 5 shutouts in a season (and not playing in every game)?
                    I am pragmatic and conservative but after waiting and following for so long, allow us a little celebratory chatter. My expectations are somewhat higher than they were in September (they would almost have to be). But from now on, every game is most likely against a top contender and we can be knocked off at any time. But those of us who have been here through the best of times and the worst of times (sorry Mr. Dickens for stealing that line) are just proud of a group of boys and a coach who are giving us a little taste of what could be. Besides, we will not have the BMW for a few weeks yet - we are still a total Audi/Porsche household for now. It would, however be quite nice if our boys were still playing when that M340 arrives (expected late March or early April)

BTW - hope the broadcast goes well tonight, most likely will not be here for at least the first 2 periods. This is one of those nights I wish i was fully retired instead of semi retired.
                    Doc - in the victory haze last night I never responded to your post. I’m very jealous of you and Jenny - the 340 is a rocket ship on its own and the M package will be over the top. Hope you enjoy. One day I hope to get a 911 but it doesn’t manage the snow nor the kids the way I need right now.

Tonight is simple. “Just win Baby”. LGR
                    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      I think that the thing we forget about last nights game is the fact that Harvard controlled their own destiny. And they were playing at home.
                      They played great, and their goalie was also very good, but we gave them all they could handle. And we controlled the game.
                      One goal was all that was needed.
                      I am blown away by the confidence that this team has built since January. Savory has a lot to do with that, but the team is also playing with energy and confidence.
                      One more time tonight.
                      LGR
                      In a word -yup!!

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                        Doc - in the victory haze last night I never responded to your post. I’m very jealous of you and Jenny - the 340 is a rocket ship on its own and the M package will be over the top. Hope you enjoy. One day I hope to get a 911 but it doesn’t manage the snow nor the kids the way I need right now.

Tonight is simple. “Just win Baby”. LGR
                        The 911 is still the classic sports car but has been refined now so much that it has really moved into the comfort and luxury class. I am a traditionalist and my rear engine, stick shift Porsche was the single best car I ever owned. Reliable 100% (only saw a dealership for routine maintenance). Fast? After tweaking a bit and removing the catalytic converter and replacing with a straight stainless steel exhaust and a new computer chip, 0-60 in the 3.1-3.5 range. Once the exhaust was modified, sounded like a Porsche should. Handled like a dream with considerable oversteer and only got to truly appreciate it on those curvy mountain roads in the central Adirondacks. Their reputation is richly deserved.
                        But today, it is a different car and with only the automatic available here I can think of some other competitors. But for me the key was that it could be driven every day on every kind of road and in every weather condition. A sports car for sure, a driver's car for sure, but also something you did not have to lock up in the garage and drive only on clear sunny Sundays. hope you get one and enjoy (BTW the all wheel drive version in snow is extremely good - but it still is not an Audi in that regard)

Comment

I did not, Doc. Sorry 😊. Btw, I’m in Hanover and it’s COLD!
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Just remember that I chose Savory for today's RPI PtC. it is the first time that I have ever picked a goalie. That alone could spell D-O-O-M.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Just remember that I chose Savory for today's RPI PtC. it is the first time that I have ever picked a goalie. That alone could spell D-O-O-M.
                              Should have taken him LAST night. Of course, nobody else did either. And of course, I took Linden tonight instead of last night.

Comment

Working...
                              X