Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demcratic Challengers 11: Saving the Republic one voter at a time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Demcratic Challengers 11: Saving the Republic one voter at a time!

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    A million minutes ago Barbara Bush passed away.
    A billion minutes ago Emperor Trajan returned to Rome after pacifying Dacia.
    That's a fantastic comparison.

And that's exactly the difference between the rich and the super rich.

Scale matters.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

(I honestly dont care that Bernie is rich it just makes me laugh when he rails against the rich like he is some pauper out panhandling...though with that hair it would make sense )
      The amount of influence a billionaire has to potentially destroy democracy compared to a millionaire is pretty vast.

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      A Charlie Kirk tweet? Really? Bummer.
      I mean we always knew rube gets his fill of right wing media somewhere
      Last edited by trixR4kids; 03-02-2020, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        The amount of influence a billionaire has to potentially destroy democracy compared to a millionaire is pretty vast.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          That's a fantastic comparison..
          no it isn't.

there are less people in the u.s. who know who trajan is than are actual billionaires
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            no it isn't.

there are less people in the u.s. who know who trajan is than are actual billionaires
            Once again you've missed the point brilliantly. Probably intentionally. I bet the number of Americans who can grasp the difference between a modern event they have a memory of and the Roman Empire they read about in history books is much larger.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Once again you've missed the point brilliantly. Probably intentionally. I bet the number of Americans who can grasp the difference between a modern event they have a memory of and the Roman Empire they read about in history books is much larger.
              Please..... Don’t ever bet money
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                So your company will have to find a new way to compensate you for the $20,000 or risk losing you to a competitor. That's rough.
                And don’t forget that we’re going to tax dividends and capital gains as regular income and raise the top marginal rate to 50%. So even if the company “keeps” that $20k, $10k will still go to the government so they can , you know, provide health care for everyone while keeping tax rates on the lower brackets fair and reasonable.
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  And don’t forget that we’re going to tax dividends and capital gains as regular income and raise the top marginal rate to 50%. So even if the company “keeps” that $20k, $10k will still go to the government so they can , you know, provide health care for everyone while keeping tax rates on the lower brackets fair and reasonable.
                  jokes on you, my company doesn't pay taxes

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    jokes on you, my company doesn't pay taxes
                    I said nothing about corporate taxes.
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      That bothers me greatly: Hey, let's give stuff away....(wait, I get to keep my stuff, right?)
                      Not give stuff away.

Use the tax dollars collected by the government for things that will actually help average people. Not just big corporations and rich people.

See the difference yet?
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        You’ll have better cheaper healthcare, sure.
                        And now your company won't be paying for your healthcare, so they'll have more money to increase wages.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          He's not looking to tax you.
                          That's not true. According to Bernie himself I'm going to pay more in taxes (and it looks like more than I currently pay for healthcare).

I don't mind paying more taxes, but don't bull**** me.

Comment

so candidates spend a lot of time traveling, shaking hands, kissing babies

how long before one gets Covid-19?

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              That's not true. According to Bernie himself I'm going to pay more in taxes (and it looks like more than I currently pay for healthcare).

I don't mind paying more taxes, but don't bull**** me.
                              My bad, I didn't realize you and Rube were the same person.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I'd take under 100 with an IQ over 150.
                                Anyone with an IQ over 150 is either too smart to subject themselves to being a politician or not charismatic enough to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X