Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demcratic Challengers 11: Saving the Republic one voter at a time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Demcratic Challengers 11: Saving the Republic one voter at a time!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    No one cares what you think

(unless he carpetbags to your state )

He just doesn't strike me as the guy who will be running every two years. He has the stench of a career Senator who bored the heck out of people on committees
    Oh I definitely agree, and there's no way he carpetbags to Michigan. He's going to end up in a trendy purple or blue-leaning state. Michigan is still dying, just at a slower rate than the aughts ('00-'09).

But it doesn't matter, he won't be the nominee. And I might seriously be leaving Michigan this summer, it all depends on The Firm.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Well, you fine folks are the Last Frontier. Common clay of the New West and all that comes with that.
      No it's because we've had the same Representative since 1973.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        No it's because we've had the same Representative since 1973.
        MN on voting for Prez since 1972:

Who's running on the (D) ticket? Is he one of us? Oh, for sure, we'll vote for him! Wait, he's not one of us? Ah, heck, he'll do.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

Who's running on the (D) ticket? Is he one of us? Oh, for sure, we'll vote for him! Wait, he's not one of us? Ah, heck, he'll do.
          Can you honestly blame your fellow 'Sotans?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

No, this is different. We have one Rep in the House. And it's been the same f-ing person since 1973.

And the only reason he won initially is because his opponent died in a plane crash.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I vote in all the major years, primary and general, and I still get the shaming mailers accusing me of being an "infrequent voter". Sorry, as a single renter I can't be bothered to vote in the local school board and dog-catcher elections.
              Having worked in a school district, it's worth it to do a bit of research and vote. You don't want your area to become the Douglas Co School District.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                Having worked in a school district, it's worth it to do a bit of research and vote. You don't want your area to become the Douglas Co School District.
                If I had kids, or if I was planning to, I would care.

Comment

Can they determine your school tax rates / property taxes / whatnot?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Everyone should care about the quality of their local schools

Even if you don’t have kinds you don’t want a creationist on the school board

Comment

• Re: Demcratic Challengers 11: Saving the Republic one voter at a time!

Oh I definitely agree, and there's no way he carpetbags to Michigan. He's going to end up in a trendy purple or blue-leaning state. Michigan is still dying, just at a slower rate than the aughts ('00-'09).

But it doesn't matter, he won't be the nominee. And I might seriously be leaving Michigan this summer, it all depends on The Firm.

You are a bit older than I thought

I wouldnt want to answer to these guys:

Last edited by Handyman; 02-29-2020, 07:51 AM.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Can they determine your school tax rates / property taxes / whatnot?
                        If you're a renter, as I believe he said he was, not his problem.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: Demcratic Challengers 11: Saving the Republic one voter at a time!

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          Renters pay property tax too, its just figured into the rent.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Rents won’t increase as prop taxes do?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Depends where one lives as well, but the town Mookie grew up in had a 1% income tax for schools.
                              Funding varies across the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Rents won’t increase as prop taxes do?
                                Rents will increase if property tax stays the same or even goes down, so I don't accept your argument.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X