Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demcratic Challengers 11: Saving the Republic one voter at a time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Demcratic Challengers 11: Saving the Republic one voter at a time!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Actually in South Carolina, it was probably Republicans deliberately trying to throw the election to Biden, who will then turn around and vote for Dump in the General.
    Trump encouraged supporters in South Carolina to vote for Sanders:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/28/polit...ary/index.html

Ukraine and his obsession over the Biden family shows who Trump is the most afraid of.

Comment

The circular argument around Manchin is hilarious. Well if you primary him and the left person beats Manchin then they'll lose even though they were more popular than Manchin! Therefore primarying Manchin guarantees the seat goes to the GOP because this super popular senator lost to someone more popular and this totally makes sense!
      Originally posted by unofan View Post
      You don't cave to terrorists. Thanks for proving that Bernie Bros. will act like them.
      Nobody proved anything and it's sad that I need to explain this to a lawyer lmfao.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        So assuming this is true we probably shouldn't vote for Biden because that will lead to Trump. Thanks for making my case for me!
        That you took that out of that statement...is sad.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
          Yeah but you're sorta ignoring the part where the party put its foot firmly on the scale to keep Manchin in power. With a progressive democrat as president this could change.
          And a progressive democrat in that state gets trounced by any Republican.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            The circular argument around Manchin is hilarious. Well if you primary him and the left person beats Manchin then they'll lose even though they were more popular than Manchin! Therefore primarying Manchin guarantees the seat goes to the GOP because this super popular senator lost to someone more popular and this totally makes sense!
            holy **** you're a ****ing idiot. Manchin needs conservatives to vote for him in WV. Trump got over 68% of the vote in WV. You think some of those people will split the ticket between Trump and someone to the left of Manchin?

When Manchin is gone, WV is lost. The pipeline of old-school conservative Democrats that Trump supporting West Virginians will vote for is going to dry up.
            Last edited by BassAle; 03-03-2020, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Except for the part where we don't.
              Stop pretending you speak for all Bernie backers. I am one and you definitely dont speak for me

And there are plenty that do. That you purposefully avoid them doesnt mean they dont exist. I purposefully avoid my parents but trust me they still exist
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                That you took that out of that statement...is sad.
                You're the one making the case that Bernie voters will only vote for Bernie. That's a sizable chunk of the electorate. If Biden wins then by your theory he's going to lose to Trump. So, if you're voting strategically, and you think the opposite isn't true, it's pretty obvious that you should vote for Bernie in this case if your main concern is beating Trump. Do I need to break this down any further or can a SCCC grad follow this?
                Originally posted by rufus View Post
                And a progressive democrat in that state gets trounced by any Republican.
                Yes a prog democrat beats the super popular unbeatable D senator and then loses in the general because ~reasons~ is a good argument.

Comment

Yes a prog democrat beats the super popular unbeatable D senator and then loses in the general because ~reasons~ is a good argument.
                  the electorate in the primary is much different from the electorate in the general (that will vote 2:1 for Trump)

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    holy **** you're a ****ing idiot. Manchin needs conservatives to vote for him in WV. Trump got over 68% of the vote in WV. You think some of those people will split the ticket between Trump and someone to the left of Manchin?

When Manchin is gone, WV is lost. The pipeline of old-school conservative Democrats that Trump supporting West Virginians will vote for is going to dry up.
                    There is no winning by trying to force WV into progressivism. D candidates should be allowed to meet the needs of their constituents. As long as Joe isn’t voting with Rs on the big things.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      If a progressive wins against Manchin then this clearly isn't the case. Not saying it's super likely to happen, he'd probably survive the challenge but in the hypothetical where someone to the left beats him then the dynamic has clearly changed from what you're describing. And yes Trump won bigly against Hillary, good thing we're not nominating Hillary for this hypothetical challenge.
                      Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      As long as Joe isn’t voting with Rs on the big things.
                      He kinda is though.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Actually this is not correct. The parties can do whatever they want to select their candidate. Given how things are turning out I'd have to say Perez has done just as bad a job as the last chair. If the party wants a Democratic system they can employ a Democratic system. But, they don't have to. Hell, the Presidential election isn't Democratic either.
                        I know they can do what they want. And I can complain that their procedures and plans are stupid and make them all hypocrites. That is the beauty of this country Scooby

2016 Dems: Bernie should accept the results and support Clinton!
                        2020 Dems: We dont like the results so we gotta stop Bernie!

Sounds about right for a bungling bunch of nimrods like the current Democratic Party.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                          the electorate in the primary is much different from the electorate in the general (that will vote 2:1 for Trump)
                          It is but not necessarily in the way you're describing in which Hillary is the candidate who offers literally nothing to the ppl of WVA.

Comment

If a progressive wins against Manchin then this clearly isn't the case.
                            general election != primary

Bernie isn't winning WV either

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              I know they can do what they want. And I can complain that their procedures and plans are stupid and make them all hypocrites. That is the beauty of this country Scooby

Sounds about right for a bungling bunch of nimrods like the current Democratic Party.
                              Bernie isn't a lock for winning the plurality of delegates.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

Today's results should help the model settle down a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

The blew it when they hired Perez. At this point we just have to hope the voters salvage whatever is left.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X