Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demcratic Challengers 11: Saving the Republic one voter at a time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Demcratic Challengers 11: Saving the Republic one voter at a time!

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    It's not my fault you don't understand how politics work. And if he doesn't get the nominee then enjoy four more years of Trump lol.
    Bernie is the only one who can win? Really?
    Well i suppose since all you Bernie Bros are going to pout and stay home.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by psych View Post
      It’s Manchin or no one with a D next to their name in WV. If he gets primaried, even if that candidate defeats him, that person loses in a landslide in WV. It’s like Collin Peterson of MN in the House, who represented me for two decades., and who happens to be the Democrat in the most Trumpy seat. Once he retires, it’s guaranteed to go red. Collin Peterson and Joe Manchin are far more reliable D votes than any Republican who would replace them. So, if you’re President Sanders, do you want Joe Manchin voting with 60% of your priorities, or a Republican voting with 10% or less? I hope Sanders doesn’t take your route and primary these people.
      This is nice and all but there isn't much to support this theory. The state has mostly had blue senators since like 1950. Paula Jean Swearingen got more votes in the dem primary than anyone on the R side of the aisle despite having like 6 figures to spend on her campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        Bernie is the only one who can win? Really?
        Well i suppose since all you Bernie Bros are going to pout and stay home.
        Ok? So we should elect Bernie and you won't have to worry about the latter. Sounds like a better strategy to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
          This is nice and all but there isn't much to support this theory. The state has mostly had blue senators since like 1950. Paula Jean Swearingen got more votes in the dem primary than anyone on the R side of the aisle despite having like 6 figures to spend on her campaign.
          WVa. is like Kentucky. It elects Democrats, yes, but Joe Manchin and Jim Justice (whoops) type Democrats, not Swearingen-type Democrats, who lost 70-30% to Manchin just two years ago, a margin of ~60,000 votes.

Comment

WVa. is like Kentucky. It elects Democrats, yes, but Joe Manchin and Jim Justice (whoops) type Democrats, not Swearingen-type Democrats, who lost 70-30% to Manchin just two years ago, a margin of ~60,000 votes.
            Yeah but you're sorta ignoring the part where the party put its foot firmly on the scale to keep Manchin in power. With a progressive democrat as president this could change.

Comment

You're wasting your time.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Ok? So we should elect Bernie and you won't have to worry about the latter. Sounds like a better strategy to me.
                Again, we'll vote for whoever the nominee is, you Bernie Bros can't and won't say the same.
                So if he doesn't get the nomination, it'll be you guys to blame for Trump. Enjoy that.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Again, we'll vote for whoever the nominee is, you Bernie Bros can't and won't say the same.
                  So if he doesn't get the nomination, it'll be you guys to blame for Trump. Enjoy that.
                  So assuming this is true we probably shouldn't vote for Biden because that will lead to Trump. Thanks for making my case for me!

Comment

Yeah but you're sorta ignoring the part where the party put its foot firmly on the scale to keep Manchin in power. With a progressive democrat as president this could change.
                    Of course they want Manchin to win. They know Swearengin would lose. I’m not certain that West Virginians are all that concerned with what Washington, DC wants out of them, though. And, it’s already apparent Manchin doesn’t give a s**t. I doubt he was touting in his campaign ads that DC Democrats wanted him to win. I see one where he’s got a gun in his hands. Both DC Democrats and Manchin know that having their public backing is not an asset in West Virginia. You play to win on the map you’re given. Manchin isn’t a progressive, but he’s a Democrat who can win in West Virginia. If a President Sanders manages to steer some kind of healthcare expansion through both houses of Congress, Joe Manchin will be voting ‘yes’ on that bill and others that really count.

Comment

If Tester and Manchin go out of their way to sabotage the agenda of Bernie then they get primaried (which probably needs to happen before Manchin becomes a Republican anyhow). Also the president has executive power they can wield which he somehow just conveniently ignores.
                      Manchin is better than any republican that would replace him. He could have killed Obamacare or voted against impeachment, both of which would have played well back home, but he didn't. You primary him and put up someone significantly to his left, then that puts the senate majority even further out of the Democrat's reach.

Suggesting we primary Manchin is lunacy.

Comment

Of course they want Manchin to win. They know Swearengin would lose.
                        There's literally no evidence to support this lol. If she got more votes in the primary than anyone on the R side then how exactly is she a guarantee to lose the general?

The reality is the party likes to protect incumbents, especially the more conservative ones like Manchin and even pro-life ones like Tester.

I doubt he was touting in his campaign ads that DC Democrats wanted him to win. I see one where he’s got a gun in his hands. Both DC Democrats and Manchin know that having their public backing is not an asset in West Virginia.
                        Who do you think pays for all these ads? He also got an endorsement from high ranking dems right before voting happened.
                        Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        Manchin is better than any republican that would replace him. He could have killed Obamacare or voted against impeachment, both of which would have played well back home, but he didn't. You primary him and put up someone significantly to his left, then that puts the senate majority even further out of the Democrat's reach.

He could've voted against drunky mc-rapist too but he didn't. And just blindly waving your arms and asserting something is true doesn't make it so.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post

This, in more succinct terms than I used.

Comment

He's your mini-me Kep! You might want to give trix a timeout and have a chat with him.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

So assuming this is true we probably shouldn't vote for Biden because that will lead to Trump. Thanks for making my case for me!
                              You don't cave to terrorists. Thanks for proving that Bernie Bros. will act like them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                It's always marketing.
                                Speaking of old and cynical.......
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X