Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demcratic Challengers 11: Saving the Republic one voter at a time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Demcratic Challengers 11: Saving the Republic one voter at a time!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    So Sanders is bad because he is too revolutionary. And Sanders is bad because he doesn't acknowledge the brokenness we live in. Simultaneously.
    I gotta say, the narratives the last week or so have been hilarious to watch.

Look as someone who supported Warren until it became clear she had little chance I see no reason to vote for her now. It is mostly a wasted vote and in truth I want her trounced so badly she drops. Not because I dont support her, I absolutely do! But because we need this to drop down to the final 3 (it should be too but Bloomberg has to ruin everything) and finally get to the meat of this. The longer she sticks around the more likely this goes to the convention.

The Progressives need their Candidate and the Moderates need theirs and they need to fight it out for control. If that means Biden fine but this beauty contest needs to die. The Moderates played it smart they got their "lessers" out and supporting their clear leader. Time for the Progressives to do the same. It was always going to come down to this (maybe not these two candidates but these wings fighting) so lets get it going. Winner take all let the best man win.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      2016 Dems: Bernie should accept the finalresults and support Clinton!
      2020 Dems: We dont like the early results so we gotta stop Bernie by consolidating around one candidate to get more votes!
      FTFY. Don't be mad that the Dems learned from the GOP's disaster 4 years ago when it came to Trump.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          2020 Dems: We dont like the results so we gotta stop Bernie!
          We have results? Is it June already? I thought I slept really well last night.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            There's literally no evidence to support this lol. If she got more votes in the primary than anyone on the R side then how exactly is she a guarantee to lose the general?

The reality is the party likes to protect incumbents, especially the more conservative ones like Manchin and even pro-life ones like Tester.

Who do you think pays for all these ads? He also got an endorsement from high ranking dems right before voting happened.He could've voted against drunky mc-rapist too but he didn't. And just blindly waving your arms and asserting something is true doesn't make it so.
            It's math, trix. If Democrats wanted Swearengin to be their Democratic nominee in West Virginia, they would have voted for her in greater numbers than Manchin in their own primary. Quite simply, they didn't. While, yes, as you mention, Swearengin won more votes than any one Republican nominee in their primary, Manchin won around the same number of votes as their top three candidates combined. Your math is correct - and so is the math I used. Based on reading s**t from people who research this stuff for a living, and therefore know more than me, Manchin is considered one of the most popular senators in the country. If the Democrats living there are truly Democrats, like you say they are (and I agree), they're saying, with their vote, they'll stay Democrat as long as Joe Manchin is their senator. By contrast, in the state I have currently lived in for the past decade, Mitch McConnell has dominated senate races here, despite facing some considerable competition. Furthermore, in some of those same polls I mentioned about Manchin, McConnell is considered one of the most unpopular senators - the exact opposite of Joe Manchin. Yet, we just elected Andy Beshear as our Governor, a moderate Democrat, but a Democrat nonetheless. His bumper sticker is on my car, and yard sign is still up near my sidewalk. Amy McGrath's will be going up shortly. My previous car had a Bernie Sanders 2016 sticker on it. I had the pleasure of attending a rally of his here, and I voted for him in the primary. When you live in a state which is ancestrally Democratic, but trending Republican federally (again, Wva and Ky), you take any Democratic win you can get - even if you're a progressive at heart. I would prefer a Bernie Sanders' style governor over my current, more Joe Biden type one, but I'll DEFINITELY take my Joe Biden type governor over the Donald Trump type one we previously had. A few positive things are better than no positive things.

Tl;dr: It's math.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              The circular argument around Manchin is hilarious. Well if you primary him and the left person beats Manchin then they'll lose even though they were more popular than Manchin! Therefore primarying Manchin guarantees the seat goes to the GOP because this super popular senator lost to someone more popular and this totally makes sense!Nobody proved anything and it's sad that I need to explain this to a lawyer lmfao.
              You do understand there is a different between democrats voting in a primary election and al voters voting in a general election right?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                FTFY. Don't be mad that the Dems learned from the GOP's disaster 4 years ago when it came to Trump.
                They had an easy solution. As far as I know he's still not a Democrat. They could have forced him to join the party to participate in debates, get on the ballot, etc.

Instead they did this.

• Sanders has signed a pledge to the Democratic National Committee to run and serve as a Democrat if elected president. The pledge is new for 2020, and it stems from questions in some Democratic circles about his party affiliation.
                https://www.politifact.com/article/2...-primary-when/

That allowed Sanders to have it both ways. Should have been unacceptable and it would have prevented a lot of shenanigans.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  You should have heard him speak. He had a fantastic vision and in the end the President is a hood ornament.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by psych View Post
                    It's math, trix. If Democrats wanted Swearengin to be their Democratic nominee in West Virginia, they would have voted for her in greater numbers than Manchin in their own primary. Quite simply, they didn't. While, yes, as you mention, Swearengin won more votes than any one Republican nominee in their primary, Manchin won around the same number of votes as their top three candidates combined. Your math is correct - and so is the math I used.
                    Yes, you're also ignoring the fact that the dem establishment poured tons of money and endorsements into getting him re-elected which wouldn't happen in a scenario where we have a more progressive president at the top with more resources to get people elected down ballot. You're not wrong about the math, you're potentially wrong about what happens if the dynamic changes considerably from what it currently is in which the party puts its foot on the scale to help Manchin win big over a school teacher with minimal resources.
                    Last edited by trixR4kids; 03-03-2020, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      You're the one making the case that Bernie voters will only vote for Bernie. That's a sizable chunk of the electorate. If Biden wins then by your theory he's going to lose to Trump. So, if you're voting strategically, and you think the opposite isn't true, it's pretty obvious that you should vote for Bernie in this case if your main concern is beating Trump. Do I need to break this down any further or can a SCCC grad follow this?
                      Yes a prog democrat beats the super popular unbeatable D senator and then loses in the general because ~reasons~ is a good argument.
                      Is your only insult my education?
                      The point is...for like the 50th ****ing time...is if Bernie doesn't get the nomination, Bernie Bros have publicly stated they aren't voting because to them the process will again have been rigged.
                      The only group of supporters I have seen this from is the Bernie Bros...you talk about unity, but only for Bernie. THAT is a problem you ****wit.
                      You claim only Bernie can beat Trump, which is NOT true, but it will be true if Bernie Bros decide to pout like children when their Golden Idol doesn't win the nomination and stay home.
                      Yeah, everyone else is the problem, not you.
                      But go ahead, take more shots at my education...as though that's valid to anything.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        There is no winning by trying to force WV into progressivism. D candidates should be allowed to meet the needs of their constituents. As long as Joe isn’t voting with Rs on the big things.
                        Yes Manchin is beholden to his voters as much as he is the Party. As long as he is with us on the big stuff let him do what he has to to stay in office. That is Party Politics 101.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Is your only insult my education?
                          The point is...for like the 50th ****ing time...is if Bernie doesn't get the nomination, Bernie Bros have publicly stated they aren't voting because to them the process will again have been rigged.
                          The only group of supporters I have seen this from is the Bernie Bros...you talk about unity, but only for Bernie. THAT is a problem you ****wit.
                          You claim only Bernie can beat Trump, which is NOT true, but it will be true if Bernie Bros decide to pout like children when their Golden Idol doesn't win the nomination and stay home.
                          Yeah, everyone else is the problem, not you.
                          But go ahead, take more shots at my education...as though that's valid to anything.
                          You've already explained in your own words why only Bernie can beat Trump in your whining about Bernie bros but then keep doubling back and arguing that others can beat Trump too which is why this is hilarious.
                          Last edited by trixR4kids; 03-03-2020, 12:57 PM.

Comment

All you Biden voters are going to feel pretty stupid when (not if, but when) Bernie ascends into heaven and judges the righteous from the wicked.
                            Last edited by Rover; 03-03-2020, 12:59 PM.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              All you Biden voters are going feel pretty stupid when (not if, but when) Bernie ascends into heaven and judges the righteous from the wicked.
                              He'll be seated at the left hand of the Father?
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                He'll be seated at the left hand of the Father?
                                He IS the Father. You're getting smited for that.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X