Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demcratic Challengers 11: Saving the Republic one voter at a time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Demcratic Challengers 11: Saving the Republic one voter at a time!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I think that helps. It's far easier to retain your ideals when the world is Good vs Evil (2000 - present) then it is when both parties are a cartel colluding to serve the Plutes and keep the rest of rest of us divided (1980 - 2000).
    The problem you guys are going to discover in the next decade or so is this. You shot your wad on defining the Republicans. In politics, for purposes of arguing you're good and the other side is evil, you really can't go any further than calling someone the party of autocratic, fascist, nazi dictators (a/k/a: Hitler).

Now what?

You have to raise the fear level or people stop being afraid. What's the next step?
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      The problem you guys are going to discover in the next decade or so is this. You shot your wad on defining the Republicans. In politics, for purposes of arguing you're good and the other side is evil, you really can't go any further than calling someone the party of autocratic, fascist, nazi dictators (a/k/a: Hitler).

Now what?

You have to raise the fear level or people stop being afraid. What's the next step?
      Your problem is you don't realize it isn't marketing. You don't have a mirror.

The "next step" is the right stops being fascist or it loses national elections in perpetuity or it tries to end democracy. So. Pick.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hovey just sounds like the never Trumpers who lied us into a war in Iraq and paved the way for Trump but don't actually want to accept any complicity and so they say, "the left did this!".

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Good grief, this explains a lot.
          Your response perfectly encapsulates what I was struggling to politely post.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            "Those who have betrayed their ideals will encourage you to betray yours."
            "You grow up and you calm down. Start working for the Clampdown"
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              If Tester and Manchin go out of their way to sabotage the agenda of Bernie then they get primaried (which probably needs to happen before Manchin becomes a Republican anyhow). Also the president has executive power they can wield which he somehow just conveniently ignores.
              I don't see any DINO having an incentive to "sabotage." Either you flip parties or you start to navigate towards the new political reality as Overton begins to slip back towards sanity.

Manchin's gone, no doubt. Tester, I dunno. He has that rural prole old school prairie Democratic persona that might rhyme with Bernie. Hurt the banks and forgive farm debt. Or whatever people out there are into besides meth.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                "You grow up and you calm down. Start working for the Clampdown"
                No man born with a livin' soul
                Can be (workin' for the clampdown)
                Cornell University

Comment

Hovey just sounds like the never Trumpers who lied us into a war in Iraq and paved the way for Trump but don't actually want to accept any complicity and so they say, "the left did this!".
                  Yep.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I don't see any DINO having an incentive to "sabotage." Either you flip parties or you start to navigate towards the new political reality as Overton begins to slip back towards sanity.

Manchin's gone, no doubt. Tester, I dunno. He has that rural prole old school prairie Democratic persona that might rhyme with Bernie. Hurt the banks and forgive farm debt. Or whatever people out there are into besides meth.
                    Right, I guess I'm just saying that even if Bernie can't get his agenda through on day 1 we're still in a better position to get it passed long term than if we just elect Biden and he puts Neera Tanden and some other morons in charge of everything.

Comment

Your problem is you don't realize it isn't marketing. You don't have a mirror.

The "next step" is the right stops being fascist or it loses national elections in perpetuity or it tries to end democracy. So. Pick.
                      It's always marketing.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Right, I guess I'm just saying that even if Bernie can't get his agenda through on day 1 we're still in a better position to get it passed long term than if we just elect Biden and he puts Neera Tanden and some other morons in charge of everything.
                        This makes no sense. Even with Sanders heading the ticket how many Senate seats are you expecting to win in 2020? Assuming that Doug Jones is doomed (or is Bernie going to win Alabama too ) any Dem Senate majority is going to be narrow. Are you willing to let Manchin join the GOP and allow the Republicans to retain the Senate? That's not really a deal anyone should make.

I'm saying whoever wins the Presidency for the Dems, it doesn't change what progressives have to do. You need to start taking over Senate seats in 2022 (the 2020 field is already set for the most part) with the contests I listed previously. Electing a progressive in WI who will defeat idiot Ron Johnson or in VT if Leahy retires doesn't hinge on whether Biden or Sanders is the President. You need to turn out and vote regardless.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Right, I guess I'm just saying that even if Bernie can't get his agenda through on day 1 we're still in a better position to get it passed long term than if we just elect Biden and blah, blah, blah...
                          Why do you post so much based upon wishful thinking instead of reality? And you better get come around on all this because Bernie is not going to get the nom.

Comment

Yes, winning the senate is a priority no matter who gets elected. One candidate at the top would be more likely than the other to put downward pressure on those who vote against M4A or a GND whether they have a R or D next to their name. And Manchin joining the GOP is something he's floated since forever in which case you need to find a solid candidate to replace him if he does or primary him if he votes against progressive legislation. Also you're not as likely to get a progressive in WI or VT or whatever if Biden is president.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Why do you post so much based upon wishful thinking instead of reality? And you better get come around on all this because Bernie is not going to get the nom.
                              It's not my fault you don't understand how politics work. And if he doesn't get the nominee then enjoy four more years of Trump lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Yes, winning the senate is a priority no matter who gets elected. One candidate at the top would be more likely than the other to put downward pressure on those who vote against M4A or a GND whether they have a R or D next to their name. And Manchin joining the GOP is something he's floated since forever in which case you need to find a solid candidate to replace him if he does or primary him if he votes against progressive legislation. Also you're not as likely to get a progressive in WI or VT or whatever if Biden is president.
                                It’s Manchin or no one with a D next to their name in WV. If he gets primaried, even if that candidate defeats him, that person loses in a landslide in WV. It’s like Collin Peterson of MN in the House, who represented me for two decades., and who happens to be the Democrat in the most Trumpy seat. Once he retires, it’s guaranteed to go red. Collin Peterson and Joe Manchin are far more reliable D votes than any Republican who would replace them. So, if you’re President Sanders, do you want Joe Manchin voting with 60% of your priorities, or a Republican voting with 10% or less? I hope Sanders doesn’t take your route and primary these people.

Comment

Working...
                                X