Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demcratic Challengers 11: Saving the Republic one voter at a time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Demcratic Challengers 11: Saving the Republic one voter at a time!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    At least senile biden has surrounded (actively or passively) himself by people who know how to work the system. My biggest fear is that Bernie's supporters want to just burn it down.
    Oh please. Bernie has been a politician for almost as long as I have been alive. He isnt going to burn down anything. I know no one on either side of the argument wants to hear it but he isnt the revolutionary figure you all seem to think he is. He is a career politician who is just farther Left than most. He cant burn the system down because he is, in fact, the system. Trump had never held any office he truly was Anti-Establishment...Bernie is the Establishment.

It is rather crazy how polarizing he is. His backers think he is the Messiah Incarnate and his detractors think he is Fidel ready to topple everything, drink turpentine and **** on the smoldering ashes of it. Good lord it is kind ridiculous the closer we get to the end.

On another note: if this comes down to the superdelegates and they choose the candidate...the Dems are dead in the water. I mean really dead...like it will be over quick. If the SDs pick Biden or Bloomberg the Progressives will riot (as they should) and the narrative from the Convention til the Election will be how the whole thing was a screw job and the Dems are running an unpopular candidate. That is why the Party is getting the Lessers to drop and try and give Biden a boost. They know if they have a brokered convention and it leads to Biden or Mikey B they might as well just save the money and run no one. They cant hide it...all eyes are on them to stop Trump. They try and rig it and say hello to the Trump Dynasty.
    Last edited by Handyman; 03-02-2020, 09:16 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

If they all catch coronavirus, at least one will die.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

My father...is 100% behind Bernie. He literally called me to tell me cause he knew I would be happy. (I get my Progressive Ideals from him) I told him I was a bit shocked since he is such a deficit hawk in his old age and he basically said "If we are going broke anyways, might as well do it for the right reasons". He finally seems to get what I have been telling him since 2000...the GOP he remembers is gone. (he didnt much like them either mind you) At least the Dems will tax and spend not cut taxes and spend.

Even though he watches a lot of Faux he still knows who is taking away Rights from people as well. Since he (like me) is a card carrying member of the ACLU (and a criminal who hates what States like Florida do to the rights of the rehabilitated) he couldnt do it anymore.

I was going to vote Liz but honestly I think she is DOA I will vote Bernie and hope Warren drops and endorses fast.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Oh please. Bernie has been a politician for almost as long as I have been alive. He isnt going to burn down anything. I know no one on either side of the argument wants to hear it but he isnt the revolutionary figure you all seem to think he is. He is a career politician who is just farther Left than most. He cant burn the system down because he is, in fact, the system. Trump had never held any office he truly was Anti-Establishment...Bernie is the Establishment.

It is rather crazy how polarizing he is. His backers think he is the Messiah Incarnate and his detractors think he is Fidel ready to topple everything, drink turpentine and **** on the smoldering ashes of it. Good lord it is kind ridiculous the closer we get to the end.

On another note: if this comes down to the superdelegates and they choose the candidate...the Dems are dead in the water. I mean really dead...like it will be over quick. If the SDs pick Biden or Bloomberg the Progressives will riot (as they should) and the narrative from the Convention til the Election will be how the whole thing was a screw job and the Dems are running an unpopular candidate. That is why the Party is getting the Lessers to drop and try and give Biden a boost. They know if they have a brokered convention and it leads to Biden or Mikey B they might as well just save the money and run no one. They cant hide it...all eyes are on them to stop Trump. They try and rig it and say hello to the Trump Dynasty.
          This was Bernie’s unity plan. The progressives can get rightly ****ed if Bernie doesn’t have a majority and he doesn’t get the nod. He’s the only candidate who had people on the committee to come up with this system.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            This was Bernie’s unity plan. The progressives can get rightly ****ed if Bernie doesn’t have a majority and he doesn’t get the nod. He’s the only candidate who had people on the committee to come up with this system.
            Good attitude...the only ones that will be ****ed is us because a superdelegate candidate will lose the General. And it will not be close. Hell if they chose Bernie he would lose. This is the crap that gets Dems in trouble ALL THE TIME! Why do these clowns have more say than the average person does?

If they want a brokered convention that is one thing...that is fun to watch and the backstabbing and maneuvering will be great! (plus candidates will have to find ways to earn votes of states not random Party Elites some of whom answer to no one) If they let a bunch of party elites make the decision countermanding the will of the people (and lets be honest that is what we seem to be talking about Bernie is leading but didnt hit the number) it will be arguably the worst thing to happen to the Party since Michael Dukakis. The amount of bad press that will follow will be insane. Trump will win bigger...and not by a little.

The Superdelegates should have been ousted after 2016. They serve no purpose except to make sure that nothing they dont approve of gets done. If every one of them endorsed Bernie tomorrow I would still want them out of the process too so dont even start that BS.
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So he gets to play the “It’s rigged!” Card even though he made the rules?

Right.
              Code:

Comment

https://twitter.com/cam_joseph/statu...758237696?s=19
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Take it from Joe himself: be sure to vote on Super Thursday!

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/wa...ne-behind-him/

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    Oh my pearls. Obviously we can't possibly support him. Let's just make Sniffles president-for-life.
                    tempting...
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      So he gets to play the “It’s rigged!” Card even though he made the rules?

Right.
                      Who cares if he does or he doesn't it will look rigged and you know it. Stop being intentionally obtuse because you don't like Bernie Bros you can't be Rover

Tell me though why should the Superdelegates ever get a say? Who the bleep are they to decide?

And Bernie didn't make the rules...he compromised on making the rules less awful. The Dems don't know how to run a nomination they have proven it my whole life.

But explain to me how it will be good if that happens. Tell me how that will get people in Michigan to decide to vote. Hell it would make me not want to vote (I still will) because it will prove I don't matter to the Party at all and I would rather they at least pretend.
                      Last edited by Handyman; 03-02-2020, 10:58 PM.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Tell me though why should the Superdelegates ever get a say?
                        So we don’t end up with our own Trump (not saying that’s Bernie)

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Why do these clowns have more say than the average person does?
                          cause the average person is stupid
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Bernie created super delegates, I’m an informed follower of politics!

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              So we don’t end up with our own Trump (not saying that’s Bernie)
                              So the way to be Democratic is to...not be Democratic? You honestly dont see the stupidity of this? Not to mention this belief that Biden coming out of a convention in such a way would somehow beat Trump is laughable.

I am consistent about this in 2008 when rumors were the SDs were going to block Obama I was railing on them then. (Rover took much umbrage to this) You dont get to be a party that is "trying to save the country from a tyrant" and act like tyrants while doing so. That isnt how this works. The ends dont justify the means. A brokered convention is one thing...this is subverting the will of the many for the gain of the elite few. That isnt preventing Trump it is just doing what he does only to your own people not the other side. We whine he is a President with a minority share of support, and yet some are advocating for the possibility of a candidate to run against him with a minority share of support.

And lets not even get into how many of these clowns rail on the Electoral College all day long and how that makes them a hypocrite in this conversation.

It doesnt matter who the candidate is...the SDs should have no power. They should be behind the scenes wheeling and dealing, not handpicking the candidate they like because...REASONS. That is anti-Democratic and it is a stupid losing strategy.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Harry Reid endorsed Biden...further proof you shouldnt vote for him
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X