NCAA equivalent to the Norris trophy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA equivalent to the Norris trophy?

They Hobey Baker is meant for the top player. Technically anyone can win it but it typically goes to a high scoring forward. Goalies now have the Richter to compete for. How long until the NCAA adds an award for top defenseman similar to the NHL’s Norris? Am I missing something? It sounds like an easy add.

Re: NCAA equivalent to the Norris trophy?

Originally posted by slowe View Post
    They Hobey Baker is meant for the top player. Technically anyone can win it but it typically goes to a high scoring forward. Goalies now have the Richter to compete for. How long until the NCAA adds an award for top defenseman similar to the NHL’s Norris? Am I missing something? It sounds like an easy add.
    I think a Best Defenceman trophy would be good, but if you're asking if you missed anything, we could be here forever trying to catch up to NHL awards. Calder, Ross, Smythe, Byng, Lindsay, Jennings, Richard, Messier, Selke, Vezina and a bunch more I can't think of right now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: NCAA equivalent to the Norris trophy?

Originally posted by slowe View Post
      I think it's a decent idea for an award, but it's not like defensemen are consistently shut out of the Hobey like goalies are. D men have won 2 of the last 3, and won 3 in the last decade as well.

Comment

Working...
      X