There are no words for such idiocy.
    There’s no limit on how low the GOP will go for a Supreme Court seat

Comment

• Re: The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Originally posted by burd View Post
      There are no words for such idiocy.
      I believe the words are
      "self over country"
      or "America first"...which just means I got mine, so screw the rest of you.

The people that can afford masks and go off peak times to the polls, or the ones that are ignoring the threat all together are the ones that are more likely to vote Republican. Things are going exactly as planned.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        There’s no limit on how low the GOP will go for a Supreme Court seat
        Yes, this is on the GOP, but Evers handled this very poorly as well.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Yes, this is on the GOP, but Evers handled this very poorly as well.
          My understanding is he can't cancel or postpone the election, only the legislature can. So what was he supposed to do?

Comment

He called a session which the GOP made worthless- at least that’s what I read. Not sure what else has transpired the last two weeks and he’s hamstrung by the state GOP who also stripped his powers before he even started

Comment

He called a session which the GOP made worthless- at least that’s what I read. Not sure what else has transpired the last two weeks and he’s hamstrung by the state GOP who also stripped his powers before he even started
              He initially tried to keep the election date and change it to mail-in ballot. Not a "wrong" idea, but he out to have known it would only feed into the Rs' hands.

Comment

“ Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers issued an executive order suspending in-person voting in Tuesday’s elections, citing the intensifying health threat of the coronavirus pandemic. The abrupt move came after the GOP-controlled state legislature refused to postpone the vote during a special session Evers (D) called on Saturday.”

Comment

“ Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers issued an executive order suspending in-person voting in Tuesday’s elections, citing the intensifying health threat of the coronavirus pandemic. The abrupt move came after the GOP-controlled state legislature refused to postpone the vote during a special session Evers (D) called on Saturday.”
                  That's going to be a fun constitutional question.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The in person part or the executive order part? Because I believe Ohio postponed without any technical authority given to the governor but it was sped through and upheld by their Supreme Court.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Evers should up the ante and arrest the state congressional leaders for attempted murder.
                      Last edited by bronconick; 04-06-2020, 04:26 PM.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        He could cause mass chaos if he closed the liquor stores

And yes I know why they’re open.

Comment

Jesus

Comment

(1) Am I right to assume this BS will continue until the Dems control the WI state leg?

(2) How likely is that to happen?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Jesus

Kelly's campaign has been sending out a lot of literature. Last week I received a flyer that, among other things, promised that he would "interpret the Constitution the way it was written." Not too bright a thing to say if you want to reach those with a brain, but it will whoosh right by the original intent dupes.

Wisconsin has a great progressive history, but it has completely lost its way at the hands of the rural right.

Comment

Wisconsin Supreme Court blocks Evers. Whee
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X