The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Yeah, I see your point, what with Joey and Chandler having swastikas all over their apartment and everything.

Any real Georgians bearing any resemblance to Bo or Luke would unquestionably be racist as F, and the show, pardon the term, whitewashed that aspect completely. If someone wanted to create an infomercial pushing the narrative that it’s possible to be good people while casually, meaninglessly displaying racist symbols, you could scarcely do better. There is no question that the show moved the use of the Confederate Battle Flag toward the mainstream - it made it just a little bit more okay to display it. “No, I’m not racist, just a big fan of Bo and Luke.”
    Last edited by LynahFan; 06-05-2020, 10:10 PM.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
      Yeah, I see your point, what with Joey and Chandler having swastikas all over their apartment and everything.

Any real Georgians bearing any resemblance to Bo or Luke would unquestionably be racist as F.
      Stereotype much?

Any black person "keepin' it real" would be a hustler, too, right? Otherwise they are sellouts?
      Any northerner cannot be racist, because they fought against slavery back in the day, right?
      All Minnesotans love lutefisk.
      All women (especially Asian) are bad drivers.

Your post is one of the most inane ones I've seen in quite a while.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Where else?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            "Florida Woman Arrested For Hamburger Battery As State Begins Returning To Normal"

Best Title EVER!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

How many negro actors cruised on the love boat!? Or visited fantasy island?

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              There were at least two black characters on the show, one that was rather prominent, off the top of my head. One was a mechanic of some sort IIRC (no, not Cooter), and the other was Chickasaw County Sheriff Little, the neighboring county to Hazzard, and he was portrayed as a no-nonsense by-the-book sheriff.

Also, if you care to read more at the diversity of the cast of the Dukes show:
              What's worth noting, though, is that The Dukes of Hazzard, while not the most diverse show in television history, did, in fact, feature some black characters. The only regular black character was neighboring Chickasaw County Sheriff Little, portrayed by Don Pedro Colley, but over the course of seven seasons, the show featured at least 19 other black characters. Ji-Tu Cumbuka, Kevin Peter Hall, Al White (2 episodes), Hal Williams, Herb Jefferson Jr. (2 episodes), Steven Williams (2 episodes), Wally Taylor, John Dewey Carter, Ella Mae Brown, Ernie Hudson, James Reynolds, Woody Strode, Harrison Page, Teddy Wilson, Jesse D. Goins, William Allen Young, James Avery, Tony Brubaker, and Ken Foreeall had roles during the series' 146 episodes.

That's an average of about one every seven episodes, at a time when the traditional lack of diversity on television was a lot worse than it was in, say, the nineties. Yet The Dukes of Hazzard, set in rural Georgia, outpaced two of the biggest 90s hits on television. In its 180-episode run, Seinfeld only managed to feature 19 black characters, while Friends was so white, they made a song about it:

In case you weren't counting, that's 24 black characters in ten seasons, and 236 episodes. And both of those shows were set in New York City.

Source: https://thedailybanter.com/2015/07/t...-and-seinfeld/
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                How many negro actors cruised on the love boat!? Or visited fantasy island?
                Um, that's part of the point. Although Love Boat DID have that one guy Isaac. I never watched the show, basically clicked by it while channel surfing. Never have seen Fantasy Island, I just know the catch phrase of "De plane!"
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Gonna guess there were a good number on Adam 12
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Gonna guess there were a good number on Adam 12
                    I think Good Times did their share.

Comment

Another case of voter fraud?

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...aud-in-florida

Comment

If he has a job in Florida there isnt much of a case I dont believe...but yeah the projection is real
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          This one is in Florida...Trump's allegations of it are in Florida....his press secretary? You guessed it...Florida.
                          What the hell is with Florida's election laws?
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Have you seen Florida? The election laws make about as much sense as anything having to do with that state
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Looks as if being a ****ty cop pays pretty well.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                Heh. What I'm saying is, it started as something bad, and many tried to change its status to "simple southern living." They tried to flip the bit. They weren't racist. Just represented where they came from and their casual lifestyle.
                                “That’s nice and all but if I recall it don’t matter what it means to you because to African Americans everywhere it’s a symbol of oppression, hatred and inequality so your little ‘heritage not hate’ story don’t mean **** because your stupid little heritage was built on the backs of slaves and identifying with that kinda sorta definitely makes you trash in the Texas Rattlesnake’s eyes. So you can continue to spew your bull**** but just know that none of us care ya dumb racist sum***** and that’s the bottom line.”
                                -"Stone Cold" Steve Austin
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X