Clear All

• Re: The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Comment

Florida...also, Wisconsin, wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Wow, The Hangover still has some legs, eh.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

North Carolina: Armageddon
          South Carolina: Oh yeah? Deep Impact!

Comment

There's no way that's legit.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

No state would list Green Lantern #1 outside of Guam immediately following a hurricane that knocked out electricity for a month.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                No state would list Green Lantern #1 outside of Guam immediately following a hurricane that knocked out electricity for a month.
                And I don't think Delaware was ever watching Juwanna Mann, much less in 2020.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  There's no way that's legit.
                  Think about someone making this up - what choices!

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    I heard Movie 43 was a lost gem.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

This ought to go go over calmly and rationally, with no objections or outbursts from the Cleetuses in the gallery whatsoever.

Comment

Lee is overrated anyways. Stonewall Jackson was responsible for the victories Lee got credit for. Lee predicted that at Gettysburg.

#historynerd #Justice4Jackson

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Lee didn't want the Confederacy memorialized either. OTOH, he also didn't believe in equal rights for blacks, so...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Lee didn't want the Confederacy memorialized either. OTOH, he also didn't believe in equal rights for blacks, so...
                            Neither did Lincoln.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Neither did Lincoln.
                              IIRC, didn't Lincoln believe in a more phased approach to granting African Americans rights? Something about uneducated former slaves not being ready for the responsibilities of voting?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                IIRC, didn't Lincoln believe in a more phased approach to granting African Americans rights? Something about uneducated former slaves not being ready for the responsibilities of voting?
                                Pretty sure he wanted them shipped back to Africa because "the two races could never live side by side on equal footing."

He was a product of his society. Even a brilliant, educated, and deeply moral man born in the 19th century was very unlikely to comprehend that race meant nothing. Lincoln was far enough evolved that he recognized blacks as humans, equal in the sight of god. But he still believed they were inferior in terms of the criteria of civilized culture. He believed they were backward.

And to be fair there are backwards people. Race just has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by Kepler; 06-03-2020, 08:00 PM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X