• Show
Clear All

Re: PoTUS 45 LVXII: Pandemic Legacy Season 3

Kicking 200m off healthcare? This crap needs to be a campaign ad stat

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I'd like to meet these people who love their health plans. I've got pretty good health insurance and I ****ing hate everything involved with it.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        I'd like to meet these people who love their health plans. I've got pretty good health insurance and I ****ing hate everything involved with it.
        If there's an industry more justifiably hated than Finance, it's Health Insurance.

Those two make the Energy sector look like f-cking Habitat for Humanity.

Time to nationalize both.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          On top of that I'd like to meet the people who actually have choices in healthcare. I too have pretty good health insurance (especially so since my employer picks up the entire premium) but I have very little choice in where I can go for care. Certain labs, doctors or hospitals have to be used or I pay full freight or nearly so. People who are so afraid of "government run" healthcare sure don't seem to mind leaving it to faceless corporate conglomerates who are completely unaccountable to anyone but the richest .01%. At least in theory if I don't like how government performs I can do something about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

The party that wants to do away with protections for pre-existing conditions feels the need to project quite often.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              If there's an industry more justifiably hated than Finance, it's Health Insurance.

Those two make the Energy sector look like f-cking Habitat for Humanity.

Time to nationalize both.
              Big Pharma.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                The party that wants to do away with protections for pre-existing conditions feels the need to project quite often.
                So is projection some sort of beloved redeemable quality? Cause he does it all the time and he sure has a lot of lovers.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Big Pharma.
                  At least they produce something of value, albeit then extorting people for it.

The health insurers are literally just rentiers gouging people. The doctors provide the care. Even the hospitals, as corrupt as they are, provide the facilities. All the insurers do is to bribe politicians hundreds of millions to not go to the obvious best solution that will save people trillions. It's a classic protection racket. It's what law enforcement would be like if we didn't have public police departments.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 02-26-2020, 01:11 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold
                    When did Mitt's niece get the bleach-job?
                    She didn't. She's not in the video.

Comment

I see that now. I sure as hell wasn't going to watch that crap to find out.

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/26/b...s-lawsuit.html

President Trump’s re-election campaign sued The New York Times for libel on Wednesday, alleging that an Op-Ed article published by the newspaper falsely asserted a “quid pro quo” between Russian officials and Mr. Trump’s 2016 campaign.

Mr. Trump often threatens to sue media organizations but rarely follows through. The lawsuit, filed in New York State court in Manhattan, is the first time his political operation has taken legal action against an American news outlet since he took office.

The lawsuit concerns an essay published by the Opinion section of The Times in March 2019. The article, headlined “The Real Trump-Russia Quid Pro Quo,” was written by Max Frankel, who served as executive editor of The Times from 1986 to 1994. (The Opinion section of The Times operates separately from its newsroom.)

In the essay, Mr. Frankel wrote about communications between Mr. Trump’s inner circle and Russian emissaries in the lead-up to the 2016 election. He concluded that, rather than any “detailed electoral collusion,” the Trump campaign and Russian officials instead “had an overarching deal”: “the quid of help in the campaign against Hillary Clinton for the quo of a new pro-Russian foreign policy.”

The Trump lawsuit argues that this conclusion “is false” and that The Times published the essay “knowing it would misinform and mislead its own readers.” The suit also accuses The Times, without evidence, of harboring “extreme bias against and animosity toward” Mr. Trump’s re-election campaign.

The Times responded shortly after the suit was filed on Wednesday.

“The Trump campaign has turned to the courts to try to punish an opinion writer for having an opinion they find unacceptable,” Eileen Murphy, a spokeswoman for The Times, said in a statement.

Comment

Oh please, please let them try this and do discovery in a real court! Then they can rehash it without the GOP yapping and deflecting off of the facts

Comment

Comment

Dump campaign suing NYT for libel on an opinion piece

https://www.axios.com/trump-campaign...d03bb58e6.html

Comment

It's a dream come true. I've been waiting for that lawsuit for three years.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X