X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PoTUS 45 LVXII: Pandemic Legacy Season 3

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    This is all perfectly normal. Don't freak out.
    I haven't paid too much attention to the differences in his official tweets/statements and what he says at the rallies. How much is different? For example, does he soften his stance when on the national stage, compared to when just speaking to his cult followers?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      I haven't paid too much attention to the differences in his official tweets/statements and what he says at the rallies. How much is different? For example, does he soften his stance when on the national stage, compared to when just speaking to his cult followers?
      There is no difference. It is all consumption for his cult. He can change his mind (gun control, vaping) after a few minutes and his followers don't miss a beat. He'll tweet about how wonderful the economy is then moments later say we have to cut social programs because of the slumping economy. There is no consistency, no rationale. He just says whatever enters his head.

Comment

There is no difference. It is all consumption for his cult. He can change his mind (gun control, vaping) after a few minutes and his followers don't miss a beat. He'll tweet about how wonderful the economy is then moments later say we have to cut social programs because of the slumping economy. There is no consistency, no rationale. He just says whatever enters his head.
        I ask this, because he seemed to take it sort of serious in statements (but by no means as serious as he should be), but at the rally, he's saying hoax (as much as I've heard).
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          I ask this, because he seemed to take it sort of serious in statements (but by no means as serious as he should be), but at the rally, he's saying hoax (as much as I've heard).
          If he goes to the podium at the White House it is 50/50 what he will say. If the last person to speak to him before he speaks is Mulvaney or another hack, he'll call it a hoax. If a doctor manages to say something to him before he gets to the podium he will say it is serious. But more than likely will call it a hoax before he's done. Pompeo appeared before Congress today and refused to say whether it's a hoax.

Comment

If he goes to the podium at the White House it is 50/50 what he will say. If the last person to speak to him before he speaks is Mulvaney or another hack, he'll call it a hoax. If a doctor manages to say something to him before he gets to the podium he will say it is serious. But more than likely will call it a hoax before he's done. Pompeo appeared before Congress today and refused to say whether it's a hoax.
            Gotcha. Basically, he regurgitates whatever he heard last. And that depends on if it's one of his followers or not.

Comment

We are used to human speech where words carry information. Dumpies, and with increasing frequency all Republicans, emit noises to their supporters that are more like dog commands. Intonation, volume, and gesture are what matter, and the response elicited is emotional and revolves around loyalty and fear.

They are no longer using language, they are using animal noises that wire directly to the amygdala and the pleasure center. This is what Rush and Fox prepared their audiences for for the last 30 years.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

See, it's a way to get what he wants. If they say it's real, they'll get the funding, making Trump seem like a hero If they say it's a hoax, then Congress can say "well, if it's a hoax, what do you need the funding for?" then they can blame Democrats and Nancy Pelosi.
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  He repeatedly called the virus at hoax at his rally.

Tell me how anyone shouldn’t be hysterical.

At least now tD doesn’t need the emergency funding
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Judicial branch rules that congress can’t use their power. Cool.

“ Breaking News: A U.S. federal appeals court ruled that Congress cannot sue to enforce subpoenas against the executive branch, dealing a blow to Congress's oversight power.”
                    Absolutely ludicrous, but I assume Dump and Itch have packed this court by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      We are used to human speech where words carry information. Dumpies, and with increasing frequency all Republicans, emit noises to their supporters that are more like dog commands. Intonation, volume, and gesture are what matter, and the response elicited is emotional and revolves around loyalty and fear.

They are no longer using language, they are using animal noises that wire directly to the amygdala and the pleasure center. This is what Rush and Fox prepared their audiences for for the last 30 years.
                      It isn't just those on the right. Very few of us have any imagination anymore. One of the reasons Sanders appealed to me four years ago was at least he was putting forth some truly big ideas. In 2016 it almost appeared as if big ideas were beginning to appeal to voters on the left for the first time in 60 or 70 years. I guess that notion was wrong though.

As someone who has been active with or worked for labor unions for 4 decades now I routinely decry labor's relative lack of imagination. Leaders on the left have failed utterly to lead, and those on the right have succeeded immensely in the last couple of generations to a path towards the fascism that is now on the horizon. It's shocking how much dumber so many Americans are than even an idiot like me.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        It isn't just those on the right. Very few of us have any imagination anymore. One of the reasons Sanders appealed to me four years ago was at least he was putting forth some truly big ideas. In 2016 it almost appeared as if big ideas were beginning to appeal to voters on the left for the first time in 60 or 70 years. I guess that notion was wrong though.

As someone who has been active with or worked for labor unions for 4 decades now I routinely decry labor's relative lack of imagination. Leaders on the left have failed utterly to lead, and those on the right have succeeded immensely in the last couple of generations to a path towards the fascism that is now on the horizon. It's shocking how much dumber so many Americans are than even an idiot like me.
                        Don't be such a Chicken Little. We're nothing like Fascist countries. Sure, we have an Authoritarian leader who is above the law; sure we have corporations that exhibit undue influence on politicians to the point that exercising your First Amendment right to protest is now a crime; sure we have a heavily militarized police force that routinely executes members of racial minority groups; sure we have a government agency whose sole purpose is to strip people of citizenship but that power certainly won't be abused; and while we may have concentration camps we are *not* gassing people or using ovens to dispose of their bodies so any comparison to Fascism is hyperbolic overreaction.

Everything is fine.

Comment

A lot of hysterics in here today.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            A lot of hysterics in here today.
                            calm-down

Comment

• Good news everyone. The middle class tax cut is back.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Good news everyone. The middle class tax cut is back.
                                how's that work?

is the middle bracket going to be lowered??? who else will that help
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X