Sexual Abuse by Former College & Youth Hockey Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexual Abuse by Former College & Youth Hockey Coach

Has anyone read a column which was written by Katie Strang from a publication called the Athletic? The column focuses on years of sexual abuse performed by a former Illinois youth hockey and collegiate coach named Tom Chico Adrahtas. Adrahtas was an assistant coach at the University of Minnesota in the early 1980s. Yesterday, the University of Minnesota responded to the article. It is astonishing that add he was able to coach over 40 years and only now have these allegations become public. It is very difficult to understand why his behavior was covered up for so many years.
    Last edited by collegehockeyfan1; 02-25-2020, 11:14 AM.

Re: Sexual Abuse by Former College & Youth Hockey Coach

You didn't like the thoughtful reply posted in your previous thread about this so you deleted the thread and started a new one? The answer is the same, it is endemic in our culture across far more than sports and has been happening and been covered-up or ignored for a very long time. Here is just one article about the history of sexual abuse.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Gophers 1984-1985 roster. This was the last year of head coach Brad Beutow.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I have asked around and all I can say Chico you are one messed up individual.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Move over, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State and (for a brief period) Minnesota… we have a new name to throw in the “sexual abuse in the Big Ten” pot…

https://twitter.com/danmurphyespn/st...06946070286336

At this rate every school in the real conference will be implicated in something by 2038.

Wisconsin is the only BTHC school that is (to public knowledge) unblemished.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Wisconsin is the only BTHC school that is (to public knowledge) unblemished.

If deer could talk...

Comment

Working...
            X