Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UCHC Playoffs

Originally posted by altazo View Post
    Well, sure. But if we don’t, can’t someone just hand it to us? That would be the fair thing to do after those great games we played back in December.
    Love this post! Also, I promise, not mater what the Fish says I will not respond...Best weekend of D3 hockey coming up, wish I could watch more but the high school team I help coach with Beaney has a regional semifinal game at noon...Good luck to all and hopefully USM can at least dent the twine against Norwich!
    Last edited by hockeyfan77; 02-27-2020, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
      hopefully USM can at least dent the twine against Norwich!
      That hasn't happened in quite a while. Aubrun has had an amazing run.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
        And we move on to the semifinals: #5 Naz vs. #1 Utica & #3 Stevenson vs. #2 Wilkes. Going to be some good games.

My predictions:

#5 Naz vs. #1 Utica: Game 1: Utica wins 6-1. Game 2: Utica wins 3-2. Utica moves on to finals

#3 Stevenson vs #2 Wilkes: Game 1: Stevenson wins 4-3 in OT. Game 2: Wilkes wins 3-1. Wilkes wins mini-game 3-2 and moves on to finals.

We'll see how these predictions hold up haha.
        They just play a single 5 min OT until the DMG, right????
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          That is, I believe, correct.
          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            There have been 7-9 and 8-8 teams in the NFL playoffs before too while teams with better records missed out. It is what it is.

1/3rd of the NCAA Tournament field is eligible for an at-large bid. That's pretty darn good all things considered.

At the end of the day, "just win baby."
            Prezde, I've been reading your posts for years, and you're definitely better than this.

How's about winning the RS, instead?

We all know how the BS conference AQ's can turn the entire process on its head. That's happened time and time again, just by dint of leaving deserving teams out in the cold.

D-3 hockey ain't big-bucks hoops, where the TV dollar drives the process and where money trumps equity. There is no reason whatsoever to ape the basketball model.

It wasn't long ago that old-timers on here opined that an objective process would never be implemented via selecting the AL's. They were wrong.

Now, let's work on the AQ situation.
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-27-2020, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Prezde, I've been reading your posts for years, and you're definitely better than this.

How's about winning the RS, instead?

We all know how the BS conference AQ's can turn the entire process on its head. That's happened time and time again.

D-3 hockey ain't big-bucks hoops, where the TV dollar drives the process, and money trumps equity. There is no reason whatsoever to ape the basketball model.

It wasn't long ago that old-timers on here opined that an objective process would never be implemented via selecting the AL's. They were wrong.

Now, let's work on the AQ situation.
              As everyone has told you. That is up to the individual conference. Get yourself on the board of the UCHC and get it changed for the UCHC, if you can. Let every other conference do what they wish. There you go.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                As everyone has told you. That is up to the individual conference. Get yourself on the board of the UCHC and get it changed for the UCHC, if you can. Let every other conference do what they wish. There you go.
                So, that makes the process sensible, somehow?

It doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Nazareth, Wentworth, Southern Maine, Nichols and Plattsburgh just off the top of my head would all be out right now if we didn’t have conference tournaments.

Just give it a rest man. It’s good for the game and good for hockey to have to play your way in when it counts. There are four bids available for those that performed well in the regular season but don’t win their league. More than fair odds to still get in.
                  Huh? I get your response (& agree with you), but what in the name of dirty diapers does this have to do with the coaching vacancy @ Kings?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    That hasn't happened in quite a while. Aubrun has had an amazing run.

Oh I know, something like 457 plus minutes? if my math is correct

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                      You listed a bunch of sub .500 teams. The cinderella story theory is dumb. The MASCAC sends a cinderella story to the tournament every year and they get bounced in the first round every time. The system is pretty flawed.

Who needs that Miracle on ice? What a crappy story

Comment

It doesn't.
                        Steve, let it go

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          If OT is needed in the first game, it is just like the regular season (I think). And to add/elaborate, a minigame is only necessary if the series is split or both games end in a tie. If the minigame ends up a tie, it's just like the NHL, 20 minute periods until someone scores. The UCHC website breaks it down too: https://theuchc.com/sports/2020/2/4/...urney2020.aspx
                          Utica Pioneers Hockey
                          2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                          2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                          2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                          2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

It doesn't.
                            It makes the process the same as every other D3 team sport. But let's move along. Nothing (new) to see here.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Final score: Stevenson vs. Wilkes Game 1: Wilkes wins 7-5.
                              Utica Pioneers Hockey
                              2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                              2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                              2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                              2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                                Who needs that Miracle on ice? What a crappy story
                                The USA played its way into the Gold Medal round, no gift-AQ's involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X