UCHC Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by altazo View Post
    If Wilkes wins out they will need zero PWR help as they will have earned their conference AQ.
    Ooooo, no, no-no... don’t say they “earned” it. It would be handed to them by some silly AQ process!
    Dave
    RIT - '90

Comment

Re: UCHC Playoffs

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
      Why play the games anyway? Why not just crown a championship after a said number of games? Cause the is what makes it a sport, you work all season to peak at the right time
      Fish evidently thinks there is no need for a national tournament, after that's just a meaningless series of games, too.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Stevenson takes care of business at home, eliminating Neumann 8-4.
        Dave
        RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
          Why play the games anyway? Why not just crown a championship after a said number of games? Cause the is what makes it a sport, you work all season to peak at the right time
          "Cause" (sic) the RS is a much bigger body of work..?

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            Fish evidently thinks there is no need for a national tournament, after that's just a meaningless series of games, too.
            Not really, considering the lack of intercourse between East and West. And the NC is a fun thing to watch, anyway, if the teams involved have a logical argument to be represented.

I just would prefer that the field was chosen on a more objective basis. (For example, top-12 PW, irrespective of conference-affiliation.)

Don't you -as a statistician- agree on that point on a logical basis?

(Don't pander to the LCD on that one, please. You know you know.)

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
              If Wilkes wins out they will need zero PWR help as they will have earned their conference AQ.

If Utica loses in the UCHC tournament, they likely do not need a PWR “perfect storm” to get in either.
              You mis-read, or something.

Wilkes is #17 in the PW. Not in the field if they don't get an AQ... But why is Wilkes even in the discussion at this juncture?

Utica, of course, is safely in in any case, on the basis of the RS.

That's my point.
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-26-2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Not really, considering the lack of intercourse between East and West. And the NC is a fun thing to watch, anyway, if the teams involved have a logical argument to be represented.

I just would prefer that the field was chosen on a more objective basis. (For example, top-12 PW, irrespective of conference-affiliation.)

Don't you -as a statistician- agree on that point on a logical basis?
                I think your logical disconnect is not recognizing that the national tournament really starts with the league playoffs. Some teams that don't win one of those are given a second chance. The only thing that I would prefer is if there were more at large berths.

Comment

I think your logical disconnect is not recognizing that the national tournament really starts with the league playoffs. Some teams that don't win one of those are given a second chance. The only thing that I would prefer is if there were more at large berths.
                  Your (public) logical-disconnect is that you're OK with throwing out a large body of data in favor of a couple of weekends.

I really don't believe that you find that equitable at the end of the day.

You're appealing to the masses on that one.

Comment

To take your argument to its logical extreme, why should a #8 seed in the UCHC (for instance) even have a shot at a NC, after playing poorly all season long..?

This current system is extremely stupid. That's fairly indisputable.

Comment

To take your argument to its logical extreme, why should a #8 seed in the UCHC (for instance) even have a shot at a NC, after playing poorly all season long..?
                      Take that up with the UCHC and their seeding/selection process for their playoffs. The conferences have the freedom to determine how their rep is chosen.

Comment

So you find it okay that a 46th ranked Fitchburg State is going to get into the tournament over a top 10 pwr ranked team? Makes perfect sense

Comment

Stevenson defeats Neumann 8-4 tonight. Stevenson heads to Wilkes for 5:00 PM games on Friday and Saturday.
                          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

"Cause" (sic) the RS is a much bigger body of work..?
                            So after 25 regular season games we can just stop and crown Norwich cause they have the best body of work so far? (sic) Sounds like a hoot (sic)

Comment

Take that up with the UCHC and their seeding/selection process for their playoffs. The conferences have the freedom to determine how their rep is chosen.
                              You chickened-out on that one.

And (I think) that all the conferences buy-into the Emperor's New Clothes BS.

That makes absolutely no sense, and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                                So you find it okay that a 46th ranked Fitchburg State is going to get into the tournament over a top 10 pwr ranked team? Makes perfect sense
                                Yup, cause (sic) that's why they play the games....Why play the 80 Olympics? Everybody knew the Soviet Union was the best team, they finished first in their bracket: why have playoffs? oh I forgot (sic)
                                Last edited by hockeyfan77; 02-26-2020, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X