Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UCHC Playoffs

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
    So after 25 regular season games we can just stop and crown Norwich cause they have the best body of work so far? (sic) Sounds like a hoot (sic)
    Why not? That is more logical than including a couple of sacrificial lambs, in the name of, what, "fairness"?

(And you might want to look-up the prefix there, bud.)

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
      So you find it okay that a 46th ranked Fitchburg State is going to get into the tournament over a top 10 pwr ranked team? Makes perfect sense
      So many people defend the indefensible here.

I don't get it, either.

This Nation keeps getting more stupid, in many respects.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-26-2020, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Why not? That is more logical than including a couple of sacrificial lambs, in the name of, what, "fairness"?

(And you might want to look-up the prefix there, bud.)
        I was just randomly using you prefix cause it's just a ridiculous as playing a regular season and having no playoffs, bud..

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
          I was just randomly using you prefix cause it's just a ridiculous as playing a regular season and having no playoffs, bud..
          The RS is all a conference needs to determine a champion. A second season is ridiculous.

Comment

The RS is all a conference needs to determine a champion. A second season is ridiculous.
            In your opinion, I do think too many teams make conference tourney's (say top 4 should get in)...In the NCAA tourney if a lower seed beats a higher seed doesn't that go against your logic? I mean the higher seed still has a better body of work? What miracle on ice, who needs a story like that!

Comment

So many people defend the indefensible here.

I don't get it, either.

This Nation keeps getting more stupid, in many respects.

So you're classy as well, I won't stoop to your level but the arrogance you show, is more a danger to the country than people "defend the indefensible here"...

Comment

Unrelated to the playoffs, but Kings fired Coach Steve Mallaro on Wednesday.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Unrelated to the playoffs, but Kings fired Coach Steve Mallaro on Wednesday.
                  Nazareth, Wentworth, Southern Maine, Nichols and Plattsburgh just off the top of my head would all be out right now if we didn’t have conference tournaments.

Just give it a rest man. It’s good for the game and good for hockey to have to play your way in when it counts. There are four bids available for those that performed well in the regular season but don’t win their league. More than fair odds to still get in.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Nazareth, Wentworth, Southern Maine, Nichols and Plattsburgh just off the top of my head would all be out right now if we didn’t have conference tournaments.

Just give it a rest man. It’s good for the game and good for hockey to have to play your way in when it counts. There are four bids available for those that performed well in the regular season but don’t win their league. More than fair odds to still get in.
                    You listed a bunch of sub .500 teams. The cinderella story theory is dumb. The MASCAC sends a cinderella story to the tournament every year and they get bounced in the first round every time. The system is pretty flawed.

Comment

If Adrian gets sent out east I wonder if they’ll be in the same pod as Utica? It would be cool to see Utica beat them up for a third time this season, and this time in front of their home fans! I’ve been told that, in hockey, the easiest thing to do is beat a good team three times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                        You listed a bunch of sub .500 teams. The cinderella story theory is dumb. The MASCAC sends a cinderella story to the tournament every year and they get bounced in the first round every time. The system is pretty flawed.
                        There have been 7-9 and 8-8 teams in the NFL playoffs before too while teams with better records missed out. It is what it is.

1/3rd of the NCAA Tournament field is eligible for an at-large bid. That's pretty darn good all things considered.

At the end of the day, "just win baby."
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                          If Adrian gets sent out east I wonder if they’ll be in the same pod as Utica? It would be cool to see Utica beat them up for a third time this season, and this time in front of their home fans! I’ve been told that, in hockey, the easiest thing to do is beat a good team three times in a row.
                          Adrian to Utica is 535 miles, requiring a flight.

Much more likely Adrian plays Hobart or Geneseo I would think. Lake Forest is also currently in play for an at-large despite being eliminated from their conference tournament. LF and Adrian could meet in a first round matchup.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

At the end of the day, "just win baby."
                            Well, sure. But if we don’t, can’t someone just hand it to us? That would be the fair thing to do after those great games we played back in December.

Comment

Adrian to Utica is 535 miles, requiring a flight.

Much more likely Adrian plays Hobart or Geneseo I would think. Lake Forest is also currently in play for an at-large despite being eliminated from their conference tournament. LF and Adrian could meet in a first round matchup.
                              For sure, lots of appealing scenarios. For some reason I thought Adrian was just under 500mi from Utica.

I envision SNC winning the NCHA autobid and hosting or traveling to the MIAC champ with the winner playing Eau Claire in a quarterfinal, and Adrian being sent east.

Comment

And we move on to the semifinals: #5 Naz vs. #1 Utica & #3 Stevenson vs. #2 Wilkes. Going to be some good games.

My predictions:

#5 Naz vs. #1 Utica: Game 1: Utica wins 6-1. Game 2: Utica wins 3-2. Utica moves on to finals

#3 Stevenson vs #2 Wilkes: Game 1: Stevenson wins 4-3 in OT. Game 2: Wilkes wins 3-1. Wilkes wins mini-game 3-2 and moves on to finals.

We'll see how these predictions hold up haha.
                                Utica Pioneers Hockey
                                2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                                2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                                2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                                2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X