Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UCHC Playoffs

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    The SUNYAC did for a few years have a full fledged three-game series ... for the finals only. Some of the best hockey I’ve ever seen were in those series. (Caveat — the series could end 1-0-1. Only the third game played OT till a winner was decided.)
    It was a true race to 3 points. The Minigame was actually a full game. I like the concept. More hockey = more fun.
    Last edited by NUProf; 02-29-2020, 04:58 PM.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Got a close one, end of 2nd: Stevenson 3-Wikes 2.
      Utica Pioneers Hockey
      2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
      2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
      2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
      2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
        Got a close one, end of 2nd: Stevenson 3-Wikes 2.
        Stevenson won and we're off to the DMG!!
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          The resurgence of the 2 game series is aimed a making it less likely that an early round upset of a top team will keep them out of the tournament finals. That should be something that Fish would support. I like the concept of the two game series, but I'd like a series that ends up 1-1 or 0-0-2 to be finished with a full game the next day.
          Having lived through a mini-game last year, I tend to agree... Especially since the guys were so gassed after about the 65-minute mark. It began to look as though they were playing on snowshoes.

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
            Pioneer apparent (well, to some anyway) goal waved off in final 4 seconds of the 2nd period. However, UC scored on ensuring face off (goal at 19:59.2) and leads 2-1 after 2. Shots favor UC 20-17.
            I certainly wouldn't swear to it, but my take (at that moment) was that when it went off the Naz goalie's paddle, it deflected exactly into the crossbar/post junction, and bounced back away from the cage lickety-split.

(Thing is, The Aud didn't show a replay, and it tends to do that when the replay supports the call on the ice.)

Not to re-open that stale can of worms, but I just don't understand why the refs aren't allowed to use the video where it's available. That certainly doesn't disadvantage any other team in any other venue, and I suspect that all of D-3 will employ this technology soon. (It's cheap!)

Comment

Wilkes finally ends the nightmare. 1-0 sudden death mini game winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                I certainly wouldn't swear to it, but my take (at that moment) was that when it went off the Naz goalie's paddle, it deflected exactly into the crossbar/post junction, and bounced back away from the cage lickety-split.

(Thing is, The Aud didn't show a replay, and it tends to do that when the replay supports the call on the ice.)

Not to re-open that stale can of worms, but I just don't understand why the refs aren't allowed to use the video where it's available. That certainly doesn't disadvantage any other team in any other venue, and I suspect that all of D-3 will employ this technology soon. (It's cheap!)
                Correct, it did not go in. However, it was the middle of the crossbar, straight down and out. Only the GJ has a better view than me at that end.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

It definitely didnt go in. Doesnt matter regardless. Shocked by Entelisanos actions, should be a scratch tomorrow. Naz cant skate with this team. Im predicting a big win for utica tomorrow, 8-1

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                    Correct, it did not go in. However, it was the middle of the crossbar, straight down and out. Only the GJ has a better view than me at that end.
                    We used to sit there. Fun seats when the action is at that end.

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                      It definitely didnt go in. Doesnt matter regardless. Shocked by Entelisanos actions, should be a scratch tomorrow. Naz cant skate with this team. Im predicting a big win for utica tomorrow, 8-1
                      I don't foresee a healthy scratch. Naz is a clutch-and-grab team and JT fits right in there. As you say, they can't skate with Utica, so they need to bend the rules.

Wish you wouldn't have said 8-1, though!

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                        What did he do ?
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Utica 3 Naz 0 after 2. Shots 25-8 in favor of the home team
                          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Wild ending......Utica 3 - Naz 2

Championship trophy will be awarded Saturday in Utica.
                            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              What did he do ?
                              He committed several slashing violations, only one of which was called, and generally was a an instigator all night long.

Furthermore, he ran the Utica goalie, and was rewarded via a blocker in his grill several times in rapid succession (nice job by Baggs there, while on his back!) and two UC players immediately joined the fray inside the cage. 4 minors were handed-out, and JT received 2 of them. He deserved both, if not the gate.

He played like a punk last night, but to his credit, he redeemed himself today. Played a clean game and hugged the entire UC squad as the teams shook hands.

That's the JT I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
                                And we move on to the semifinals: #5 Naz vs. #1 Utica & #3 Stevenson vs. #2 Wilkes. Going to be some good games.

My predictions:

#5 Naz vs. #1 Utica: Game 1: Utica wins 6-1. Game 2: Utica wins 3-2. Utica moves on to finals

#3 Stevenson vs #2 Wilkes: Game 1: Stevenson wins 4-3 in OT. Game 2: Wilkes wins 3-1. Wilkes wins mini-game 3-2 and moves on to finals.

We'll see how these predictions hold up haha.
                                Yeesh, looking back at these, I guess I thought this through enough haha. Didn't get it 100% correct though

Championship Predictions: #2 Wilkes vs. #1 Utica

Game 1: Utica wins 4-1

Game 2: Utica survives again 4-3 and is the 2020 UCHC Conference Tournament Champion.

We'll see (again) how these hold up haha. Either way, it should be another good series. Looking forward to it!
                                Utica Pioneers Hockey
                                2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                                2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                                2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                                2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X