Frozen Four Bids! Vegas and Beyond!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frozen Four Bids! Vegas and Beyond!

Gila Arena in Phoenix/Glendale, Coyotes home, beautiful resort weather in April, tons of stuff to do in the area, snow ski in the morning up in Flagstaff, water ski in the afternoon 25 miles away from the arena, high hockey growth area to get more kids and colleges involved, why not? Also, 7 miles from my house, works for me!

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      True, but I'm not as fortunate as some guys where Mrs. W. doesn't consider hockey to be a vacation. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      Do what I do -- don't take the Mrs.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        Do what I do -- don't take the Mrs.
        It's an idea, but it's a balancing act for sure. I'm already going to Houghton for the home games and she makes it to only 1 or 2 weekends a year. So in her mind hockey > Mrs W. too often already.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Tampa, Tampa, Vegas, Nashville, Tampa. Repeat.
          Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes although Nashville is apparently off the table because of conflicts. Kinda disappointed Washington DC apparently didn't bid.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

+another one- LOVED the FF's in Tampa- lots of people show up, lots of extra vacations to do before and/or after the tournament. Perfect escape at the beginning of spring.

WRT being a tourist, DC is pretty nice. New York would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              Chuck St. Paul in with the Twins in town that Friday and then repeat.

No, I’m not biased it’s a 70 mile drive.
              I think for many arenas, like New York. It's the time commitment. What the Frozen Four takes up four or five days? Lot of other events they could host in this time. This is why Nashville hasn't bid yet.

Vegas sounds awesome as does Seattle.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                I think for many arenas, like New York. It's the time commitment. What the Frozen Four takes up four or five days? Lot of other events they could host in this time. This is why Nashville hasn't bid yet.
                According to the 2023, 2024, 2025 & 2026 NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Championship Site Selection Process it’s six days:

GENERAL FACILITY SPECIFICATIONS 1. Conditions and Availability.
                d. The facility and surrounding area (i.e., parking lots, frontage property and any other adjacent area that the facility may provide to the NCAA) shall be available for the exclusive use of the NCAA starting at 9 a.m. the Monday preceding the semifinal games (e.g., Thursday) through midnight the day of the championship for the purpose of preparing for, practicing for and conducting the Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Championship.

What find most interesting is the venue has the right to stop the championship game at midnight according the NCAA’s specs (or charge the NCAA whatever the want to continue play).

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
                  Gila Arena in Phoenix/Glendale, Coyotes home, beautiful resort weather in April, tons of stuff to do in the area, snow ski in the morning up in Flagstaff, water ski in the afternoon 25 miles away from the arena, high hockey growth area to get more kids and colleges involved, why not? Also, 7 miles from my house, works for me!
                  That would be a great vacay spot for us snow birds.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    I missed St. Louis last time. Never been there. So, I’d like to see it back there.
                    We went. But to be honest it was low on our totem pole. It just wasn’t very exciting and to be honest not much to explore outside the area.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      +another one- LOVED the FF's in Tampa- lots of people show up, lots of extra vacations to do before and/or after the tournament. Perfect escape at the beginning of spring.

WRT being a tourist, DC is pretty nice. New York would be interesting.
                      Yes, warm weather with a beach is perfect.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan. But mix Boston in for me so I can drive.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          We went. But to be honest it was low on our totem pole. It just wasn’t very exciting and to be honest not much to explore outside the area.
                          Absolutely agree. Went up the arch, went to the games, went home ... Zzzz.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

From the standpoint of having made too many business trips to STL, I have no choice but to agree with Carmine. And if you like your whisky mixed with ginger ale (not me) or just like ginger ale, there is none. Bartenders mix cola with 7-up and think it's ginger ale. (Blecch!!)
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                              Absolutely agree. Went up the arch, went to the games, went home ... Zzzz.
                              The zoo was nice. The lack of genuine bbq was weird. We heard from locals, you need to drive up to KC. Strange place.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                From the standpoint of having made too many business trips to STL, I have no choice but to agree with Carmine. And if you like your whisky mixed with ginger ale (not me) or just like ginger ale, there is none. Bartenders mix cola with 7-up and think it's ginger ale. (Blecch!!)
                                Also did business trip there. Not so great even on company tab. However we did do some substantial business there. Tech folks were very intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X