No announcement yet.

Frozen Four Bids! Vegas and Beyond!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also would say Milwaukee and St Paul are great host cities. At least there the casuals come out because they genuinely love hockey.

Comment

Re: Frozen Four Bids! Vegas and Beyond!

In every city there are gems that hockey fans miss. St. Louis has one of the most beautiful botanical gardens anywhere that we found to be absolutely spectacular and one of the nicest attractions in any Frozen 4 city we've been to.

This next round of bids likely has just been shortened because you have to believe Detroit will be given one of the bids due to this years cancellation.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
        In every city there are gems that hockey fans miss. St. Louis has one of the most beautiful botanical gardens anywhere that we found to be absolutely spectacular and one of the nicest attractions in any Frozen 4 city we've been to.

This next round of bids likely has just been shortened because you have to believe Detroit will be given one of the bids due to this years cancellation.
        I’m sure If Detroit asks, they will get it.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I would put it at 50/50 that all the venues who lost out on hosting with the cancellation this season will be offered the 2021 dates first.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
            I would put it at 50/50 that all the venues who lost out on hosting with the cancellation this season will be offered the 2021 dates first.
            That's kind of tough considering all the regional sites for next year and the Frozen Four for the next two years have already been awarded. And they certainly aren't going to change that.
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              That's kind of tough considering all the regional sites for next year and the Frozen Four for the next two years have already been awarded. And they certainly aren't going to change that.
              They have been awarded, but it's not too late to push them back a year as well if they decide to go back to the 2020 sites in 2021.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                They have been awarded, but it's not too late to push them back a year as well if they decide to go back to the 2020 sites in 2021.
                Not going to happen. Those Frozen Four sites are locked in contractually.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me either way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                    Wouldn't surprise me either way.
                    That’s true. Everything is negotiable...
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Some cities bid for certain years because they have other events scheduled in other years so highly unlikely they change the bids already awarded. However Detroit put in bids for all 4 years of the next cycle so they almost certainly get the first year of that cycle. Considering they wanted another bid by putting in for all 4 they may even get the 4th year as well if they play along well with the NCAA through this process. For me I would not want to see that happen being near Boston but I can appreciate the fact that they well get it and may well deserve it for their patience.

Comment

They are looking at the logistics of moving everything back one year for basketball. Dont see why they cant explore for hockey also.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                          They are looking at the logistics of moving everything back one year for basketball. Dont see why they cant explore for hockey also.
                          Wow. I would have thought basketball would be even harder considering how big that event is. Well, like I said before, everything is negotiable.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

No ones saying that they won’t look into it, there are just some very plausible reasons why it might not happen quite that way.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              No ones saying that they won’t look into it, there are just some very plausible reasons why it might not happen quite that way.
                              By the way, any stories out there about headwinds in trying to get airfare refunds? I have two Newark to Detroit round trips I can to cancel and United has changed its policy four times in the past week. Very confusing for the obvious reasons. Wondering if canceling the charge to my debit card would be the better option.

Comment

Working...
                              X