Frozen Four Bids! Vegas and Beyond!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Four Bids! Vegas and Beyond!

Just saw this article https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2020/02/24_With-Bids-In,-Tampa,-Vegas.php looks like some new places to visit!
    Providence College
    National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Re: Frozen Four Bids! Vegas and Beyond!

There's a link to another article where Nate Leaman says it's a no brainer to bring it to Vegas. Let's get it done.

Places like Philly, Columbus, Chicago, St. Louis. Meh to all of them.

Comment

No Milwaukee.

Harrumph.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        There's a link to another article where Nate Leaman says it's a no brainer to bring it to Vegas. Let's get it done.

Agree.

Count me in for Vegas, period.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
          Just saw this article https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2020/02/24_With-Bids-In,-Tampa,-Vegas.php looks like some new places to visit!
          Wow. I thought Tampa was off the board "forever."

But I think some of that had to do with Yzerman. And now that he’s no longer with Tampa...
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I missed St. Louis last time. Never been there. So, I’d like to see it back there.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

No matter where it is, with the cost of tickets and the dead day between semi finals and the championship, I will not travel to attend. If they would just play back-to-back like they do al year long, the travel time and expenses could be justified. But not under the current format for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                No matter where it is, with the cost of tickets and the dead day between semi finals and the championship, I will not travel to attend. If they would just play back-to-back like they do al year long, the travel time and expenses could be justified. But not under the current format for me.

This is why the host is important — to make it a mini vacation surrounded by college hockey.
                AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  This is why the host is important — to make it a mini vacation surrounded by college hockey.
                  True, but I'm not as fortunate as some guys where Mrs. W. doesn't consider hockey to be a vacation. [emoji1787]

Comment

Only FFs I have been to were in Boston. I am not travelling to Buffalo or Columbus etc for this. I suppose back to back days would be fine since anyone who wants to make a real trip out of it can stay as long as they want. Never thought of back to back though. Considering the possibility of multiple OT games I think it's best to keep off day in between.

The bottom line is they need to stop assuming traditional hockey markets are the answer. Some are, some aren't. With the failure that was Buffalo try to get more destination spots in the mix. Start with Vegas, Tampa and although Nashville wasn't listed keep exploring that. I would also be ok with NYC since it has never been there.

Comment

although Nashville wasn't listed keep exploring that.
                      The way the Preds fans act like college student section, I like this idea. Also, I think I could actually get Mrs. W. To go to Nashville if there was a good concert on the off day.

Comment

Tampa, Tampa, Vegas, Nashville, Tampa. Repeat.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Only FFs I have been to were in Boston. I am not travelling to Buffalo or Columbus etc for this. I suppose back to back days would be fine since anyone who wants to make a real trip out of it can stay as long as they want. Never thought of back to back though. Considering the possibility of multiple OT games I think it's best to keep off day in between.

The bottom line is they need to stop assuming traditional hockey markets are the answer. Some are, some aren't. With the failure that was Buffalo try to get more destination spots in the mix. Start with Vegas, Tampa and although Nashville wasn't listed keep exploring that. I would also be ok with NYC since it has never been there.
                          Nashville would be a great host. However, Bridgestone Arena also has a long term deal for the SEC Basketball tournament and a heavy entertainment schedule that make having the Predators give up another home weekend at that time of year a difficult proposition.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            Nashville would be a great host. However, Bridgestone Arena also has a long term deal for the SEC Basketball tournament and a heavy entertainment schedule that make having the Predators give up another home weekend at that time of year a difficult proposition.
                            Screw bouncyball

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Tampa, Tampa, Vegas, Nashville, Tampa. Repeat.
                              Chuck St. Paul in with the Twins in town that Friday and then repeat.

No, I’m not biased it’s a 70 mile drive.
                              AF 99

Comment

Working...
                              X